Author Topic: Rigol DL3021A current failing to load consistently in battery mode.  (Read 1630 times)

Offline hilltop77Topic starter

Anyone else have an issue when in battery mode the current will not load. I set the current to 1 amp and when pressing the load on off button it is a crap shoot if it will actually load the device. When it fails to load it does load slightly, and it is always .0159 ma. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It seems to load consistently in regular CC mode so I don't think there is a fault with the hardware as far as I can tell. It is brand new and running the latest firmware 1.04. Any one that has one of theses can you please let me know if this happens on your unit.  |O

Thanks
Kevin

« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 02:00:12 pm by hilltop77 »

The following users thanked this post: stewart.nz

Offline hilltop77Topic starter

Re: Rigol DL3021A current failing to load consistently in battery mode.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 07:59:31 pm »
I spoke with Rigol. They can repeat the issue as well at their facility. It is a bug in the Firmware 1.0.4. Hopefully they will fix this asap. I rolled back to 1.02 and it seems ok now but missing out on the newer updates.

The following users thanked this post: Kean, stewart.nz

Offline stewart.nz

Hi, same problem with 1.05, there is meant to be a patch coming out soon, v1.05.01,

Check out this video for my work around...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Db1wLAYaVni9TiMi7

regards
Stewart
ZL4DC

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter
Tested Rigol DL3021A unit with 12.5V 2A DC supply and 1.1 A load current in battery app mode. ON/OFF gives either 1.1 A or 0.0149 A load current - result is random, more times gives correct 1.1 A value. Incorrect load is always the same, 0.0149 A. Final load current is stable, but 0.0149 A goes back to full 1.1 A if current setting is changed by minimal increment as shown in @stewart.nz's video above.
Not sure why that happens, did not check in more detail with scope.
It is clearly a bug and needs fixing.

SW ver. 00.01.05; FPGA ver. 01.02; boot ver. 01.011

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf