Author Topic: Anritsu BTS/Sitemaster RS232 problem  (Read 1313 times)

Offline slurryTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Anritsu BTS/Sitemaster RS232 problem
« on: June 12, 2017, 08:49:02 pm »
I have a BTS-master which wont connect over RS232 to the Anritsu LST-software,
it's rather annoying because it's one of my most used instrument.

Is there any odd way to connect that is not mentioned in the manual? -a factory reset makes no difference.

RS232 pin 2/3 is not shorted to ground or loaded in any way

-any ideas?

« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:09:40 pm by slurry »

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Re: Anritsu BTS/Sitemaster RS232 problem
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 04:21:25 am »
hum 

Does it require null modem cable ?  or an other type of cable dtr dts pins shorted or a combination, twisted rx / tx pins  ...  maybe your ic's are fine,  and you dont have the proper cable, or the cable is damaged ???  if you say its ok on other instruments,  maybe there is a bit of info missing ???

You could use an rs232 terminal software, short the rs232 pins on your 232 ic (the output pins who go to the buffer chip / cpu  etc ...)  and echo the commands like sending anything / characters  etc ... if the chip is ok  the commands / characters will be echoed back to the computer ... see that as a loopback test ??

I had a problem similar,  the rs232 lines where not pulled right, the dtr line was used as a reset line, since it wasn't at the good logic level, i had reset problems on my interface board ???

It resetted fine after unplugging the cable ???  I did manage to find from polland a nice usb to rs232 isolated adapter with all the rs232 lines with status leds, if i have an rs232 line pulled wrong for a project, i see their status before programming ...    model UR232ISO  from sibit.pl
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:23:10 am by coromonadalix »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf