Author Topic: Rigol DG5000 PRO Signal Generator [10,1" 16bits 2.5GSa 2ch. 250MHz to 500MHz]  (Read 586 times)

Offline DaneLawTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
It seems Rigol is releasing a new signal generator in Rigols bigger 10.1" 1280x800 formfactor
CN prices start AT around 2.800 $ (19800CNY) and peak at 5.500$ (39.800CNY) before VAT.
The Signal gen UI seems to correspond with the same UI-theme as seen on DG800PRO & DG900PRO.
https://www.rigol.com/products/DG_detail/DG5000_Pro

Options * (includes a battery-attachment)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 08:48:17 pm by DaneLaw »

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, thm_w, ZhuraYuk, NE666

• Frequent Contributor
Datasheet* (CN/ENG)

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Online NE666

• Regular Contributor
Nice find.

Way outside of my budget and performance requirements but it's interesting that the product page shows that it will make use of Rigol's UltraStation software for waveform creation and editing. Given the familial relationship of the UI (and presumably much of the underlying application software) with the DG 800/900 Pro range, perhaps we might also see those units gain the facility for user-generated waveforms in a future release.

• Frequent Contributor
Nice find.

Way outside of my budget and performance requirements but it's interesting that the product page shows that it will make use of Rigol's UltraStation software for waveform creation and editing. Given the familial relationship of the UI (and presumably much of the underlying application software) with the DG 800/900 Pro range, perhaps we might also see those units gain the facility for user-generated waveforms in a future release.

Rigol-China has added Ultra Station software under the DG800Pro & DG900Pro https://www.rigol.com/products/DG_detail/DG800Pro

It was added a few days ago, though I haven't been down that rabbit hole.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto, thm_w, ZhuraYuk, NE666

Offline Njk

• Frequent Contributor
So they're following their usual pattern to come up with a new design before finishing the previous one. Efforts pulverization, as usual.

As for Ultra Station, the old version is not digitally signed, similar to the new one. So the OS still pop-ups a dialog that warns that the app is from unknown vendor. The integration with Ultra Sigma is broken. The new version is claimed to be backward compatible with the previous DG models. However, the waveform data text files (*.csv and *.txt) the app does create are now of different format, which seems to be one for all supported DG models. I wonder if that format can be really understood by the old models.

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
You can download from the NA site: https://www.rigolna.com/products/waveform-generators/dg900-pro/
Requires .net 6.0: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/6.0

As for Ultra Station, the old version is not digitally signed, similar to the new one. So the OS still pop-ups a dialog that warns that the app is from unknown vendor. The integration with Ultra Sigma is broken. The new version is claimed to be backward compatible with the previous DG models. However, the waveform data text files (*.csv and *.txt) the app does create are now of different format, which seems to be one for all supported DG models. I wonder if that format can be really understood by the old models.

If I try to read .arb it says file format is wrong, .raf reads but seems to produce the wrong output. So some screw up there.
Another issue is no USB mode, just LAN only. So I can't test LAN send on the DG811 currently (no ethernet adapter on hand).
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline Njk

• Frequent Contributor
If I try to read .arb it says file format is wrong, .raf reads but seems to produce the wrong output. So some screw up there.
Rigol never advertised support of the .arb format by DG8/9/2k series. Concerning .raf, are you saying that early you'd checked this with the old version and it was okay but now a file of the same format produced by the new version does not work with your DG?

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Rigol never advertised support of the .arb format by DG8/9/2k series. Concerning .raf, are you saying that early you'd checked this with the old version and it was okay but now a file of the same format produced by the new version does not work with your DG?

I just tried using all of the file formats on DG811 and none seemed to work. Never checked with an older version.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline ZhuraYuk

• Regular Contributor
Maybe wit this Ultra Station release they will add customer waveform support to DG800Pro & DG900Pro models. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf