Author Topic: Does Fluke provide a complimentary written manual to purchasers  (Read 1500 times)

Offline TummlerTopic starter

Does Fluke provide a complimentary written manual to purchasers
« on: February 28, 2022, 10:59:03 pm »
Of new Fluke equipment from authorized dealers?

I know a written manual is no longer included with the their products, but that's not a big deal if they provide written copies to buyers who request them. Fluke does this, right?

Offline BeBuLamar

• Super Contributor
Re: Does Fluke provide a complimentary written manual to purchasers
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 12:52:37 am »
I don't think so. We buy a lot of DMM from Fluke if they do I would have to ask for some but I do not think so.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 01:50:13 am »
I guess it depends on the product. I bought a Fluke IR thermometer last year and it came with a printed manual in the evil vacuum moulded PET overwrap it came in.

Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline paulbt

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 11:11:24 am »

I know a written manual is no longer included with the their products, but that's not a big deal if they provide written copies to buyers who request them. Fluke does this, right?

Hi, in those 15 mins you wasted while making a new account on the forum and creating this new topic, you could write an email directly to fluke and ask them this question.
After you got your response, we would appreciate if you open a FYI topic here and inform us or show us their response.
Right?
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."  Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 03:32:31 pm »

Hi, in those 15 mins you wasted while making a new account on the forum and creating this new topic, you could write an email directly to fluke and ask them this question.
After you got your response, we would appreciate if you open a FYI topic here and inform us or show us their response.
Right?

The OP has been registered on the forum for months, so they didn't make a new account on the forum just to post this question, it just happens to be their first post. Perhaps they are shy, or perhaps they waited until they have something relevant to say or ask, rather than merely shitposting to criticise someone for posting what you think is a trivial question.

Others are happy to talk about their question and contribute to it, if you think it's trivial and don't want to talk it about you could just do that, not talk about it. If you haven't anything useful to add to the conversation just STFU rather than indulge in low grade bullying.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: lowimpedance, Fungus, paulbt

Offline BeBuLamar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 03:54:40 pm »
If the OP didn't buy the meter yet he would have problem email and ask because they want serial number when you contact them.

Offline J-R

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 06:11:03 pm »
Most of my Fluke handheld DMMs came with a printed quick-reference card that fits well into the carrying case.

I don't think authorized dealer vs. any other seller would matter, if it's a new unit it should be in a retail box with all the same items included.

Offline Caliaxy

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2022, 05:51:12 am »
Not sure they actually do provide printed manuals free of charge (if that’s what you are asking). The last two Fluke meters we bought (manufactured in 2020)  came with a card mentioning that manuals and software can be downloaded or *ordered* at www.fluke.com/productinfo. I could not find any “order manual” link there, so I assume you’d have to contact them directly, as suggested by others. I don’t plan to request any printed manual, I’m fine with the PDFs (and no real man actually reads the user manual anyways :)). Kidding, of course.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf