Author Topic: RuiDeng Riden RD6006 DC power supply  (Read 418528 times)

Offline Wanderling

Re: RuiDeng Riden RD6006 DC power supply
« Reply #525 on: January 14, 2021, 11:42:18 am »
Haha! Oops! Sorry about that. Thanks for the catch! Thought I looked at everything.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 11:50:36 am by Wanderling »

Offline sotos

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #526 on: January 14, 2021, 04:22:26 pm »
Everything is beautiful and well done. I would like to know if there is a possibility to change the date display like day-month- year as some countries work like this.

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #527 on: January 14, 2021, 04:47:12 pm »
I would like to know if there is a possibility to change the date display like day-month- year as some countries work like this.

Offline sotos

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #528 on: January 14, 2021, 05:01:59 pm »
The model I mention is RD6006W with Firmware RD60062_V1.32.12c.
I saw it, it’s not here. The only one are change date and hour , not the format.

Offline AaronR

• Contributor
« Reply #529 on: January 14, 2021, 10:25:44 pm »
The model I mention is RD6006W with Firmware RD60062_V1.32.12c.
I saw it, it’s not here. The only one are change date and hour , not the format.
The firmware everyone here is discussing for your RD6006W is RD60061_V1.32.13k.zip
If your not using this firmware I have no idea what your display will do.

Offline AaronR

• Contributor
« Reply #530 on: January 14, 2021, 11:29:56 pm »
can the 6018 set 1mA steps?
cannot, due to hardware limitations.

I'm not really familiar with any of this but could I use putty to communicate directly usb serial converter to the WiFi card tx/rx ports?
Yes can use putty...
But what exactly you want to do?
When you configure WiFi using phone, WiFi module is already save AP SSID and password inside internal flash.
AT+CWJAP_DEF just will do the same, over AT command.

If I only had to do all of this once it would be no issue but the RD6018W doesn't remember any WiFi settings, they start from scratch on every start up.
RD6018 saves only server IP (SSID and password saved inside WiFi module during configuration and do not figure out during RD60xx<->WIFI module communication).
In you case, your PC probably get different dynamic IP, and therefore RD60xx cannot establish connection with your PC.
The only thing I'm trying to accomplish is to make the RD60xx work with WiFi and the desktop software.
As it is now it is pretty much useless for the end user, it's broken badly the way it exists at this point.
The WiFi adapter works ONLY for the phone app, unless you go through a bunch of bizarre convoluted steps to make it work, then it all goes away when you power the RD60xx off.
UniSoft  RuiDeng admits themselves that the desktop software isn't ready yet!
If you can figure out how to make the desktop software work properly it would be much appreciated.                       

I wish I had the ability to easily experiment with these settings.
Code: [Select]
// Sets the Default Wi-Fi mode; Configuration Saved in the Flash (WiFi module)
    //    1: Station mode
    //    2: SoftAP mode
    //    3: SoftAP+Station mode
    // Note: The configuration changes will be saved in the system parameter area in the flash (WiFi module).
    send("AT+CWMODE_DEF=1\r\n");

// Auto-Connects to the AP or Not
    //    0: does NOT auto-connect to AP on power-up.
    //    1: connects to AP automatically on power-up.
    // Note: The configuration changes will be saved in the system parameter area in the flash (WiFi module).
    send("AT+CWAUTOCONN=1\r\n");
The thing that makes it frustrating is that it's relatively easy to connect with an android going through the same WiFi router that the desktop is wired to they're all happily existing on the LAN I just want the desktop to be able to join the party without being stopped at the door of the WiFi chip.
This is something I saw in another forum.
BTW, you seem to be thinking of the ESP only as a network-attached device, Don't forget that it has a SoftAP interface, and it can serve its own network. Within that network, it's the ESP who is both the DNS and DHCP server. This case must also be taken into account.
My router assigns a DHCP address to the Riden and it shows right there in the DHCP table but it doesn't appear in the active client list, this is while the android phone is connected to the riden in it's own apk, the android is in both the DHCP table list and the active client list.
I'm suspecting it may have something to do with this issue.
I'm just grasping at straws here sorry.-
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 06:00:56 am by AaronR »

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #531 on: January 15, 2021, 07:29:32 am »
...this is while the android phone is connected to the riden in it's own apk...
opposite... RD connected to the phone/PC... RD is a client, phone/PC is a server.

The following users thanked this post: AaronR

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #532 on: January 15, 2021, 07:31:30 am »
Any news on the latest upcoming hybrid switching+linear post regulator model ?

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #533 on: January 15, 2021, 07:51:13 am »
It is already available for pre-sale order...
I ordered at the end of december, but still didn't get it yet (that time it was a discount, the price was even cheaper than RD6006).
When I get it, I will post here some screenshots and some tests.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #534 on: January 15, 2021, 08:39:40 am »
It is already available for pre-sale order...
I ordered at the end of december, but still didn't get it yet (that time it was a discount, the price was even cheaper than RD6006).
When I get it, I will post here some screenshots and some tests.

Great  :clap:, please, do a close up shot photos on the board, or better side by side comparison, especially at the output linear part in details, some experts here may jump in to comment, hopefully.

Also if its not too trouble some, please do comparisons at the unloaded and loaded ripple and switching noise residue , if its "good enough", I might jump in to join this Ruideng's camp.  :palm:

TIA

PS : Also I'm suggesting to start a new thread on it, instead of this one, as its different animal.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 12:32:24 pm by BravoV »

The following users thanked this post: Cliff Matthews

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
« Reply #535 on: January 15, 2021, 12:30:04 pm »
PS : Also I'm suggesting to start a new thread on it, instead of this one, as its different animal.
Yes, high time UniSoft owns a thread in TestGear, where it's convenient to update the 1st post with all his current efforts  :-+

PS: I suspect this power supply will gain much favor when Dave updates his aging $300 test bench series.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #536 on: January 15, 2021, 01:30:02 pm »
Yes, high time UniSoft owns a thread in TestGear, where it's convenient to update the 1st post with all his current efforts  :-+

Yep, to be honest, UniSoft's great work in this thread is so scattered that its not new owner friendly that wants to flash their with custom firmware.

With his own thread, it will be much better as an ideal reference thread on this custom firmware.  :-+

The following users thanked this post: Cliff Matthews

Offline AaronR

• Contributor
« Reply #537 on: January 15, 2021, 05:14:10 pm »
...this is while the android phone is connected to the riden in it's own apk...
opposite... RD connected to the phone/PC... RD is a client, phone/PC is a server.
And it's still broken for connecting to a PC.
Is there any chance you will look into it or will we have to hope Riden will fix?

Offline bateau020

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #538 on: January 15, 2021, 05:51:17 pm »
The wifi connection is only to allow the RD to send metrics to the IP address via the Modbus protocol, and to accept remote control via modbus over that same connection. It is the RD that initiates the connection to the remote controller.

One way to get a PC be that remote controller is to do it with the help of a mobile phone and DHCP address reservation:
  • determine an IP address that later will be used by your PC.
  • switch off the PC or move it to another IP address
  • on your DHCP controller (in your Wifi AP or router) use MAC address reservation to set your mobile phone's MAC address to that chosen IP address
  • make sure your mobile phone has that IP address (reboot, whatever)
  • reset the IP address info on your RD (at startup, when it shows the IP address, press left arrow (RESET highlights) then enter)
  • do a clean IP address configuration of the RD via the mobile app
  • then change the MAC address reservation, to set your mobile phone to something else, and use your PCs MAC address to use that previously designated IP address
  • make sure your mobile phone no longer has that IP address (reboot, whatever), and your PC now has that IP address (reboot, whatever)
  • then you can run the programs that communicate with the RD on your PC.

Yes, terribly complicated. But doable. And by the way, you need to do it every time your IP address changes. So fix your IP address.
And yes, it would be so much easier to do it via a setting on the RD. But no, that is not possible (yet???)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 05:42:59 am by bateau020 »

Offline AaronR

• Contributor
« Reply #539 on: January 15, 2021, 05:59:41 pm »
The wifi connection is only to allow the RD to send metrics to the IP address via the Modbus protocol, and to accept remote control via modbus over that same connection. It is the RD that initiates the connection to the remote controller.

One way to get a PC be that remote controller is to do it with the help of a mobile phone and DHCP address reservation:
  • determine an IP address that later will be used by your PC.
  • switch off the PC or move it to another IP address
  • on your DHCP controller (in your Wifi AP or router) use MAC address reservation to set your mobile phone's MAC address to that chosen IP address
  • make sure your mobile phone has that IP address (reboot, whatever)
  • reset the IP address info on your RD (forgot how to do that, but it is in the manual somewhere)
  • do a clean IP address configuration of the RD via the mobile app
  • then change the MAC address reservation, to set you mobile phone to something else, and use your PCs MAC address to use that previously designated IP address
  • make sure your mobile phone no longer has that IP address (reboot, whatever), and your PC has that IP address (reboot, whatever)
  • then you can run the programs that communicate with the RD on your PC.

Yes, terribly complicated. But doable.
And yes, it would be so much easier to do it via a setting on the RD. But no, that is not possible (yet???)
This Cannot be done.
5.reset the IP address info on your RD (forgot how to do that, but it is in the manual somewhere)

I did assign a static address but every time the RD60xx is powered down it looses the connection and you have to do all that crap again.
Yes I posted a few post ago that I can connect the desk top using that method but obviously that is a crazy bunch of hoops to jump through.
I'm just trying to find out it the plan is to do nothing about it then I won't waste the couple of bucks for another WiFi module if I order a 6024.
I will try mac address reservation and see if it sticks, thank you again for the help.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 05:26:22 am by AaronR »

Offline AaronR

• Contributor
« Reply #540 on: January 17, 2021, 12:03:23 am »
None of that works because when you change the phone IP the RD60xx will no longer connect to the phone, so that method is a lost cause. I've decided to just remove the WiFi card as I won't have any use for a phone operated power supply.
My only choice is to run a cable to the RD60xx that sucks because of the placement of the plug making using the ground lug a hazard lol.
what the heck I was expecting way too much from this cheap supply.
Sorry for wasting your time.
The 60xx seems to be locked to the first IP it ever logs onto.
I can find no way to get that to change.
I tried power on while pushing #0, but on boot up it shows the same IP it first logged onto never changes.
It's been written to the WiFi module but without hooking up serial I can't change it from the RD60xx!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 05:24:03 am by AaronR »

The following users thanked this post: MaxPi

Offline bateau020

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #541 on: January 17, 2021, 05:42:22 am »
Found again how to reset the IP address:
at startup, when it shows the IP address, press left arrow (RESET highlights) then enter. It is in the original manual.
By the way, I edited the procedure above to reflect  that, so people will not have to look all over and glue stuff together. This thread is already a fine example of that.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 06:04:50 am by bateau020 »

Offline AaronR

• Contributor
« Reply #542 on: January 17, 2021, 06:14:21 am »
Found again how to reset the IP address:
at startup, when it shows the IP address, press left arrow (RESET highlights) then enter. It is in the original manual.
By the way, I edited the procedure above to reflect  that, so people will not have to look all over and glue stuff together. This thread is already a fine example of that.
Trying it now, thank you.
So I'm finally able to get the RD60xx to connect with a new IP to the desktop. I can now get excel files from that easily.
Of course because of the broken method of connecting I can no longer access the RD60XX from the Android apk.
Now if we can get the desktop software fixed up a little so the graph screen has both current and voltage scales like the android Apk, But I'm not holding my breath.

It's far easier to find a youngster to write an android apk then one who can program C++ or whatever.
I think if they get this WiFi and the Desktop software sorted they will have a viable bench supply that any shop will be proud to have.
Until then, for me this is simply a hobbyist novelty :-(
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 06:23:21 pm by AaronR »

Offline iXod

• Frequent Contributor
Constant Current mode?
« Reply #543 on: January 18, 2021, 01:21:30 am »
The Riden RD6006 series ps controllers out of the box default to CV mode. I can’t find in the very brief manual download how to get to CC mode.

A clue would be happily received.

Thanks.

Offline AaronR

• Contributor
Re: Constant Current mode?
« Reply #544 on: January 18, 2021, 02:06:14 am »
The Riden RD6006 series ps controllers out of the box default to CV mode. I can’t find in the very brief manual download how to get to CC mode.

A clue would be happily received.

Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1V0l6P1sIJilN1yBOsTO9YGLVdkuO0cX9
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 02:09:51 am by AaronR »

Offline iXod

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #545 on: January 18, 2021, 03:40:58 am »
I didn’t say I couldn’t find the manual. I said I couldn’t find any mention in the manual of how to enable CC mode.

Online ledtester

• Super Contributor
« Reply #546 on: January 18, 2021, 04:02:04 am »
You set the CV and CC set points and the supply will enter CC mode if the current draw of your application is greater than the CC set point.

A "constant current supply" is really a "current limiting supply" -- it will limit the current if it exceeds a threshold.

The following users thanked this post: iXod, AaronR

Offline AaronR

• Contributor
« Reply #547 on: January 18, 2021, 05:23:51 am »
I didn’t say I couldn’t find the manual. I said I couldn’t find any mention in the manual of how to enable CC mode.
It was explained in the other post you made about the exact same subject. Perhaps if it's not obvious how to use it as a constant current source you might want to google constant current so you have a fundamental understanding of the term. Once you have done that it will be obvious how to use it in the constant current mode simply by using the front panel controls. Sorry I can't help you any further. OOp's didn't see the post after yours, I'm glad you liked that answer it's the exact same answer posted in the other thread you have going about the same thing.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 05:26:45 am by AaronR »

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #548 on: January 18, 2021, 07:56:45 am »
Complementing above explanation on CC and CV mode.

Both are always standby until the load reached set point by max voltage and/or max current allowed.

But why when you start powered on the PSU is on CV mode ? Not in CC mode ?

That is because "most of the times" the load is not connected or turned off, hence the PS in CV mode is on as almost no current consumed, or even the load is on, its still under max current set, and CC mode is off by nature in that condition.

Just try hook up a piece of thick wire to short circuit the PS output, yes, its safe for the PS as long you're watching and attending it as that wire may get hot or turns red.  >:D

And possibly catch fire too if left for too long.  :scared:

That is a crude way to test a PSU which has CC mode, and its perfectly safe for the PSU, although not for your house/table if the load/poor wire catch fire.  :-DD

Watch the PS with that condition, it will instantly switched into CC mode as the load suck current like hell until it reached max current set point , and as the load is really low resistance (aka short circuit), also watch the voltage as it will drop like a rock, no matter how high you set, hence in that situation, CV mode is off and CC mode kicks in.

These are fundamentals of Ohm law Volt = Current x Resistance (load) , suggesting to learn and understand it, and your question will become irrelevant.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 08:02:22 am by BravoV »

Offline 999cgm

• Contributor
« Reply #549 on: January 19, 2021, 11:35:35 am »
Hi,

I wanted to confirm flashing UniSoft (super work!!) firmware  from linux  works with https://github.com/tjko/riden-flashtool for my rd60062 (btw the file was named rd60061_V1_etc which was a little confusing).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf