Author Topic: OWON VDS 1022I PC Software won't install  (Read 7883 times)

Offline sbernardiTopic starter

OWON VDS 1022I PC Software won't install
« on: January 05, 2019, 11:15:31 pm »
I just bought an OWON VDS 1022I oscilloscope. I was able to install the drivers fine, but when I run the PC software setup, it pops up an error dialog that would probably be in Chinese if I had the right fonts installed.  And that's all it does.

It is happening both on my Dell laptop with Windows 10 and my Desktop with Windows 10.

I opened up an "Inquiry" with OWON, we'll see what happens.
Anybody here have any experience or ideas?

Offline tkamiya

• Super Contributor
Re: OWON VDS 1022I PC Software won't install
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 02:11:39 am »
Mine installed correctly on Windows 10 but I used a package downloaded from Owon, not the CD that came with it.  Maybe there was a bug on the version that comes with CD in box?

You can always learn Chinese though.  There are only over 5000 characters you'll have to learn....

Offline DDunfield

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 06:34:57 pm »
I've installed various versions of the VDS1022I software recently under WinXP, Win7-64 and Win8 and I did not see any errors during installation of the software itself. I've not tried Win10.
Is there a possibility that you are installing under an account without sufficient permissions (IIRC it says somewhere in their docs that you need an account with administrator privileges).

I did run into off disconnect issues using the latest USB driver which is posted separately on the OWON site. The scope would disconnect 10 seconds after going idle. I verified this problem with 4 separate PC systems, using multiple versions of the software.

What finally worked for me was to clean-out/remove all vestiges of the software and USB driver, then install the software, then manually install the USB driver that is included in the software install directory using device manager. There is an option to install the USB driver by clicking the state display in the upper left of the software, however it does not work, erroring with "Windows cannot find REINSTALL.BAT..."

Using the method of installing the software first, then manually installing the drivers from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\OWON\VDS_C2\USBDRV

Resolved my disconnect problems, and I have verified this on 3 systems, using both the 1.0.29 software that came on disc with the scope, and the 1.0.30 software downloaded from their site.

Regards,
Dave

Online Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 07:56:01 pm »
Best Regards, Chris

Offline Jdterry

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 03:30:57 am »
Having the same issue with CD pc software installation blocked with cryptic error method using win 7 64 on several machines. Was unable to download software from Owon site.  Has anyone found a way to load the software.

Online Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 09:56:50 am »
I've uploaded my personal archive again... https://ufile.io/oixet.  Try version 1.0.28, or if that doesn't work Version 1.0.23.

No idea what's going on with the Owon site at the moment!  ::)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 10:40:01 am by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

Offline honeybadger

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 11:20:30 pm »
SW from original CD works on both of my PCs - W7 pro and W10 pro.

I think only trap is you have to install drivers manually in the windows device manager - there will be some unknown device - that is your scope.

And another advice - don't use USB extension cables with VDS1022I. If you must use the shortest ones and use both of them in parallel. With shitty extension cables it will not work (better option) or it will measure nonsense (I "measured" over 7V at 5V signal - there is probably problem with voltage reference when there is higher voltage drop at USB cable)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf