Author Topic: Reinstalling Lecroy WP7300a  (Read 3809 times)

Offline dxlTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Reinstalling Lecroy WP7300a
« on: May 04, 2016, 09:02:00 am »
Hi,

i've tried to install the latest XStream Software (7.9.0.1) on a fresh Windows XP installation. However, that doesn't seem to work. There are no drivers installed for the XStream PCI device. Does anyone know what the latest supported version on the WavePro 7300a is?

Thanks

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
  • Able to drop by occasionally only
Re: Reinstalling Lecroy WP7300a
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 09:35:12 am »
i've tried to install the latest XStream Software (7.9.0.1) on a fresh Windows XP installation. However, that doesn't seem to work. There are no drivers installed for the XStream PCI device. Does anyone know what the latest supported version on the WavePro 7300a is?

The latest supported version is 7.9.0.1, the download for the WP7kA can be found here:

http://teledynelecroy.com/support/softwaredownload/documents.aspx?sc=11

Make sure that the DSO drivers are selected for installation.

Also, make sure to update XP to SP2 or later (ideally SP3) before installing the software.

Offline dxlTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 05:35:15 pm »
I tried that, but it seems like the 7.9 doesn't provide the DSO driver for the so called 'Aladdin' Acquistion. In the drivers folder only 'Magelan' drivers are present. I've tried the 6.8 Version, and that worked. Maybe i'll try to install 7.9 now that 6.8 is installed, maybe that way works. Still have to figure out how lecroy finds their calibration data as i copied the whole userdata partition from the old harddisk.

Offline dxlTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 06:50:16 pm »
Installing Xstream 7.9 after 6.8 worked. Just need to get the calibration data back in place and install minor stuff like chipset + touchscreen driver :)

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 10:18:57 am »
Installing Xstream 7.9 after 6.8 worked. Just need to get the calibration data back in place and install minor stuff like chipset + touchscreen driver :)

Hm, you shouldn't have to install touch screen drivers separately, all drivers should be part of the X-Stream pack. I've done a few fresh installs (although none with 7.9) and it was pretty much just installing Windows with updates and graphics/network drivers, and then installing the latest X-Stream version.

Strange.

Offline dxlTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 08:06:05 pm »
I don't know why the touchscreen driver wasn't installed automatically. I've reinstalled everything today, still the same. Installed the touchscreen driver later manually, and everything is fine now. Also got the calibration data back in place.

Most annoying thing right now is that everytime you change horizontal time/div in large steps (like from 1ms to 100ns), it recalibrates which takes about 10s. I already disabled the temperature auto calibration, but that didn't change anything. Any hints?

Thanks

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 08:07:54 am »
Most annoying thing right now is that everytime you change horizontal time/div in large steps (like from 1ms to 100ns), it recalibrates which takes about 10s. I already disabled the temperature auto calibration, but that didn't change anything. Any hints?

Aside from the fact that it's changes to the vertical scale which triggers the recalibration cycle, that's normal. All LeCroy high-end scopes do this if a vertical change results in changes to the signal path (which contains RF relays) to make sure the path and ADC remain within specs.

In addition, the scope does a recalibration when the internal temperature changes to a certain extend. There's a setting to disable that so that a critical measurement is not interrupted, but that will be reset during the next power-up. I would leave it on, as thermal recalibrations will only occur during the warm-up phase (10-15min) and, provided your room temperature doesn't change' will pretty much disappear.

This is different from other scope manufacturers' scopes which only self-calibrate quickly at power-up and don't compensate for temperature shift or multiple vertical settings, and where a more thorough calibration has to be started manually.

The time for the calibration variies depending on what WavePro you have. The older non-A variants took the longest to recalibrate, the 'A' models reduced the time for the calibration at vertical changes, and the later models (i.e. manufactured at end of 2007) have noticably reduced calibration cycles (ie. 2 - 3 seconds).

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 02:43:21 pm »

I confirm this... just installed 8.x on a blank XP SP3 for a WaveSurfer XS-A, and the drivers for the interface & acquisition boards are NOT included... (or at least the installation scripts for those are not triggered...), I needed to install something prior to 7.9.x...

Didn't re-upgrade so far, but I assume this will be OK...

The following users thanked this post: Belgarath

Offline ollopa

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 09:53:02 am »
Beating a dead horse but I have also observed the same with my WR6050.  Firmware 6.5.0.5 appears to have the drivers but 8.1.0.1 does not.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf