Author Topic: Siglent SDS1000X HD 12bit DSO's  (Read 83492 times)

Offline skander36

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Siglent SDS1000X HD coming
« Reply #225 on: October 25, 2023, 10:37:47 pm »
The prices from that Aliexpress page are a ripoff.
I expected that prices from european dealers to be higher that on China market, it's normal but not like this.
Taken from Siglent chinese site, I have made an aproximation yuan to euro to see their indicative prices. For Europe we need to wait, but I will not bite anything from Aliexpress at this price ...

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #226 on: October 25, 2023, 10:50:14 pm »
Compared to what the spec sheet of the new version promises us, that would be very low prices for it.
Buy the smallest 4-channel model, hack to the largest model...
"Comparison is the end of happiness and the beginning of dissatisfaction."
(Kierkegaard)
Siglent SDS800X HD Deep Review

The following users thanked this post: skander36

Online tautechTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #227 on: October 25, 2023, 11:01:01 pm »
The prices from that Aliexpress page are a ripoff.
I expected that prices from european dealers to be higher that on China market, it's normal but not like this.
Taken from Siglent chinese site, I have made an approximation yuan to euro to see their indicative prices. For Europe we need to wait, but I will not bite anything from Aliexpress at this price ...
Don't think we will see 70 MHz or 2ch versions in the west so for now we should only look at SDS12/1104X HD where your list puts the 100 MHz version near where I predicted in reply #3.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #228 on: October 26, 2023, 05:33:54 am »
for now we should only look at SDS12/1104X HD where your list puts the 100 MHz version near where I predicted in reply #3.

Not really, unfortunately. Skander's extrapolation puts the SDS1104X HD at 1167€, which is essentially the same price as the 2104X Plus over here (1199€). At least it would not be more expensive than the 2104XP, so we are halfway between your expectations and mine.

If one wants the respective LA option, the 1104X HD would become more expensive than the 2104XP, unless something like the current bundle deal also becomes available for the 1104X HD right away.

Ah well, I guess we'll just have to sit tight and wait what pricing Siglent comes up with. I hope they do that very soon -- for my own benefit but also for theirs, if they want to capture some of the "end of year leftover budget" in companies and institutions.

Offline Warhawk

• Frequent Contributor
    • Personal resume
« Reply #229 on: October 26, 2023, 07:06:51 am »
for now we should only look at SDS12/1104X HD where your list puts the 100 MHz version near where I predicted in reply #3.

Not really, unfortunately. Skander's extrapolation puts the SDS1104X HD at 1167€, which is essentially the same price as the 2104X Plus over here (1199€). At least it would not be more expensive than the 2104XP, so we are halfway between your expectations and mine.

If one wants the respective LA option, the 1104X HD would become more expensive than the 2104XP, unless something like the current bundle deal also becomes available for the 1104X HD right away.

Ah well, I guess we'll just have to sit tight and wait what pricing Siglent comes up with. I hope they do that very soon -- for my own benefit but also for theirs, if they want to capture some of the "end of year leftover budget" in companies and institutions.
Can you please suggest where to get 2104X Plus in Germany for 1199EUR (after tax?). I am going to order one soon.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 07:36:38 am by Warhawk »

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #230 on: October 26, 2023, 07:14:46 am »
Can you suggest where to get 2104X Plus in Germany for 1199EUR (after tax?).

That would be nice! :)  All EU prices I mentioned are before tax, since VAT rates vary in different countries.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #231 on: October 26, 2023, 07:17:37 am »

Yeah sorry brain fart....was looking at the 2ch version pricing.  :palm:
However in the 800's or lower is my guess for 100 MHz 4ch HD but we need just wait and see.  :popcorn:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #232 on: October 26, 2023, 07:20:22 am »
Can you suggest where to get 2104X Plus in Germany for 1199EUR (after tax?).

That would be nice! :)  All EU prices I mentioned are before tax, since VAT rates vary in different countries.
Yeah but add the savings the current promo offers ......
https://www.siglenteu.com/news-article/permanent-analysis-bundle-on-your-new-oscilloscope/
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline Warhawk

• Frequent Contributor
    • Personal resume
« Reply #233 on: October 26, 2023, 07:40:19 am »

Yup, I was not sure. Thanks for the confirmation.

https://www.siglenteu.com/news-article/permanent-analysis-bundle-on-your-new-oscilloscope/
I agree. I plan to discuss the investment with my piggy bank tonight.

The following users thanked this post: tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #234 on: October 26, 2023, 08:41:23 am »
I agree. I plan to discuss the investment with my piggy bank tonight.
:-DD
Brightened my day, thanks WH.

Do check your supplier understands and knows about the promo. Quote them the bundle # so they get it right.
It can take a day or 2 to get all the licenses and best resellers will install them for you and give you copies of the printed install instructions although when we generate official licenses we can also get a tiny LIC file that we pop on a USB stick and tell the instrument to search for it from within the options menu. Seconds and it's done.....no more typing in licences codes here.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

The following users thanked this post: Warhawk

Offline skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #235 on: October 26, 2023, 08:52:43 am »

... where your list puts the 100 MHz version near where I predicted in reply #3.

... Skander's extrapolation puts the SDS1104X HD at 1167€...

Is not my list or an extrapolation. Is Siglent list with Siglent indicative prices from their site (Siglent.com). My contribution was to note the equivalent amount in Euro with the curency converter. As I said this are prices from China and I expect to be higher in Europe.
Which models will be available, I don't know. In China the new models (black) can already be ordered (Tmall, JD).

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #236 on: October 26, 2023, 09:21:25 am »
Is not my list or an extrapolation. Is Siglent list with Siglent indicative prices from their site (Siglent.com). My contribution was to note the equivalent amount in Euro with the curency converter. As I said this are prices from China and I expect to be higher in Europe.   

Ah, I see -- it was just a plain currency conversion. I thought that you had used the RMB vs. EUR pricing of other scopes (which are available in both regions) to guide your conversion; that's what I meant by "extrapolation".

I just tried the latter, using only the 2104X+ as a reference -- which is indeed quite a bit more expensive in China than the 1104X HD. Using the 2104X+ pricing to determine the "exchange rate", I arrive at 950€ before taxes for the 1104X HD in Europe.

The following users thanked this post: skander36

• Super Contributor
« Reply #237 on: October 26, 2023, 09:29:24 am »
Which models will be available, I don't know. In China the new models (black) can already be ordered (Tmall, JD). 
We had a hacked 70 MHz 2000X Plus appear in NZ as a grey import and Siglent were none too pleased to discover one of their mainland sellers was exporting China only models.
I won't reveal the penalty they paid.  :-X

Lets just say it was a good swift kick in the goolies.  :-DD
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 09:30:58 am by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #238 on: October 26, 2023, 09:42:11 am »
We had a hacked 70 MHz 2000X Plus appear in NZ as a grey import and Siglent were none too pleased to discover one of their mainland sellers was exporting China only models.

Not a good ideea to buy from grey market. On the sites recomended by Siglent is clearly specified that they only send to China. I don't understand why Siglent don't sell to Europe while they are already certified with CE mark and are already on sale in China (so it has pass the QA phase). Their software is mostly polished as it is not on first generation as Rigol HD did on Android.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #239 on: October 26, 2023, 10:06:00 am »
On the sites recommended by Siglent is clearly specified that they only send to China.
:-//
Siglent in Shenzhen is HQ, EU and USA are branches of HQ. HQ sends to their branches.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #240 on: October 26, 2023, 12:00:10 pm »

Not a good ideea to buy from grey market. On the sites recomended by Siglent is clearly specified that they only send to China. I don't understand why Siglent don't sell to Europe while they are already certified with CE mark and are already on sale in China (so it has pass the QA phase). Their software is mostly polished as it is not on first generation as Rigol HD did on Android.

Their software is as polished as it is because they take it seriously.
Chef is cooking. Please be patient, it will be served when ready....

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #241 on: October 26, 2023, 12:06:41 pm »

But it will be bought when the customer has money to spare. What about the year-end business?

Offline Warhawk

• Frequent Contributor
    • Personal resume
« Reply #242 on: October 26, 2023, 02:23:07 pm »

Honestly, the fact that LeCroy sells Siglent scopes under their brand gives me confidence that it is not bad. I know that this is only a supplementary portfolio but they won't put LeCroy logo on something that stinks.

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline skander36

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #243 on: October 26, 2023, 03:29:54 pm »

I can live without, I have enough scopes to work with, but still, not clear their market startegy ...

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #244 on: October 26, 2023, 04:09:19 pm »
Honestly, the fact that LeCroy sells Siglent scopes under their brand gives me confidence that it is not bad. I know that this is only a supplementary portfolio but they won't put LeCroy logo on something that stinks.

LeCroy especially loves raising the prices on that rebranded hardware.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #245 on: October 26, 2023, 04:16:32 pm »

I can live without, I have enough scopes to work with, but still, not clear their market startegy ...

Their marketing strategy is actually very clear.
Well made, good quality products for happy customers that come again and again. Good reputation in the long run. Value added products, not cheapest, but excellent quality and good value for money. 
That is their strategy.
To make it a reality, requires hard work and no shortcuts.

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh, Martin72

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #246 on: October 26, 2023, 04:18:56 pm »

Well,
unlike individuals at home, companies need support. LeCroy is supporting those rebrands to thier fullest level like their own machines.
To some, that is worth additional money. To those that don't care Siglent is there. Win -win.

The following users thanked this post: Performa01

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #247 on: October 26, 2023, 04:22:40 pm »

Exactly and it's more than this, siglent building scopes for lecroy (at least WS3000Z and WS4000HD), it's a kind if technology partnership/sharing.
That is a trust that siglent certainly does not want to spoil under any circumstances.
(Kierkegaard)

The following users thanked this post: Performa01

Offline Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #248 on: October 26, 2023, 04:29:16 pm »

These relabeled Siglent scopes have almost all options already included.
(Kierkegaard)

Offline KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #249 on: October 26, 2023, 09:46:13 pm »

These relabeled Siglent scopes have almost all options already included.

So do our Siglents, they just don't know it yet. 😉😉

The DMM prices are funnier though. The $400 Siglent is automatically a $700 LeCroy. Those stickers can be pricey though.
"I installed a skylight in my apartment yesterday... The people who live above me are furious." - Steven Wright

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf