Author Topic: Rigol DHO800/900 new firmware... 1.03  (Read 12816 times)

Slavius and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline tmeub

Re: Rigol DHO800/900 new firmware... 1.03
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2024, 09:56:16 pm »
Has anyone had success configuring and using the SMB with v1.03?

I have not gotten it to work. The scope thinks a while after clicking connect and then displays "connection terminated". I am running v00.01.03.00.06.

Before I bought this scope I browsed thru the manual to check the details of features, and thought it came with capability to save data to SMB server.
..and now I've found out that the currently officially available firmware does not even try to support that, and the "pulled back" v1.03 might not have it working either...

[edit]SMB works. https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-dho800900-new-firmware-1-03/msg5665769/#msg5665769[/edit]

Also with this v1.03 the XY-mode seems to always crash the scope app when I enter it with Mem Depth set to 1k/10k/100k, but no crash when set to 1M. After the XY is open I can then select 1k/10k/100k with no problem...
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:09:32 pm by tmeub »

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2024, 10:40:10 pm »
I happened to view this post. I haven't upgraded the firmware to 1.03 yet. The v1.02 has so many bugs such as the ultravision III usually doesn't work on my DHO924S.
did you a report of each bug you found to rigol? unless is wasn't reported to rigol, it will not find the way to the todo list of rigol. rigol is not following bug reports made on community forums.

Is there a formal way to report these bugs to Rigol?

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2024, 11:35:52 pm »
Also with this v1.03 the XY-mode seems to always crash the scope app when I enter it with Mem Depth set to 1k/10k/100k, but no crash when set to 1M. After the XY is open I can then select 1k/10k/100k with no problem...

Is your scope  in original state or it has the 50M memory activated?

Offline FungusTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #153 on: Yesterday at 12:02:27 am »
Set it to restore previous settings on power-on.

Open an XY window.

Turn it off.

Ok, I do that with the 0.1.0.3.6 version and the device responds normally. If I left only the XY window open, after the reboot there are the normal wave window with the XY window aside

I wonder if it's because of memory depth?

Offline tmeub

« Reply #154 on: Yesterday at 11:14:46 am »

Is your scope  in original state or it has the 50M memory activated?

It is in original state, no hacking, only updated the firmware from v1.02 to v1.03.
It is a 924S, so it has the 50M memory by default.

I did some more testing starting the XY-view. Each test was done right after full restart. The Load Last -setting was on Default.
All Mem Depth settings except Auto and 1M did crash the scope app upon selecting XY.

However when I applied default settings by pressing the DEFAULT button twice right after boot, I could enter the XY mode with any Mem Depth setting without crash!

It looks like there is something wrong in how this firmware loads the defaults when starting.

Offline tmeub

« Reply #155 on: Yesterday at 04:06:29 pm »
Has anyone had success configuring and using the SMB with v1.03?

I got the SMB working. It was my own fault, my OS was not allowing file sharing from a separate LAN that I have set-up for equipment and projects.

A bit annoying is that when scope is set to start with defaults the SMB settings are gone after restart. I do not dare to use the "Load last" -option, for the reasons described earlier this thread.

So, the start the scope -procedure is now:

Restore defaults by defaults-button x2. This is to prevent the XY-mode crash (+possibly some other problems that I do not yet have discovered).

Load settings from the local disk (Storage->Load), which include the SMB settings and my other favorite settings.

[edit]
Now it does seem to remember the SMB settings after restore defaults. I am pretty sure that earlier it did not...

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:47:35 pm by tmeub »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #156 on: Yesterday at 04:46:53 pm »
It looks like there is something wrong in how this firmware loads the defaults when starting.

Yes, we're aware of that.

There's also a big danger of not being able to use your 'scope again if you switch it off with an XY window open.

(until the new firmware is widely released...)

Update: This week was a national holiday in China so nothing got done at Rigol.

The following users thanked this post: tmeub

• Super Contributor
« Reply #157 on: Yesterday at 04:47:49 pm »
I got the SMB working.

How do you set it up? I didn't figure it out in the time I spent with 1.03

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #158 on: Yesterday at 06:43:46 pm »
I got the SMB working.

How do you set it up? I didn't figure it out in the time I spent with 1.03

If you are using Windows 10 or 11 you need to install it first. SMB1.0/CIFS file sharing isn't installed by default. You find the option to do it on the windows optional features.

Offline bobasaurus

« Reply #159 on: Yesterday at 06:45:49 pm »
New here, sorry if I'm out of the loop.  The latest firmware (https://www.rigolna.com/firmware/) on Rigol's website seems to be 00.01.02.00.02 released last year... where are you finding these newer firmware releases?  Were they withdrawn due to bugs/glitches/freezes?  I'd like to upgrade the firmware on mine since it occasionally freezes if left running too long. 

Offline DisasterPeas

« Reply #160 on: Yesterday at 06:53:08 pm »
I happened to view this post. I haven't upgraded the firmware to 1.03 yet. The v1.02 has so many bugs such as the ultravision III usually doesn't work on my DHO924S.
did you a report of each bug you found to rigol? unless is wasn't reported to rigol, it will not find the way to the todo list of rigol. rigol is not following bug reports made on community forums.

Is there a formal way to report these bugs to Rigol?

help@rigol.com

• Super Contributor
« Reply #161 on: Yesterday at 08:37:59 pm »
Were they withdrawn due to bugs/glitches/freezes?

Yes.

1.02 is very stable, although it has half a dozen bugs. Nothing major if you know the workarounds for them. The only thing that really didn't work was video signal triggering.

Version 1.03 fixed just about everything (see first page of this thread0 but had a really serious bug that can crash the 'scope on startup.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:48:34 pm by Fungus »

Offline tmeub

« Reply #162 on: Yesterday at 11:56:45 pm »
New here, sorry if I'm out of the loop.  The latest firmware (https://www.rigolna.com/firmware/) on Rigol's website seems to be 00.01.02.00.02 released last year... where are you finding these newer firmware releases?  Were they withdrawn due to bugs/glitches/freezes?  I'd like to upgrade the firmware on mine since it occasionally freezes if left running too long.

It is not available from Rigol, but there is a link in this thread for the 00.01.03.00.06 that someone was sharing. 

But I do not think it is worth trying.

I could work around the XY crash issue, but I just went back to 1.02 because some other issues with 1.03:
- math:A-B had glitches, some waveform was momentarily shown now and then when A was actually being equal to B
- XY display update choppy, like there are frames missing regularly. Waveform view also felt somehow not as smoothly updating as before. 1.02 is very smooth with same settings.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:59:05 pm by tmeub »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf