Author Topic: Siglent SPD3303C Review and Questions  (Read 3395 times)

Offline Roger NeedTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Siglent SPD3303C Review and Questions
« on: March 06, 2023, 12:44:20 am »
I just received a Siglent SPD3303C linear power supply that I ordered on Amazon.  Tested it with various loads yesterday and pleased with performance.  It met all specs and observed the folllowing:
  • Interface is intuitive and save/recall easy to do.
  • Rotary knob encoder was smooth and can be rotated quickly with minimal lag
  • No overshoot on load/noload.  Rise time in milliseconds
  • RMS noise was under 1 mV RMS
  • OCP was implemented in firmware and worked well
  • At low currents fan noise was very low and only slight transformer hum

Rotary encoder knob has pushbutton capability but it does not appear to be used according to manual.    Anyone found out how to use the pushbutton feature?   If I push it in and power on only the digit 5 appears on the display.  I wonder what that does?

My unit was older stock with a cal date of June 2022 and latest firmware for Version 1.

From firmware release notes a Version 2 of the hardware was released in September 2022.
Does anyone know what the changes are in V2 and if it affects performance or user options?  I still have 30 days to return if V2 is a better product.

Thanks - Roger

« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 12:49:00 am by Roger Need »

Online abeyer

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Siglent SPD3303C Review and Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 01:32:40 am »
Rotary encoder knob has pushbutton capability but it does not appear to be used according to manual.    Anyone found out how to use the pushbutton feature?   If I push it in and power on only the digit 5 appears on the display.  I wonder what that does?

I'm pretty sure that's how you turn it up to 11.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 02:02:40 am »
My unit was older stock with a cal date of June 2022 and latest firmware for Version 1.

From firmware release notes a Version 2 of the hardware was released in September 2022.
Does anyone know what the changes are in V2 and if it affects performance or user options? I still have 30 days to return if V2 is a better product.
AFAIK this HW revision is just part of normal HW development/improvement as is SPD3303X/X-E had a similar HW upgrade recently too.
I suspect the 2 are related however Siglent does not share the details of HW changes only flagging them in firmware versions if SW need be changed to support the changes.

If there are changes a user might notice, they are reflected in datasheets and user manuals.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Offline 7thSenpai

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 05:20:37 pm »
Only thing I found the push button does is resets the overload condition. That is when the led display reads O.L.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf