Author Topic: Screen Protector for both Brymen 869s and Fluke 87V digital multimeters?  (Read 2746 times)

Offline parallaxTopic starter

• Contributor
Hello.   I am new to this forum.  I just ordered a Brymen 869s and a Fluke 87V multimeters.  I am interested in installing a factory sized-cut screen protector for each of the meters.  Are there factory sized-cut screen protectors for these multimeters?

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
There are none that I'm aware of. I wish there was one though, I have the 867 which is the same size screen as the 869.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline John B

• Frequent Contributor
Just buy plastic mobile phone screen protectors, then cut them to size. I did it on my meters. Ideally, do it just as you take off the factory plastic film. Even a speck of dust will make a bubble under the protector and trigger you for the rest of eternity.

• Contributor
I would prefer not to have to size cut by hand a phone screen protector, but it looks like my options here are limited.  In this case, is there a screen protector type that may work better than others for mainly indoor use in my fortress of solitude?  Options include glass, PET plastic, TPU plastic, etc.

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
I have to ask, why do you want screen protectors for some bench queen multimeters?

Offline sonicj

• Frequent Contributor
  • updata successed!
Photodon will make you a screen protector in any size. https://www.photodon.com/custom-screen-protector.html  I think they are pretty popular for automotive touchscreens. Might be worth seeing if they want to add your meters to their database of devices.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
I would prefer not to have to size cut by hand a phone screen protector

Why not? They're cheap and they work awesomely. Most of my meters have one.

(only one of my meters doesn't, and that's only because the screen is curved in both axis so the protector doesn't stick)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 12:25:13 pm by Fungus »

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
(only one of my meters doesn't, and that's only because the screen is curved in both axis so the protector doesn't stick)

Hydrogel Soft Film Screen Protector is great for protecting curved displays (as well as everyone else)
It is very elastic, transparent, easy to stick and leaves no traces or scratches. I have many multimeters with this film on the display. :)

• Contributor
OK.  I decided to step out of my comfort zone, and try cutting a screen protector film with an X-Acto knife to appropriate size.  it looks like there are three main types of screen protectors; tempered glass, PTU, and PFE.  Tempered glass seems to be the most protective, but it works best for completely flat screens, so may not work too well with curved DMM screens.  PFE seems easy to work with, but does not seem to offer much protection.  It looks like PTU may be optimal as it should be relatively easy to cut to size with an X-Acto knife and should be flexible enough to negotiate the curved screen.

Unless you guys have a better solution, I will order a large iPad size PTU screen protector with the intention of cutting to correct size for generic screen displays.  Large size film should allow me to screw up a few times before I get it right.   :D

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
Tempered glass seems to be the most protective, but it works best for completely flat screens, so may not work too well with curved DMM screens.

It's also impossible to cut.

Unless you guys have a better solution

Use scissors instead of a knife.

Cut out an approximate rectangle then trim it down gradually to size. Don't over-obsess the corners. Those things are fairly invisible in use even if they aren't 100% OCD-perfect fit.

I will order a large iPad size PTU screen protector with the intention of cutting to correct size for generic screen displays.  Large size film should allow me to screw up a few times before I get it right.   :D

I buy multipacks of smartphone-size ones, but whatever.

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
I went to mobi shop, and asked to sell me cheapest one for some old phone.. I got them for really low price, and they were happy to get rid off them..

• Contributor

Can you post a weblink for what has worked for you?

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor

Can you post a weblink for what has worked for you?

I do the same as 2N3055.

I really think you're over-thinking this whole thing.

I went to mobi shop, and asked to sell me cheapest one for some old phone.. I got them for really low price, and they were happy to get rid off them..

Offline karamba

• Contributor
Why? It is not an iphone.
https://www.ebay.com/c/1718900156

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf