Author Topic: Owon XSA-810-TG Spectrum Analyzer funny business  (Read 788 times)

Offline jrgandaraTopic starter

• Contributor
  • Good soldering!
Owon XSA-810-TG Spectrum Analyzer funny business
« on: October 05, 2023, 05:40:14 am »
Hello all!

Anyone also using these Owon Spectrum analyzers? I had the Rigol TG-815 and the Siglent 3021. Both very capable for duplexer adjustments. Used to reach more than -100dBm with those but not quite with the Owon although the specs says -160 DANL. Mine lock the attenuation in 20dB and I could not manage to change to zero. Also the RBW will not go under 3KHz (needed to increase the sensitivity) and the deep of the notch is very noise even at -90dBm. I checked Owon web site and found nothing about firmwares updates. Maybe things work different with this Owon and I'm making mistakes.

Anyone got one of those? Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

JR
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 08:55:01 pm by jrgandara »
[]s

JR

Offline minsik

• Contributor
Re: Owon XSA-810-TG Spectrum Analyzer funny business
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 11:12:56 am »
Hi

did you contact Owon for any firmware updates even though they have not put on the web site?
Did you do more duplexer or cavity filter adjustments and form any other opinions?
Do you use for general radio communications work, ie FM vhf/uhf?

Only because the Owon XSA810-TG seems the best value currently for me as a hobbyist.

thanks Minsik.
Years of working with electronics. Now its just for fun.

Offline RFDx

• Regular Contributor
Re: Owon XSA-810-TG Spectrum Analyzer funny business
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 02:40:54 am »
I had the Rigol TG-815 and the Siglent 3021. Both very capable for duplexer adjustments. Used to reach more than -100dBm with those but not quite with the Owon although the specs says -160 DANL.

Owon specifies the isolation between tracking generator (@ 0dBm output) and RF input at only 60dB, that's why I can't imagine you being able to reach your -100dBm target. It really doesn't matter how far down th DANL can go or how narrow the resolution bandwidth can be made while the TG is turned on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf