Author Topic: Siglent 1032X How do I connect to my PC?  (Read 1793 times)

Offline NickpgaTopic starter

Siglent 1032X How do I connect to my PC?
« on: February 15, 2021, 09:55:06 pm »
Pretty much the title. There has been a lot of discussions on this device, so I will point what I really am trying to ask. (And if it has been answered in all the technical discussions, please point me to it! I cannot find it.)

_    In general, how do I interface with "test equipment" (oscilloscopes, function gens, etc.)

I have tried contacting Siglent with no luck via email and phone and "googling" has lead me to National Instruments software which did not work since I have no idea what I was doing and am pretty sure there were no "free" versions.

Just to make sure I am not "asking Y instead of X"...

_    My motivation to do this is to log some data from the counter utility in the Siglent 1032X to make a response frequency versus voltage graph for a VCO I have on my
_    breadboard.

Thanks for your time.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent 1032X How do I connect to my PC?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 10:15:33 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Sure I can help guide you to get a PC connection to use EasyWaveX or some other SW but first an important question:

What Siglent office exactly have you failed to make contact with and what date did you send your questions for their support ?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 10:54:39 pm »
Hello,

First, the timeline is a bit discontinuous. In short, only today have I tried reaching out to Siglent (email and phone). I called the toll free number for the North American Region.
I will admit this is impatient. Even more so due to the weather (DFW is hit really badly with a winter storm!).

Thanks.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 11:17:45 pm »
Hello,

First, the timeline is a bit discontinuous. In short, only today have I tried reaching out to Siglent (email and phone). I called the toll free number for the North American Region.
I will admit this is impatient. Even more so due to the weather (DFW is hit really badly with a winter storm!).

Thanks.
OK, maybe you called after office hours or they are yet to get back to you due to some heavy work load.

SDG****X models have USB and LAN connectivity but for a Windows based PC you need to install the NIVISA Runtime package for the correct connectivity drivers.
The EasyWaveX install instructions describe the install process and also have a link to the NIVISA Runtime package on P5.
https://siglentna.com/download/16850/

One trap is to connect a SDG****X via USB before installing the 2 parts of the SW as Windows thinks it knows best and can install the incorrect USB driver and if so you need correct this before a successful USB connection can be made. Attached is a small doc I wrote to help guide to get the correct driver in the right place.

If EasyWaveX does not offer the functionality you need there is also a selection of drivers for other SW packages here:
https://siglentna.com/service-and-support/firmware-software/waveform-generators/#sdg1000x-series

Other SW packages are available from forum members for LAN remote control like this one from HKJ:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/program-that-can-log-from-many-multimeters/
Click on the globe in his profile to access his website for SW download.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

The following users thanked this post: Nickpga

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 11:28:46 pm »
Thank you! I will put a reply with how everything goes for me for others that read this thread.

The following users thanked this post: tautech

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 08:54:11 pm »
EasyWaveX was very easy to started. I did not have driver issues despite plugging in my Windows laptop into my Siglent oscilloscope and function generator. However, the functionality is limited (but convenient!).

Siglent responded today pointing out that the software in the function generator does not support data gathering for the counter input. Unfortunate imo.
However, I recently learned of a noncommercial and non-academic package for LabVIEW. I will be attempting to use this free version of LabVIEW for my hobby projects.

Thanks again for your help!

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 08:58:03 pm »
There is a set of SCPI commands to access counter measurements in the Programming manual:
https://siglentna.com/wp-content/uploads/dlm_uploads/2019/12/SDG_Programming-Guide_PG02-E04A.pdf
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf