Author Topic: Cheap, not Chinese, Voltage reference for DIY meter calibration  (Read 2398 times)

Offline dazz1Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Cheap, not Chinese, Voltage reference for DIY meter calibration
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2024, 01:49:39 am »
With respect to the 68F label, it means the unit was calibrated at that temperature, meaning 20C.

Please excuse my poor attempt at sarcasm.
Dazz

Over Engineering: Why make something simple when you can make it really complicated AND get it to work?

The following users thanked this post: schmitt trigger

Offline jrharley

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2024, 04:57:05 pm »
For what it's worth, I have found the LB02A to be fantastic!
Wouldn't call it a true standard, but it's incredibly capable and easy to use. - JRH

Offline dazz1Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2024, 11:51:00 pm »
For what it's worth, I have found the LB02A to be fantastic!
Wouldn't call it a true standard, but it's incredibly capable and easy to use. - JRH

I am looking at this as the complimentary opposite to a bench top multi-meter.  Where a multi-meter measures A,V, Ohms and sometime other things, the LB02A generates these.  I could see this being useful for prototype development. 
At a pinch, it could be used as a basic transfer standard, but not in a certified calibrated way.

I don't see the LB02A as a voltage standard like I don't see a voltage standard being a process calibrator. 
Dazz

Over Engineering: Why make something simple when you can make it really complicated AND get it to work?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf