Author Topic: Problems with CH 4 in Lecroy LC574AM Error CL_match_gains_or_offsets: 4,8.  (Read 66 times)

hafrse and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online hafrseTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hello,

I have newly acquired a used LC574AM, but it seems there is a problem in channel 4. When I connect to the cal signal and press Auto Setup, a message appears in red  CL_match_gains_or_offsets: 4,8.

The displayed trace shows noise only when Volts/Div is lower  or equal  0.2V.

Any clue where to look? the instrument had manual Reset a number of times but still the problem shown. The other 3 channels are ok.

Please see the attached images, last image is when zoomed
Thanks in advance!

George
« Last Edit: Today at 05:42:20 pm by hafrse »

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
With a bit of luck you can swap the EXT input module with the module of channel 4. But likely this is a contact issue to re-seating the input module itself might do the trick.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online hafrseTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
With a bit of luck you can swap the EXT input module with the module of channel 4. But likely this is a contact issue to re-seating the input module itself might do the trick.
Thanks, do I need to open the instrument or just release the 2 screws and slide back?

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Thanks, do I need to open the instrument or just release the 2 screws and slide back?
You'll need to open & disassemble the oscilloscope quite a bit. On my Lecroy Wavepro 7200A it was a difficult job especially due to Lecroy using threaded standoffs which may unthread at the wrong end. As in turning the entire threaded standoff instead of releasing the screw. You'll see once you open it up. Be really carefull not to bump / scrape the casing onto the boards. If you can flip burgers at McDonalds, you can also have a career as a senior mechanical engineer at Lecroy  :rant:

The screws at the front just hold a bit of plastic in place to make the connectors stick out nicely.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:57:43 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf