Author Topic: Re: FeelElec FY6600 series signal generator after-sales service  (Read 4342 times)

Offline FeelElecTopic starter

• Contributor
Hello, every customers.
This is Zhengzhou FeelElec technology Co. Ltd.
If your FY6600 product have any questions, Please comment on this post.
We will solve your questions and problems.

Best regards,
FeelElec

Offline SteveJH

Re: FeelElec FY6600 series signal generator after-sales service
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 07:00:12 pm »
I have just purchased a FeelTech FY6600 AWG to do some automated testing. My intention was to write a LabView interface so that I can remotely control the FY6600. I have previously written a lot of these interfaces and rarely have a problem getting them to connect. Not so with the FY6600. I know that the driver is working OK as the FY6600 PC software connects and runs. However, entering the commands from RealTerm, Termite or LabView does not get any data back from the unit. I have even used Device Monitoring Studio to sniff the data packets sent by the FY6600 PC Software during startup and normal operation and all the data bytes look sensible according to the documentation. I have tried all the usual things such as different Baud rates, stop bits etc with no luck. Has anyone been able to get the USB interface to work apart from with the stock PC software? Regards Steve

Online Andreas

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 09:16:33 pm »
Hello,

I have a FY6800. (the successor of the FY6600)
With Hyperterminal the communication works with 115200 Baud. (8n1)
Eventually you will have to power cycle the FY6800.

with best regards

Andreas

Offline BlackICE

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 02:42:11 am »
I have an fy6900. It worked fine about receiving it a few months later it no longer puts out correct sine or triangle waves. The sine waves are corrupted and a combination of a sine wave with a square wave. The triangle waves look like square waves. If I program a custom waveform as a sine wave it works fine. So therefore the hardware is capable of producing a great sine wave it's just the built-in sine wave using the menu doesn't work anymore. Any idea how to fix this? I tried to burn new firmware but I can't find any firmware on the internet. I emailed feelelec two days ago no reply yet.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 02:50:19 am by BlackICE »

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 07:22:47 am »
Seem a flash corruption. I've read something similar about this for the 6600. Now i have also the fy6900, hope to not have the same problem  |O
Maybe a way to reflash the default waveforms is enough?

Offline BlackICE

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 08:16:07 am »
I was thinking the same. However I can't find where to download new firmware from.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 08:17:49 am by BlackICE »

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 08:41:47 am »
I've ordered a TL866II programmer, need to check if it can read SPI flash, so that i can dump the flash in case of future problems...

Offline BlackICE

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 08:46:06 am »
I found out how to fix it using the PC software for the FY6900. When I first ran the software some functions like update firmware or the PC software didn't work. Later I read on eevblog that you need to run in in Admin mode. Curious as to why, is the software doing anything nefarious? Anyway after running it in admin mode I tried to update the firmware but it said my current 1.3 version is the latest.  However others have said there is a 1.4 version. I noticed on option under the help menu to "repair sine". I ran that one and the problem is fixed.

Obviously Feelelec is aware of the problem since a fix is in the PC software. It don't have a good feeling about the problem staying fixed. Am guessing that something is getting corrupted in the flash/firmware causing the sine wave problem. What else is getting corrupted? Why can't it be permenantly fixed in new firmware, because it's really a hardware problem?

Offline masterx81

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2020, 04:31:52 pm »
 Who knows if that repair option is a bend aid to an fw bug...
 At least there is something to fix it.

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 05:01:06 pm »
I own the fy6900 20Mhz, for now all good, it would be good to know what causes the problem, so try to avoid it.

in spanish
Yo poseo el fy6900 20Mhz, por ahora todo bien, seria bueno saber que lo causa al problema, asi tratar de evitarlo.

Offline brint.corb

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2020, 02:30:59 am »
Just noticed this feel tech 6900 60Mhz on ebay.   I am a RF professional and the keysight 33622A arb gen gets daily use, and was curious if anybody here has compared the two.  I mean the price of the "feel tech" is rediculous at just $120.  Yet it seems to come with cool software to customize and load in custom waveforms from a PC app?  (as opposed to Benchvue + wavebuilder that works nicely but $$$).    Sorry for the ignorance, but does this thing actually work?   Is it reliable? 

Offline CDaniel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 07:14:34 am »
Yes you can load a custom waveform , but sorry , at this price  this generators are  not for professional use , that's for sure  ;D
There are some topics about various hardware and firmware issues if you search ...

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2020, 09:48:55 am »
I have a Ferrari 250 GTO, And I find that Kia Rio is much cheaper, Can someone compare the 2  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: Jacon

Offline maxwell3e10

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2020, 03:40:12 am »
They both can get you to the grocery store and keep up with traffic on the highway, so in 99% of cases are equivalent :)

Fundamental limitations of FY6600 are a lack of 10 MHz clock sync in/out and a relatively short waveform length of 8192 points. But the noise level is pretty good and the simplicity of the design and assembly is impressive.

Offline engrguy42

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2020, 11:00:57 am »
They both can get you to the grocery store and keep up with traffic on the highway, so in 99% of cases are equivalent :)

Fundamental limitations of FY6600 are a lack of 10 MHz clock sync in/out and a relatively short waveform length of 8192 points. But the noise level is pretty good and the simplicity of the design and assembly is impressive.

Exactly.

What the Ferrari gets you, and the Kia doesn't, is an ego boost. And I think that's what's really important to most here when it comes to equipment discussions.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 03:13:30 pm by engrguy42 »
- The best engineers know enough to realize they don't know nuthin'...
- Those who agree with you can do no wrong. Those who disagree can do no right.
- I'm always amazed at how many people "already knew that" after you explain it to them in detail...

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2020, 12:48:57 pm »
Just noticed this feel tech 6900 60Mhz on ebay.   I am a RF professional and the keysight 33622A arb gen gets daily use, and was curious if anybody here has compared the two.  I mean the price of the "feel tech" is rediculous at just $120.  Yet it seems to come with cool software to customize and load in custom waveforms from a PC app?  (as opposed to Benchvue + wavebuilder that works nicely but $$$).    Sorry for the ignorance, but does this thing actually work?   Is it reliable?
I have an older model (FY3200S) and it works just fine. From the newer models the FY6900 seems to be the best choice. I'd say these generators are fine for general purpose use unless you have very specific requirements on stability, accuracy and/or need higher frequencies. The next step up costs about 5 times more (Siglent SDG2000 series for example; Tautech will add the plusses, Xs and whatever other symbol is missing).
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Terrypin

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2020, 10:15:55 pm »
When switching power on two days ago my year old FY6600 60MHz gave a loud bang. The mains plug fuse had blown and on opening the case so had the on-board fuse. But the bang must have been the 8-pin power supply IC, RM6203, because its top had blown off!

(In case it’s relevant we’re having a heatwave here in much of UK, and temperature in my shed workshop at the time was about 32C.)

I managed to get a replacement IC quickly for about £4 but after installation today the unit still failed to display. It blew both those fuses whenever mains power was switched on (but not the IC).

I can’t see anything but there must be a short somewhere. With a 13A fuse in the plug, the current across the internal fuse holder goes from about 0.8A on standby to 5A on full.

Is there anything else I can try before giving up please?

Terry

Offline Edcyber2

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2020, 04:24:25 pm »
Subject: FY6600-60M SOFTWARE INSTALLATION FAILURE

JUST RECEIVED THE ABOVE REFERENCED UNIT THROUGH AMAZON.
NONE OF THE SOFTWARE ON THE CD OR DOWNLOADED FROM YOUR WEB SITE WILL INSTALL.  I DID INSTALL THE DRIVER AND FY2200 SOFTWARE ON A
WINDOWS 7 PC. OF COURSE, EXCEPT FOR THE DRIVER, WHICH DID SEEM TO GET A PORT NUMBER AND TURN GREEN, THAT SOFTWARE IS WORTHLESS FOR THE FY6600.
NOTHING WOULD INSTALL ON MY WINDOWS 10 PC.

DO YOU HAVE ALTERNATE DOWNLOADS OR OTHER SUGGESTIONS THAT WORK?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf