Author Topic: Rigol DHO800/900 new firmware... 1.03  (Read 9333 times)

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Re: Rigol DHO800/900 new firmware... 1.03
« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2024, 10:20:05 pm »
I spent almost 1000 euros on an oscilloscope, my DHO 924S, which doesn't work.
I will wait another 15 days, if Rigol does not solve the problem by releasing a stable firmware version, I will return the oscilloscope to Rigol Italia asking for a refund of what I paid.

You should have read here first, DHO900 is a poor choice. DHO 804 is decent value.

When I e-mailed Rigol about the DM800 series bugs, the responses were unbelievably bad.  First response was they'd send my comments to R&D for investigation, which is total deflection because people have already commented about this so they surely know about it.  Second response (first response from R&D) was just some marketing junk about how their DMM was better than their previous ones. I hit them again with all of the proof of the issues with links to Youtube timestamps and EEVblog forum posts and their response back was please provide proof of the issues, completely ignoring the proof already provided!  They also said they weren't going to consider the issues reported on the EEVblog since they were from an "informal forum" and that they were not going to investigate the issue any further.

I completely get what you are saying, but to get a good response you need to make a very clear explanation of: what the bug is, why it negatively affects your work, and how to reproduce it. Single bug at a time.

Anything outside of that is just a suggestion that the support person may or may not care to pursue.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

The following users thanked this post: DisasterPeas

Online J-R

• Super Contributor
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2024, 11:15:55 pm »
When I e-mailed Rigol about the DM800 series bugs, the responses were unbelievably bad.  First response was they'd send my comments to R&D for investigation, which is total deflection because people have already commented about this so they surely know about it.  Second response (first response from R&D) was just some marketing junk about how their DMM was better than their previous ones. I hit them again with all of the proof of the issues with links to Youtube timestamps and EEVblog forum posts and their response back was please provide proof of the issues, completely ignoring the proof already provided!  They also said they weren't going to consider the issues reported on the EEVblog since they were from an "informal forum" and that they were not going to investigate the issue any further.

I completely get what you are saying, but to get a good response you need to make a very clear explanation of: what the bug is, why it negatively affects your work, and how to reproduce it. Single bug at a time.

Anything outside of that is just a suggestion that the support person may or may not care to pursue.
I did, I explicitly stated the mV to 30V issue...

We can see that Fungus has someone's ear on this issue, but the point remains that frequently issues don't get addressed.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline sandor626

• Contributor
« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2024, 09:09:53 pm »
news ?

Offline FungusTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2024, 10:22:33 pm »
Nearly there...

The following users thanked this post: sandor626, al777

Offline sandor626

• Contributor
« Reply #129 on: Yesterday at 02:49:10 pm »

What firmware version "bricked" your scope? v00.01.03.00.04 or v00.01.03.00.06?
I'm still able to download v00.01.03.00.06 from supportint.rigol.com

hey my friend don't do it, with any damn version, wait for Rigol to provide a new version with clarifications

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #130 on: Yesterday at 04:02:42 pm »

What firmware version "bricked" your scope? v00.01.03.00.04 or v00.01.03.00.06?
I'm still able to download v00.01.03.00.06 from supportint.rigol.com

hey my friend don't do it, with any damn version, wait for Rigol to provide a new version with clarifications

Don't worry mine is still waiting in the shopping cart   :-DD

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf