Author Topic: Anyone played with newer UNI-T scopes?  (Read 6043 times)

Offline alexwhittemoreTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Anyone played with newer UNI-T scopes?
« on: July 11, 2011, 05:41:20 pm »
A few months back I started saving to get myself a DS1052E for my birthday. Well, the $400 is here, so I'm about ready to buy, but I'm just looking over the available products to be sure before I do. It looks like uni-trend has a few scopes in the exact same range as the rigol, and I'm wondering if anyone's played with them. Specifically they have the UTD2102CE, which can be had for the same $350-400 on ebay, but they also have a slight variant, the UTD2102CEL. It looks like that second one is almost identical, but with a nice big 7" LCD instead of the square 5" of the first. Has anyone played with these UNI-T scopes? If it's almost the same in spec as the rigol, doesn't require modding, and has a bigger LCD, I'm seriously considering it, but I'd like to see if anyone has opinions first. I know their DMMs are generally well-regarded, and I think lots of others rebrand them, but experience is key.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: Anyone played with newer UNI-T scopes?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 06:10:00 pm »
...my birthday. Well, the $400 is here, so I'm about ready to buy...
search eevblog carefully. i'm out of gas.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline alexwhittemoreTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 06:12:57 pm »
couldn't find anything with the search box, any links jump to mind?

EDIT Wh....? Looks like I found the threads with some other search terms. Oh well.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:14:47 pm by alexwhittemore »

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 07:00:47 pm »
UNI-T UTD2102CEL vs. Rigol DS1102E?
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1331.0
consider ATTEN ADS1102CML oscilloscope
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3648
but non the owners have returned with positive result.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Online IanJ

• Supporter
  • Full time EE & Youtuber
    • IanJohnston.com
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 08:50:40 am »
Hi,

I have the UTD2102CEL, but can't compare with the Rigol as I've never played with one.

Ian.
Ian Johnston - Original designer of the PDVS2mini || Author of the free WinGPIB app.
Website - www.ianjohnston.com
YT Channel (electronics repairs & projects): www.youtube.com/user/IanScottJohnston, Twitter (X): https://twitter.com/IanSJohnston

Offline patb

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 10:49:59 am »
You might also take a look here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4124.0 (esp. tinhead's post) if you are looking for alternatives to Rigol.

Offline shadowless

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 02:27:21 pm »
Check out Instek Gds-1062a if you want better warranty.

Offline hisense999

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 03:29:08 pm »
I suggest to not try experiments and buy RIGOL - is well confirmed specification with happy customers, just with other scopes you cannot be sure about how specification match real life, I wasted a lot of time with Hantek DSO1060 thinking I have super powerfull 60MHz osciloscope till I got RIGOL and then I have comparision after which this Hantek can take place only on trash. LCD size is not criteria for choose osciloscope, rigol size is enought.

50MHz or 100MHz in real life of hobbysts is really hard to reach even 40MHz so this is also not a good criteria.

Also I'm always curious who copy who or who selling to who cuz all this Chinese scopes operating system looks similiar also design and specification.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf