Author Topic: HDS200 oscillation funktion damaged  (Read 429 times)

Offline XinaxTopic starter

HDS200 oscillation funktion damaged
« on: February 13, 2023, 12:08:44 pm »
I have the problem, that I had a short moment where I was not paying attention and measured a 230V AC over a wrong connection and seem to grilled only the oscillation.
The normal measurements are still working correctly, at a visual inspection the only SMD part which seems damaged is the component D11 at the board HDS200-MAIN-V3.1.
I cannot see which part this is, so I can replace it (no visual, no wiring diagram and no PCB info). Hopefully someone here can help me with this, I do not want to buy a new one, when the repair cost would be only cents.

Offline jonpaul

• Super Contributor
Re: HDS200 oscillation funktion damaged
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 12:25:56 pm »
no idea what is hds200
probably impossible to fix, buy a new meter, €15..50
j
Jean-Paul  the Internet Dinosaur

Offline XinaxTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 01:39:11 pm »
That is a multimeter with integrated oscillation gen and measure and cost about 200€+

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 01:45:06 pm »
You can try to leave the diode out but it is possible a lot more is damaged. It looks like an output protection that uses the supply rails to clamp overvoltage into (which is not good design practise). If the output still doesn't work without the diode, you'll need to reverse engineer the circuit starting with the power supplies and check whether these still work. Also make sure the trace between the diode and the output connector is still making a connection.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 01:48:59 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf