Author Topic: RuiDeng Riden RD6006 DC power supply  (Read 432188 times)

Offline johnny007

Re: RuiDeng Riden RD6006 DC power supply
« Reply #1275 on: August 01, 2024, 01:27:57 pm »
Hi,

My RD6006 does not charge batteries (or output any voltage at all in that matter) when connected to the green terminal - it does not even show battery voltage at all when connected.

I've tested both internal fuses for continuity and they both passed and seem fine. Anyone experienced similar issue before or has some tips what to check in order to fix this issue?

I've got latest UniSoft V1.41.1k firmware (awesome work by the way!) - though I think the firmware does not matter because I don't think it's the software issue.

It's just the charging function (green terminal) which does not work for me. Standard positive terminal and power supply function works just fine and I'm currently connecting batteries to the standard red positive terminal and using constant current when I need to charge them.

The bottom line is - I believe my green terminal/charging function never worked, no matter the firmware. But unfortunately I always believed it was the user error and that I just did not understand how to use this feature. That's the reason I did not RMA'd the RD6006 immediately after buying - and now it's too late to request any (free) repair from the seller. Yesterday I thoroughly read available manuals and checked YouTube videos and it just seems it should be simple matter of connecting Li-Ion battery to the black (-) and green terminals (+) and set the voltage and charging current - yet this does nothing for me. I hear the relay click, but there's no output voltage/current going out and the voltage of the connected batteries is always shown as zero - even when they're at 50% charged.

Thank you in advance for all your help!

Online UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1276 on: August 01, 2024, 04:08:21 pm »
...it does not even show battery voltage at all when connected.
So this is a problem... It should have some voltage (>= 0.5V), only then the green output will be enabled
First check the Relay if it working or not.
You can do this simple:
1. Disable output (disconnect any load)
2. press SHIFT-DOWN, then enable option "Green Output", confirm by ENTER
3. Enable output (You should hear relay click), check the voltage on the green terminal (should be the same as on red term).
4. Disable output, and disable option "Green Output" (Note: this option disables any charging functionality).

Next check resistors divider (and connections)... see attach
If no problem here, then need to disassemble module, and check connection on the control PCB till MCU pin.
it goes from connector over resistor R40 1K to the MCU pin 14.

I just did not understand how to use this feature.
When you connect the battery to the green terminal, MCU detects some voltage (from battery),
it should be >= 0.5V, then MCU allow to open green terminal.
So if the battery is dead or complete discharged MCU will not detect it.

The following users thanked this post: ToThePub, johnny007

Offline johnny007

« Reply #1277 on: August 01, 2024, 04:22:59 pm »
So this is a problem... It should have some voltage (>= 0.5V), only then the green output will be enabled
You can do this simple:
3. Enable output (You should hear relay click), check the voltage on the green terminal (should be the same as on red term).
4. Disable output, and disable option "Green Output" (Note: this option disables any charging functionality).

If no problem here, then need to disassemble module, and check connection on the control PCB till MCU pin.

When you connect the battery to the green terminal, MCU detects some voltage (from battery),

Thank you very much for your response, much appreciated!

The battery voltage shown is always exact 0V, no matter which battery I connect to the green and black terminals.

I'll check the relay and resistors and report back.

Offline johnny007

« Reply #1278 on: August 01, 2024, 07:53:29 pm »
You can do this simple:

I just want to say another thank you!

I guess the relay has been stuck somehow. It now finally works! The relay was clicking before too, but its click sound was much quieter than now.

You can do this simple:
I did all of this and relay clicked and I measured voltage on both red and green terminals.

Then I did check resistors divider according to your image - all great, resistors matched the value on your picture.

So disappointed I assembled my RD6006 back, because I don't have time to dig deeper now. I've tried the battery charging feature again - just for the hell of it - and suddenly I, for the first time of my RD6006 ownership, see connected battery voltage in V-BATT as well as "CHARGE: DETECT" instead of just "OFF" and "0.00 V". And the charging is indeed working.

So thank you very much for your help!

Online lfldp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1279 on: August 05, 2024, 08:23:24 pm »
Hello
Could someone explain to me what might be wrong with my power supply? I have a riden rd6018 - with a set supply voltage of 12V and a current of about 0.5ma - 1A, the fan never starts. With a set supply voltage of 5V and a current of 0.5ma - 1A, its fan starts to start cyclically, accelerates to high speeds, suddenly slows down, and repeats after about 30 seconds. This sound is irritating, I don't understand why the fan doesn't have to work at 12V but does at 5V. Is there a method to change the operation of this fan? Best regards.

EDIT:

Correction after more detailed tests it turns out that this fan starts when the controller temperature rises to 42C but the temperature rises to 42C only if the device powered by 5V draws a very small current of 00.25A then this fan turns on but when the powered device draws more current of about 1A this fan does not start at all. What could be the reason? Is this some software error?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 04:35:49 pm by lfldp »

Online UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1280 on: August 08, 2024, 04:42:12 pm »
If nothing else works, finally read the manual!

Could someone explain to me... Riden RD6018... the fan never starts...
If you read the manual
http://www.ruidengkeji.com/inst/RD6018.pdf
on the page 43 you will find the table, where:
Cooling fan start condition: Output current>8A or System temperature>45℃
Cooling fan shut down condition when working: Output current<7.9A and System temperature<40℃

Online lfldp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1281 on: August 08, 2024, 09:24:19 pm »
If nothing else works, finally read the manual!

Could someone explain to me... Riden RD6018... the fan never starts...
If you read the manual
http://www.ruidengkeji.com/inst/RD6018.pdf
on the page 43 you will find the table, where:
Cooling fan start condition: Output current>8A or System temperature>45℃
Cooling fan shut down condition when working: Output current<7.9A and System temperature<40℃
Yes, I understand everything except for one thing - why does the temperature rise to 45 degrees after just a few minutes of powering the device with a low current and low voltage of 5v - 12v 1amp. A 1200W power supply is installed in my rd6018. After uncovering the power supply housing, the temperature rises to 45C but much slower - the fan turns on only after 4 hours - is this a normal phenomenon or is this 1200W power supply simply damaged? - I removed the power supply cover as in the video link.

Offline 269eev

« Reply #1282 on: August 12, 2024, 09:06:32 am »
Hi @all, I read a lot here, before I just ordered my 6012pw+S800 case&supply.

!!! So first of all  :-+ for all your support here !!!

I read, that a lot of you donated for UniSoft to support RD6024... did it work ... what was the outcome ?

So far I was looking for alternative Firmwares for the 6012P without any luck. Do you know one ?

« Last Edit: August 14, 2024, 07:27:22 am by 269eev »

Offline myf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1283 on: August 13, 2024, 12:48:13 pm »
Hello Lfldp,

Powerful power supplies used with a low load are likely to be inefficient. As a result, they dissipate (minimal, flat-rate) power in heat anyway, and heat up.

On the contrary, (electrical conversion) losses are proportionally lower if the power used is nominal (and close to maximum).

The same applies to cars (petrol or diesel). A car with a powerful engine will consume more than the same car with a smaller engine when moving slowly through town. 

Have a nice day !

F. in France with the help of deepl...

The following users thanked this post: lfldp

Online UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1284 on: August 14, 2024, 10:53:55 am »
I read, that a lot of you donated for UniSoft to support RD6024... did it work ... what was the outcome ?
Screenshots are attached... All what was donated are there...
I did not withdraw money from there.
Since this service does not want to work with a Chinese bank card, and I do not have any other bank cards at the moment.

So far I was looking for alternative Firmwares for the 6012P without any luck. Do you know one ?
there are no any other alternative firmwares for this modules.

Offline 269eev

« Reply #1285 on: September 02, 2024, 03:59:14 pm »
THX for response.

- I searched the www for a cuircuit diagramm of 6012p... any resources you know ?

- My 6012 is demaged somehow. After 3-5min the U and I measurments freeze, temp and Wh still updated.
When I try to set a different output voltage, I can set it but unit stays on old values. When I switch off output, no reaction it stays on. When I put it to standby it switches off. Then after switching output on too, it says "Output fuse demaged".

Ruideng will send me a new unit and a TM7007 chip, but I doubt that the converter is the prob. What do you think ?

Online lfldp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1286 on: September 04, 2024, 09:31:27 pm »
Hello Lfldp,

Powerful power supplies used with a low load are likely to be inefficient. As a result, they dissipate (minimal, flat-rate) power in heat anyway, and heat up.

On the contrary, (electrical conversion) losses are proportionally lower if the power used is nominal (and close to maximum).

The same applies to cars (petrol or diesel). A car with a powerful engine will consume more than the same car with a smaller engine when moving slowly through town. 

Have a nice day !

F. in France with the help of deepl...
Ok now I understand everything, I should replace these PSUs with much weaker ones, up to 300W, the panel itself can remain. thx for help.

Online lfldp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1287 on: September 07, 2024, 09:32:23 am »
I wanted to ask another question. The RD6018 I recently assembled generates 250 - 300mv p2p at 5 amps of current, the cheapest Chinese laboratory switching power supplies (30V 5A 150W) usually generate 30mv peak to peak. The better switching power supplies from Gophert generate 10mv p2p, so is this Riden RD6018 + all the rest of this company's converters suitable for anything other than regulating DC motors and charging batteries?

Offline Honusnap

• Contributor
« Reply #1288 on: September 09, 2024, 10:48:47 am »
Hello all,

I got a riden 6018 since 2020 and i'm having some problems since .. yesterday.
I selected 3.65V, 5A then hooked up (Black/Green) a LiFePo4 cell,click the output ON ..... relay click.... 3s .. .. relay click. Chercked that the cell was 3.32V so there is space left to charge it.
I tried some other 4.2V and 1.2V cells .. same behavior, tried on the black/red output ... there is no Amp output...
Then i check the voltage output of the 6018, for 3.65V selected it output 1.8V ... !!!!!

I also tried to rest settings : 0 while powering on => i can't see anything resetting ....

Did someone experienced this kind of problem .. and what was the solution ?
Thanks .. :D

PS : IO'm using the last Unisoft Firmware : RD60181_V1.38.1k.bin
« Last Edit: September 10, 2024, 04:33:36 pm by Honusnap »

Online UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1289 on: September 09, 2024, 06:30:46 pm »
Then i check the voltage output of the 6018, for 3.65V selected it output 1.8V ... !!!!!
Output fuse is blown, for sure.

The following users thanked this post: myf

Offline Honusnap

• Contributor
« Reply #1290 on: September 10, 2024, 04:33:03 pm »
Output fuse is blown, for sure.
It can output 1.8V while fuse is broken ? Cause by the internal logic .. it increased voltage to meet the seleccted value then fail to "see" some amperage then fall down and cut the relay ?
Allright, i'll open and check the fuse
Edit : Mmmmm i can see 2 palces where there could have been a fuse : 2 sockets for a mini fuse : F1 and F2... they are empty. Near F1 there is a surface mounted F3 25A fuse and near F2 a F4 25A. Are those socket supposed to be populated when the near fuse is broken ?

Edit2 : Ok, F3 is dead, i will then poulate F1 with the same fuse of 25A, i checkd on the web, it's the output fuse ... make sense.

Thanks a lot for your help, will get some 1808 25A from Ali.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2024, 05:21:38 pm by Honusnap »

Online UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1291 on: September 10, 2024, 05:21:44 pm »
It can output 1.8V while fuse is broken ?
Yup... There is a signaling LED with current limit resistor that are connected in parallel with the fuse, so with connected load it will lights up (if fuse is broken).

Edit : Mmmmm i can see 2 palces where there could have been a fuse
that one which is near terminals.
input fuse is OK, otherwise module will not power on.

2 sockets for a mini fuse : F1 and F2... they are empty.
Are those socket supposed to be populated when the near fuse is broken ?
That sockets are calling "emergency"... it is max 10A

Offline Honusnap

• Contributor
« Reply #1292 on: September 11, 2024, 04:08:30 pm »
Hello,

Make sense for the 1.8V then.

Thanks for your answers, if i use emergency fuse of 10A instead of the 25A one that is dead... will i have the same functionnalities that i had before ? Or is it a "socket" limitation and i will lose output curret capabilities. Cause the 6018 is supposed to output 18A max.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2024, 04:53:44 pm by Honusnap »

Online bateau020

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1293 on: September 11, 2024, 06:21:43 pm »
those fuses are in parallel, so just stay below 10A.

Offline Honusnap

• Contributor
« Reply #1294 on: Yesterday at 04:15:35 pm »
I suppose it change nothing if they are in parallel cause one is opened, dead ... => no contact.

Edit : I've checked with Ruiden, The socket is not intended for more then 10A as Unisoft said, and is here JUST FOR TEST, the dead fuse need to be desoldered and replaced with a new 25A.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:44:12 am by Honusnap »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf