Author Topic: U1272A Calibration (and BM257s service)  (Read 2214 times)

Offline FloyoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
U1272A Calibration (and BM257s service)
« on: June 01, 2016, 07:49:30 pm »
Hi all, some simple measuring in the lab tonight turned into a bit of an annoying situation. Both my u1272a and bm257 "started" acting up at the same time.

The BM257s displayed the same symptoms as mentioned here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/brymen-257s-lost-calibration-data/ ,
except it also shows overload on the dcV range. Trying the "fix" in that thread did remove the error, but the dcV range still refuses to work :(.
Luckily I bought this meter a little over a year ago, so it should still be within warranty, and I'll contact the guys mentioned in the other thread.

Now, to the other meter, in short, its out of cal. by roughly .4% on the DC and ACv ranges. the DC mV range is still bang on compared to my BM867 and 33401a.
According to the 1 year spec. on the cal. cert. of +/-0.0667% multiplied by the roughly 6 years it has been since the factory cal. happened the drift could be as much as
0.4%, so that makes sense at least.

Now, for the main question, where can I get this meter calibrated (for a fair price) in Europe. Keysights own option is in the US, and counting in shipping and the inevitable
import tax (even though its my own meter) this makes no economic sense.
http://www.keysight.com/en/pd-1896657-pn-U1272A/handheld-digital-multimeter-45-digit-water-and-dust-resistant?cc=NL&lc=dut

Sorry for the waffle, had to rant a bit, my poor meters :(

Offline boggis the cat

• Regular Contributor
Re: U1272A Calibration (and BM257s service)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 01:59:56 pm »
You should be able to search for calibration labs local to you.  Try "calibrate multimeter" or the equivalent in local languages.  If you don't care about the accuracy as it is now, then ask for a quote for adjustment to specifications then calibration.

Some labs will offer different options and prices based on information such as whether you require comprehensive data, ISO 17025 compliant certificate, etc.

If I recall correctly, there are labs offering such service starting at around £50 or so in the UK.  Possibly you can find even less expensive options elsewhere in the EU.

Offline FloyoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: U1272A Calibration (and BM257s service)
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 06:41:34 pm »
I had some more looking around, and no place specifically mentions Agilent gear, but I did find the cal manual for the meter, so I'm sure those guys at the cal lab can figure that out too.
No concrete prices either, so I'll have to send out some emails and see which numbers come back.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf