Author Topic: Kaiweets Upgrade  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Ray CITopic starter

• Contributor
Kaiweets Upgrade
« on: July 09, 2023, 09:09:30 pm »

Hopefully I won't be laughed-at and banned from this site for admitting this in public...

My favorite piece of "bench" equipment is a $50 (US) hand-held DMM.  Well, it just received an upgrade and I just ordered one.  I've been using the Kaiweets KM601 as the go-to meter for about a year.  With Auto-Power-Off disabled, it would eat a set of batteries every 5-10 days so, I wired it up to a clean,4.5V floating supply, disabled APO and have been happily using it for 6 months.   It's been very reliable and suits my "hobbyist" needs perfectly. 

For those of you familiar with these units, be apprised...  A new model is out now (KM601s) which has a USB power charger/supply and a fold-out kickstand.

If this company make a benchtop version of this model, I suspect it would be very successful...

Later

Ray

Online BillyO

• Super Contributor
Re: Kaiweets Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 10:32:58 pm »
I've not tried that model, but I do have a Kaiweets HT118E and for home electronic use it's a very nice meter.  4.5 digits, very well made, very accurate, full featured and works very well.  Kaiweets do makes some really nice stuff for the hobbyist.  If I was an professional electrician I would not use it for work though.  I also got an upgraded Kaiweets probe kit for it and while it's not as nice as Pomona or Probe Master, it is better than most, including my Keithley probes.

All that said, I usually reach for my Brymen, but if that's in use the Kaiweets is my next choice.
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Offline slavoy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023, 04:18:41 pm »
I tested the KM601 last year. Initially, I was skeptical and wouldn't have bought this multimeter myself. However, it turned out to be quite decent for starters. All the functions work correctly, and there are no false declarations in the manual. I didn't find any major flaws. The large power consumption is due to the display, which remains backlit all the time. If someone likes this type of multimeter, they should be satisfied with it.

Offline jemarro12

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 04:38:56 pm »
I´ve found a big error showing ACV and freq. 
It´s really annoying... (video is in spanish language).

Online BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 05:41:02 pm »

Too much WHIZZ and not enough bang, I guess.
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2023, 05:50:40 pm »
I don't see any out of spec error in ACV. As of frequency, likely there was borderline not enough voltage amplitude.

Offline katsushika

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2024, 08:47:59 pm »
I was looking for cheap equipment and I found Kaiwwets. It's decent for the price, I have no regret.
This is my collection

KM601 / HT208D / ST100

As an electrician I really like the ST100. Maybe the most sophisticated in this category with these inputs  :D

When I placed the order they had already released the KM601S but I voluntarily chose to take the old version because I dont want to store any lithium batteries in my tool bag.
Also, I saw a video which explains that the device is not safe when it is charging on USB port...

Offline katsushika

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2024, 11:12:23 am »
I had a similar issue when I first tested the HT208D in my office. I subsequently tested on the socket of my washing machine which is on a dedicated circuit and the function works correctly here. What is strange is that the Hz% has a bug but the value is correct when we switch to other V functions. My KM601 don't have this issue  :-//

« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 11:15:20 am by katsushika »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf