Author Topic: RuiDeng Riden RD6006 DC power supply  (Read 412111 times)

Offline Pukker

• Regular Contributor
Re: RuiDeng Riden RD6006 DC power supply
« Reply #900 on: December 27, 2021, 12:43:54 pm »
you could always extend the primary winding neatly outside (with Teflon wire) by 10 to 40 turns to change the total primary to secondary turns ratio

Nice point of view.

Offline Niwivan

« Reply #901 on: December 28, 2021, 09:36:08 pm »
Some updates...
https://mega.nz/file/9lMVha7A#KJNN_WOBqJyCZf8KIIIZF8nv3Ys86f4i8T4Eu240hYE

RD60062_V1.36.1e.bin (RD6006)
RD60065_V1.40.1e.bin (RD6006P)
RD60121_V1.34.1e.bin (RD6012)
RD60181_V1.36.1e.bin (RD6018)

Hi,
I'd like to suggest a firmware upgrade. You should be given the option to choose the background color while setting the values. Purple is ugly. See attached image. Thanks Niwivan
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 09:38:48 pm by Niwivan »

Online electr_peter

• Supporter
« Reply #902 on: December 31, 2021, 06:43:47 pm »
DPH5005 cannot startup with some external battery packs due to high momentary inrush current rd-tech-dph5005-inrush-current-problem-with-battery-pack
I saw inrush peaks of 76A with sustained current of ~17-20A for few ms. It triggers over-current protection on battery pack and disables output, thus DPH5005 almost never starts with battery pack :( High inrush also creates significant sparks which likely damages switch in RD Tech PSU case.

What is inrush current (when starting from fully off state) for DPS*, DP, DPH3205? Do you have a solution/idea for soft start circuit which fits in RD metal case?

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
« Reply #903 on: December 31, 2021, 07:30:28 pm »
A low value NTC Thermistor should suffice, and fits anywhere. That's why PC power supplies always have them.

Online electr_peter

• Supporter
« Reply #904 on: January 01, 2022, 03:11:16 pm »
A low value NTC Thermistor should suffice, and fits anywhere. That's why PC power supplies always have them.
Would 2 \$\Omega\$ 13.5A thermistor B57464S0209M000 EPCOS be suitable? Problem is, DPH5005 has input current from 30mA up to 10A (for higher output power), which would heat up NTC thermistor to high temperatures. In semi-closed metal case it could cause problems.
More advanced soft-start circuits short out thermistor with relay (thus, thermistor is cool during normal operation), but RD metal case has almost no available space left for that.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 03:43:08 pm by electr_peter »

Offline paul-home

« Reply #905 on: January 01, 2022, 06:32:32 pm »
Hi, I have an RD6012, and I have broken the positive socket off. Can anyone help with locating a replacement? I cannot find one anywhere.

Online bateau020

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #906 on: January 01, 2022, 07:26:52 pm »
Got a full set (replaced them with shrouded plugs) Can send them if you want. Free, just pay postage from France. PM me if you want.

The following users thanked this post: paul-home

Offline 999cgm

• Contributor
« Reply #907 on: January 06, 2022, 05:09:50 pm »
Hi Unisoft,

Great job , on all you did with all the custom firmware! I relaly think Riden should pay you since RD60XX users more happy then on original firmware. I do remb when I asked them to have an option to stop charge based on current and I got back "can not be done, is in hardware".

For dv/dt charging,can you also add a param to say in how many minutes is verified? I think 5mins is to long,prob depending on the exact accu that is charged. So I was thinking to have an extra option that by default is 5min and let user have control between 1min to 5min. Maybe HKJ can comment if this is a dumb ideea.

The 2nd thing is ,which I requested in the past, an option to try limit current  if voltage goes below some input voltage(set by user),which would do some sort of dumb MPPT. For example I have some small pannels that the V of MP is around 20V ,even if it varies with temp etc,is still better then how is now where volts colapses .

Offline Aivars

« Reply #908 on: January 07, 2022, 11:43:21 am »
Hello! I have problem with my RD6012P-W. It won't connect to WiFi at all. First stage went OK, but on last one, when it should connect, app shows - The distribution network failed. I tried on two different routers in different ways, no luck.

Offline Maxie

• Contributor
« Reply #909 on: January 07, 2022, 09:10:59 pm »
Hi Aivars, app as in app for a mobilephone? Iphone or droid? Or Windows, Linux?
As far as I know the app uses a broadcast technology to send your WiFi name and password encoded in the header info of those packages. It goes without saying, you must be connected to the same WiFi you are trying to connect the PS to. You need a WiFi Access Point, Ad-hoc connection is not supported. Only 2.4GHz WiFi (802.11b,g,n) works, 5GHz (802.11a,ac,ax) does not. Wireless guest isolation must not be enabled on the router.
On a PC I would also disable firewall during the configuration just in case.
If it still doesn't work and you are not a beginner PC user and have some knowledge about networks, try the Wireshark software to sniff and examine the packages, you might find what's going wrong.

Offline Maxie

• Contributor
« Reply #910 on: January 11, 2022, 06:03:50 pm »
Dear UniSoft,

Have you thought of adding ΔT/Δt functionality to the charging menu? It would be a nice addition to the charging capabilities.
There is the -dV/dT option now, which works nice, just tested today. It is basically the same code for Temp changes.
To be consistent throughout the FW, Temperature should be changed to capital "T" and time to lower case "t" everywhere.
Like CutOff Temp. , CutOff time.
Also if there is a delta "Δ" sign in the font, use it instead of the small "d". If there is not, nevermind, it's not that important.
So ΔT/Δt is the Temp rise of the pack over time, while -ΔV/Δt is the Voltage drop over time.

Another function which I really miss is the up and down arrow hold in the graphical layout.
The way it works now, I have to press the buttons many-many times to offset the graph.

Can you also fix the range limit of the graph? Now it has a fixed 1:50 ratio, so when I set Voltage division to 1V I can offset 50V.
However, setting 0.2V gives me a max offset of 10V, so I can monitor between 10-11V, but not higher. Maybe if would be possible to add more steps or make the steps wider so it would be possible to monitor small changes even on larger scales.
Same for the current display.

The Temp. graph is fine, but a lower setting like 1V/div would also be very useful.

Thanks for considering.

The following users thanked this post: UniSoft

Offline Maxie

• Contributor
« Reply #911 on: January 13, 2022, 03:18:34 am »
If anyone interested, there is new SW available on the factory site.

PC software:
   http://www.ruidengkeji.com/rdupdate/software/RidenPower/
   RidenPowerSupply_V1.0.0.12.rar

Firmware:
   http://www.ruidengkeji.com/rdupdate/firmware/
   RD60062_V1.37.bin

Only for the RD6006 model, maybe others on the way?

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #912 on: January 14, 2022, 10:31:34 pm »
Some updates...

RD60062_V1.37.1f.bin (RD6006)
RD60065_V1.40.1f.bin (RD6006P)
RD60121_V1.34.1f.bin (RD6012)
RD60181_V1.36.1f.bin (RD6018)

* Bug fixes
... Calibration menu: The rotation of the encoder in any direction worked only as increment value.
... "EN" pin of the WiFi module unexpectedly was reset (reset to LOW), and therefore the WiFi module could (should) not work, but surprisingly continued to work without any problems. Therefore, I did not see any error until I was faced with the fact that the WiFi module did not work on the RD6006P, despite the fact that the source code is the same.
... The pop-up MemHint blocked the SHIFT/MEM/I-SET/V-SET buttons (need to wait until it hides).

+ Now, Temperature designated as a capital "T", and the time as a lowercase "t". (it was opposite).
+ In the menu (except for the calibration menu), you can now use a digital keyboard to enter values. ENTER completes the input.
+ For the UP and DOWN buttons, auto-repeat is implemented. (press and hold)
+ menu "--- Power Settings ---" added new option "CC Delay Off" (to disable delay of CC right after Output Enable).
+ In options "USB Interface" and "UART Baudrate" now can choose baud rate up to 1000000.
... NOTE!!! For "USB Interface", baud rate higher than 115200 will not work!!! The speed is restricted by the isolator IC π122U31. This IC can be replaced by the faster ones: ISO7221A, ADuM1201ARZ (Both tested). Using baud rate 1000000, reading dump of the screen takes around 2 seconds.
+ Added the ability to configure WiFi module (SETUP: SSID, PASSWORD, IP) via USB interface
...... NOTE!!! To work this function you must change "UART Interface" to OFF, and disable output! WiFi module tries to (re)connect to the AP with entered SSID and Password, what (in my case) takes more than 20 seconds, and this time PSU will be freezed and no react.

* Updated RDFlasher
+ Added support for baud rates above 115200.
+ Added button "Sync Time" to synchronize time.
+ Added button "Config WiFi" (if the function is supported by firmware> = 1f).
+ Remembers the selected settings (port, speed, address, window position)

* Updated RDScreenDumper

« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 11:04:34 pm by UniSoft »

The following users thanked this post: diogoc, Pukker, ghoes, dmitrkov, ptluis, fmsat10, Messdevices

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #913 on: January 14, 2022, 10:32:42 pm »
* Updated RDScreenDumper

The following users thanked this post: diogoc, ghoes, dmitrkov, ptluis

Offline diogoc

• Contributor
« Reply #914 on: January 14, 2022, 11:45:22 pm »
Windows is blocking the download of RDScreenDumper because trojan detected.

The following users thanked this post: ghoes

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor

The following users thanked this post: ghoes, fmsat10

Offline a_ber

« Reply #916 on: January 16, 2022, 11:21:59 am »
hello,

is it possible to design the display so that the volt display has 1 decimal place but the ampere display remains at 3 decimal places?

the reason for this is that the volt display is very erratic in the rear decimals.

best regards
andreas

Offline zoro

« Reply #917 on: January 18, 2022, 05:47:19 pm »
Hi.

Does anyone know of a firmware version for the 6018 to disable the auto keypad lock when connecting via USB or wifi?

I would like to be able to still use the keypad when connected remotely to the 6018.

Thanks

Offline ShayBox

• Contributor
« Reply #918 on: January 18, 2022, 09:44:30 pm »
Does anyone know of a firmware version for the 6018 to disable the auto keypad lock when connecting via USB or wifi?
This firmware does, there's a setting for keypad lock

Offline zoro

« Reply #919 on: January 19, 2022, 06:12:18 am »
Thanks @ShayBox

I have flashed it with RD60181_V1.36.bin from an earlier post but cannot find the setting to disable the keypad lock.

Am I missing something?

Offline ShayBox

• Contributor
« Reply #920 on: January 19, 2022, 07:14:31 am »
Am I missing something?

In the Menu (Shift + 0), Gear icon (Right arrow), Go down to Communication (Down arrow), Find "Skip keys lock" and turn it on (Turn Rotary dial), then exit (Press Rotary dial)

Offline zoro

« Reply #921 on: January 19, 2022, 09:32:00 am »
So looks like I may have flashed a firmware that doesn't support the feature. I have attached a screen of the menu items I have.

I wonder if it would be safe to flash the 6006 firmware over to my 6018.

Offline zoro

« Reply #922 on: January 19, 2022, 09:35:34 am »
Never mind. I am a chop. I never flashed the 1f version over.

It is working. Thank you :-)

So looks like I may have flashed a firmware that doesn't support the feature. I have attached a screen of the menu items I have.

I wonder if it would be safe to flash the 6006 firmware over to my 6018.

Offline GeminiServer

« Reply #923 on: January 21, 2022, 02:55:58 pm »
Some updates...
+ Added the ability to configure WiFi module (SETUP: SSID, PASSWORD, IP) via USB interface
...... NOTE!!! To work this function you must change "UART Interface" to OFF, and disable output! WiFi module tries to (re)connect to the AP with entered SSID and Password, what (in my case) takes more than 20 seconds, and this time PSU will be freezed and no react.

You are a genius!  :-+ :-+ :-+

Working perfect for me.
Thank you very much for this Feature.   

Offline ShayBox

• Contributor
« Reply #924 on: January 22, 2022, 06:41:58 am »
I've noticed from using my 6018 24/7 that sometimes it crashes, the UI freezes and no buttons work, not even power, it'll just get stuck and need the rear power switch turned off. 
This has happened after less than a day, or over a week

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf