Author Topic: Siemens Zeitmesser M 09005-A23-A1  (Read 989 times)

Offline flash2bTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Siemens Zeitmesser M 09005-A23-A1
« on: August 29, 2021, 08:07:31 am »
Yesterday I have bought this Siemens Zeitmesser M 09005-A23-A1 at the DNAT swap meet in Bad Bentheim (Germany).

After cleaning it seems a nice looking device. Since I do not know that exact use of this measurement device I hope that someone on this forum can help me. I think this device was used to measure timing of relay contacts. Its resolution is 10ms with the maximum of 99.99s. It also includes an additional adapter for 220/110V.

I believe 2 contact timings can be checked and the connectors at the top are: Ground, Contact 1, Contact 2, Reset. With the two switches at the left you can setup the configuration Normal Open (NO) or Normal Closed (NC). The 3 switches on the right are Show Time Contact 1, Contact 2 and Manual Reset.

Could some confirm the above ?

I have not switched on the unit yet since I do not have the power cord. Also I am wondering if it actually used mains (220/230V) and tried to open the unit unsuccessfully. I could open the the back lit, but all was show was a flat heat sink I could not move the PCB out of the housing. With some strong light I could see that there is a transformer in the bottom part of the unit and some vents in the back and side of the casing in that area. The heat sink has a TO220 device mounted upside down so this could be a voltage regulator.

Does anyone know which plug is used here and if it is for mains voltage ? The pin spacing is 7 mm.

Hope that someone has some more information and maybe even a manual or schematic.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 09:02:05 am by flash2b »
They say attention is a shovel. It's time to dig 'em out.

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
Re: Siemens Zeitmesser M 09005-A23-A1
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 11:07:53 pm »
Nice grab. A very useful device tailored to the needs in electromechanical testing.
Your assumptions are correct so far. The device uses mains supply (230/50).
Enclosed is a excerpt from an old English Siemens shortform brochure. Somewhere I ought to have a bit more about the thing, but that will need some time to find.

The needed connector should be a Hirschmann Stak2.
see here:
https://hirschmann.com/de/Hirschmann/Industrial-Connectors/Leistungssteckverbinder/ST-Serie/index.phtml
get here:
https://www.buerklin.com/de/Kupplung-STAK-2/p/40F470
or here:
https://www.reichelt.de/de/de/leitungskupplung-st-serie-2-polig-pg7-mit-zugentlastung-stak-200-p52050.html?PROVID=2788&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItI-iq6fX8gIVC9d3Ch2lkQ0_EAQYBSABEgKgc_D_BwE&&r=1
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 11:28:52 pm by Neomys Sapiens »

The following users thanked this post: flash2b

Offline flash2bTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Siemens Zeitmesser M 09005-A23-A1
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2021, 09:16:56 am »
Neomys Sapiens: Danke für deine schnelle antwort und die infos !!

The link for the STAK2 connector @ Reichelt is not correct, since that is the STAK200. But I found the correct connector @ Conrad : https://www.conrad.nl/p/hirschmann-930621106-1-netstekker-stak-bus-recht-totaal-aantal-polen-2-pe-16-a-grijs-1-stuks-1177484

After the confirmation that this device is wired for 230V/50Hz, if started looking for an alternative connector since I do not have the Stak2 on stock. I found a replacement that fitted (without earth grounding).

So I hooked the unit up to the mains and was brave enough to power up the unit with success !

The Zeitmesser works perfectly and also according to what I though it would work. Now I can make some test setup and test the response of several relays and compare the results. I am super happy and will definitely order the Stak2 connector from Conrad so that the power cord is fully restored.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 01:52:23 pm by flash2b »
They say attention is a shovel. It's time to dig 'em out.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf