Author Topic: TLA7SA08 Failing Self test - UFDC module  (Read 855 times)

Offline nicklinnTopic starter

• Contributor
TLA7SA08 Failing Self test - UFDC module
« on: October 04, 2022, 05:32:54 pm »
Hello,

Am attempting to save a TLA7SA08 module for the TLA7000 series logic analyzer for a project.   It's only failure is on the UFDC module, I can't for the life of me find any documentation on what the heck this module is to even start.   Anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
Nick

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Re: TLA7SA08 Failing Self test - UFDC module
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 06:48:24 pm »
Hello,

Am attempting to save a TLA7SA08 module for the TLA7000 series logic analyzer for a project.   It's only failure is on the UFDC module, I can't for the life of me find any documentation on what the heck this module is to even start.   Anyone have an idea?
Open it up and look on the silkscreen to try and find a clue. While you are at it, look for any physical damage.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline nicklinnTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 03:34:25 am »
Open it up and look on the silkscreen to try and find a clue. While you are at it, look for any physical damage.

Thing is pristine on the inside and nothing labeled that unfortunately.

Offline calibrationfixture

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2022, 06:08:38 am »
Hi Nick,

I assume you powered this Module up isolated. Thus all other Modules not connected in the TLA7000 Mainframe. In addition you also tried another Slot. This is a suggestion in the 077-0402-02 TLA7SA08 & TLA7SA16 Technical Reference Manual (last 2 pdf pages).

I also assume you installed the TMS160PCIE3_v6.0.267.0 Application Firmware. The Software for the Serial Analyzers isn't included in  the "normal" TLA Application Software (this must be V5.8 at least).

UFDC Modules Tests are in the beginning of the Power-On and Extended Diagnostics Tests. TLA7AXX, TLA7BXX and TLA7SAXX's show this description. TLA7NX Modules show SFDC Modules Test. These need a Jumper for FW Reflash. TLA7AXX e.a. not. Maybe this is the area you must look to.

Succes,
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 08:15:24 am by calibrationfixture »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf