Author Topic: Rigol DS1074Z-S / DS1104Z-S Signal Generator Daughterboard  (Read 21119 times)

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
Re: Rigol DS1074Z-S / DS1104Z-S Signal Generator Daughterboard
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2015, 10:42:09 pm »
If you look at this photo at full resolution
http://kbobs.org/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/MSO1074Z-S_008.JPG

you can see what looks like 3 groups of 3 traces.  now it could be a trick of light but so could the other image making it look like a differential pair. 

No, those are definitely pairs.

Offline remixed123

• Regular Contributor
    • Github
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2015, 01:07:15 am »
      I just bought a DS1074z-S mainly because I need the Signal Generator to test ADCs. But I cannot get it to work, it should be simple.

These are the steps I performed

• Press Source button.
      • Press Output button (top right function button) to turn on output
      • Press Src1Conf (second from the top function button) to configure out put
      • Change Frequencey to 1Hz
      • Change (leave) Amplitude to 1.000v

But no signal is being sent!

I have tested both with my ADC inputs and a Multimeter that detects frequency. The display is also showing what is being input rather than a Sine wave that should be outputted.....even though I have set to output and it is on.

Can any of you fellow DS1074z-S owners tell me if there is any trick to this?

Do I have a faulty signal output on my scope or am I missing something?

EDIT: Researching further it seems to think it is a DS1074Z and not a DS1074Z-S.....this might be a firmware issue....as it does have the Source button on the front

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 03:19:30 am by remixed123 »
LightServer - Mobile App controlled, Wi-Fi enabled RGB lighting with music synchronized effects and much more -  https://www.hackster.io/remixed123/lightserver/

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2015, 07:50:22 am »
      I just bought a DS1074z-S mainly because I need the Signal Generator to test ADCs. But I cannot get it to work, it should be simple.

These are the steps I performed

• Press Source button.
      • Press Output button (top right function button) to turn on output
      • Press Src1Conf (second from the top function button) to configure out put
      • Change Frequencey to 1Hz
      • Change (leave) Amplitude to 1.000v

But no signal is being sent!

I have tested both with my ADC inputs and a Multimeter that detects frequency. The display is also showing what is being input rather than a Sine wave that should be outputted.....even though I have set to output and it is on.

Can any of you fellow DS1074z-S owners tell me if there is any trick to this?

Do I have a faulty signal output on my scope or am I missing something?

EDIT: Researching further it seems to think it is a DS1074Z and not a DS1074Z-S.....this might be a firmware issue....as it does have the Source button on the front

That should be all you need to get some output. Have you tried the second channel?

The unit I have does not show "-S" on the system info either.

I would take the opportunity to update your firmware though, 4.00 is quite old.

It may be something as simple as the coax connector inside from the AWG board to the BNC coming adrift. The internal coax lines on mine for the AWG are at about their length limit, there is almost no slack.

Offline remixed123

• Regular Contributor
    • Github
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2015, 07:56:30 am »
Thanks. I have updated the firmware, Rigol was very quick at getting that to me, still no difference. And yes, I have tried the second channel also.

Ok, good know the -S shouldn't be there....so yes, it is now looking like a hardware related issue.

I wonder how it switches to output mode, as it stays in input mode no matter what I do, even thought the Source light is on an the software tells me that output is on.

It does have a seal for warrenty, so i am not going to open my self in case it is something more serious. Looks like I need to talk to the people I got the scope from.

LightServer - Mobile App controlled, Wi-Fi enabled RGB lighting with music synchronized effects and much more -  https://www.hackster.io/remixed123/lightserver/

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2015, 08:10:33 am »
Thanks. I have updated the firmware, Rigol was very quick at getting that to me, still no difference. And yes, I have tried the second channel also.

Ok, good know the -S shouldn't be there....so yes, it is now looking like a hardware related issue.

I wonder how it switches to output mode, as it stays in input mode no matter what I do, even thought the Source light is on an the software tells me that output is on.

It does have a seal for warrenty, so i am not going to open my self in case it is something more serious. Looks like I need to talk to the people I got the scope from.

What do you mean input mode? The source connectors are always outputs, and their activation or lack thereof has no effect on the input channels.

Offline remixed123

• Regular Contributor
    • Github
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2015, 08:36:30 am »
Hi Monkeh, that's it....my stupidity, I had assumed the inputs would switch to outputs, but the Source output connectors are on the back of the scope! I did RTFM, but too late at night.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf