Author Topic: Powertron 5900  (Read 835 times)

Offline LeuamsTopic starter

• Contributor
Powertron 5900
« on: May 13, 2020, 11:10:04 pm »
I'm looking for more information on the Powertron 5900 high power general purpose audio generator: http://industrialtest.com/dedicated%20ac%20power%20sources.htm

I contacted the manufacture and was able to get a service manual but it was lacking a full schematic that would be helpful for me. We use one of these units at work and I am looking to not only repair the one we have but hopefully make a better one that doesn't drift as much as the current one and has better controls. I see it is essentially a class AB amplifier and a transformer but not having much experience with amplifier design I was hoping to have something to use as a starting point.

Also maybe someone has a suggestion for a newer piece of equipment then this but I didn't have much luck with my search. I don't think I can go into much detail about what product we test using this equipment but it has to have similar power capabilities as the Powertron 5900.

Thanks,

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Re: Powertron 5900
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 02:24:34 pm »
I would re ask the manufacturer for a service manual under an non disclosure agreement,  maybe they would sent you an complete SM ?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf