Author Topic: Rigol DS2000 , failures and RMA reports  (Read 3266 times)

Offline TeneyesTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Rigol DS2000 , failures and RMA reports
« on: December 15, 2013, 11:52:35 am »
Hello All Rigol Owners, this Blog is for owners who have had failures of their DS2000 and
Rigol has issued a RMA.
For me I have had 2 failures:.
1. Some of My DSO front panel push button failed and Rigol sent me a different repaired DS2000, they reported a circuit board had burn traces and a replacement board would take months ( high demand at that time.)

2. After hearing of heatsink retaining clips coming lose, I shook my DSO and the clips were rattling inside, I fished them out and sent the DSO to Rigol, it was a quick return only 2 days at Rigol and Rigol paid shipping both ways. Excellent service.
Note the tool in the picture. I think manufacturing has corrected this flaw.

It would nice to hear of other problems owners have had
IiIiIiIiIi  --  curiosity killed the cat but, satisfaction brought it back

Offline Marc M.

• Regular Contributor
Re: Rigol DS2000 , failures and RMA reports
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 08:13:46 am »
I posted about an issue with my DS2072 in late November which is causing spurious garbage on both channels with nothing connected to the inputs. OP is here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-ds2072-is-dying!!  Since that posting the problem has degenerated to the point I can't get it to clear up even after an hour of being powered up :-BROKE

I initially contacted TEquipment on Dec.10th regarding the issue.  I received a reply back the following day indicating warranty issues were handled by Rigol NA and provided contact info.

I e-mailed Rigol NA thru their website on Dec. 11th explaining the issue.  I received a reply the next day from Rigol NA requesting some additional information, primarily the S/N of the defective unit.  This was sent to Rigol on the following day Dec. 13th.  At this time I also asked about Rigol picking up the shipping both ways as they did not offer to pay it.

I received the RMA number from Rigol NA on Dec. 16th.  They explained that Rigol only offers to pay all shipping within 30 days from date of purchase but made an exception and also sent a return shipping label via FedEx :-+.

I've got car issues this week so I won't get it shipped out until next week.  I'll update this when I get it back.
Don't replace the cap, just empty the filter!

Offline savageautomate

• Supporter
  • Technology Entrepreneur, Consultant, Enthusiast
    • Savage Home Automation (Blog)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 03:50:50 pm »
I just notice the heatsink clip rattling around in my DS2072.  I have contacted Rigol support for RMA.  I'll report back my support experience.

Offline savageautomate

• Supporter
  • Technology Entrepreneur, Consultant, Enthusiast
    • Savage Home Automation (Blog)
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 08:36:55 pm »
Status update ... Unit sent in for RMA repair.  Rigol would not pay for shipment to their repair center.   Hopefully it comes back in one piece.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf