Author Topic: Programming the Analog Discovery (3)  (Read 595 times)

Offline luky315Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Programming the Analog Discovery (3)
« on: January 05, 2024, 01:04:36 pm »
I have a basic question regarding the Analog Discovery: I'm using it as a scope and also a frequency generator and I'm very happy with the performance and the price. But for a different project (ATE for burning in a small batch of measurement devices) i need a few things that in principle the Analog Discovery is capable of, but I don't know the "easiest" way to access it:
First I need a clock signal that is syncronized to the ADC sampling clock (125MHz if I'm not mistaken). Preferably it would be divided by 16 or 32 (should be in the range of a few MHz) but that can be done externally.
Then i need a ramp from 0 up until an input becomes high (<2.8V). The ramp speed is not that critical, i have a delay of 50µs from the input of the DUT to the digital output of the DUT so a higher speed is not desiderable anyways.
Then I need to set 12 digital IOs to the new state for the next cycle, get an average value of the ADC measurements and the DAC value on which the input switched.
Then the cycle should start again with the ramp starting at 0V.
So my question is if and how can I program or control the Analog Discovery to make such measurements?

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Programming the Analog Discovery (3)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 09:42:36 pm »
Hello,

Perhaps the forum
https://forum.digilentinc.com/
can help.

Best regards
egonotto

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf