Author Topic: Electronica show in Munich, Coming, coming! What are you expecting?  (Read 11518 times)

Offline Warhawk

• Frequent Contributor
    • Personal resume
Re: Electronica show in Munich, Coming, coming! What are you expecting?
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2014, 01:24:39 pm »
First person to find Chris Gammell in the wild and posts an unflattering photo of him wins a new design uRuler!
Challenge accepted !

Offline quarros

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2014, 08:55:28 am »
I don't know how it was for everyone else. But for me it was a BLAST! Sign me up for 2016 Nov 8-11  :-+

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2014, 01:48:28 pm »
I just came back from Munich and had two full days at the show and it was really impressive this time, because I found everything that I was looking for and more. It seems to me that the quality of the show has increased. I ended up with 4 bags full of stuff.

It was a little disappointing, that Keithley just had a "small table" on the large Tektronix booth and the guy I was talking too, did not even know that a new Model 2460 SMU was already released.

BK-Precision showed their new DC Load, that was also impressive. And Aaronia showed low cost spectrum analyzers, hooked up to huge TV screens, probably the biggest SA screen I have ever seen.

I will definitely go again in 2016.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline aat24

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2014, 06:08:43 pm »
@Rubi Han:

We added Micsig to our list of oscilloscope manufacturers on:
http://oscopes.info/market/3-oscilloscopes-products-and-suppliers

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2014, 06:26:01 pm »
Did anyone get any video of the tablet scope?
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline Warhawk

• Frequent Contributor
    • Personal resume
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2014, 09:47:48 pm »
This topic should have gone into "General Chat" instead, I think...

Well, I did not expect  much from Electronica so I am not disappointed but I am not stoked either. I am not a flyers, pencils and promo gifts picker*  so whole fair had maybe a different effect on me. We had only one day so we skipped nearly all Shenzen exhibitors, above that our company has a specific list with reputable suppliers only so it would be a waste of time anyway...
Everything else was somehow OK but I expected more from companies like TI, ON semi, Freescale or ADI. I don't know what was it but anyway...

I enjoyed the passive components hall (Würth, Murata) and Lecroy + Tektronix.

I think I had enough for next couple years. It was great to see it and it is probably great for small companies which can establish a business directly with Asian companies but It had zero effect on my professional experience, I am afraid.

* I simply hate this bunch of idiots taking everything only because it's for free. Then you can see bags of flyers and brochures forgotten close to a nearest trash bin. I am not a "green nazi" but this is pure madness... just sayin'

Offline quarros

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2014, 12:32:41 am »
This topic should have gone into "General Chat" instead, I think...

Well, I did not expect  much from Electronica so I am not disappointed but I am not stoked either. I am not a flyers, pencils and promo gifts picker*  so whole fair had maybe a different effect on me. We had only one day so we skipped nearly all Shenzen exhibitors, above that our company has a specific list with reputable suppliers only so it would be a waste of time anyway...
Everything else was somehow OK but I expected more from companies like TI, ON semi, Freescale or ADI. I don't know what was it but anyway...

I enjoyed the passive components hall (Würth, Murata) and Lecroy + Tektronix.

I think I had enough for next couple years. It was great to see it and it is probably great for small companies which can establish a business directly with Asian companies but It had zero effect on my professional experience, I am afraid.

* I simply hate this bunch of idiots taking everything only because it's for free. Then you can see bags of flyers and brochures forgotten close to a nearest trash bin. I am not a "green nazi" but this is pure madness... just sayin'

One day is waaay to little time to find and see the real interesting stuff. I was there 3 days and still wished for the fourth. For example while my friend was talking to the guys at ChipOneExchange I went to the next stand: Linear Technology and found out about their LTPoE++ which is power over Ethernet that can provide up to 90W and safe to use on an existing network because it checks the drawn current so it wont fry other devices. Granted this technology is 3 years old but I wouldn't have find out about it otherwise.
(One can not keep up with every advancements in technology) So in my opinion events like these can have real impact on one's professional career, and I'm sad that you did not find anything that helped you, even a little.  :'(

I totally agree with you on your side-note. Although I did not see it happening this time. (But maybe I was too focused on the stands)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf