Author Topic: Circuit tester OS-2030 oscilloscope  (Read 930 times)

Offline NjordTopic starter

• Contributor
Circuit tester OS-2030 oscilloscope
« on: May 31, 2020, 10:01:00 pm »
Circuit tester OS-2030

This oscilloscope popped up on a local buy/sell and I rushed out to get it. It seems basic and old but it was new in the box still wrapped up. The seller said the local university was giving them away to staff now that they use digital scopes. I wish it had some features of newer scopes (FFT, screen capture, subtract/math functions) but in all reality it should be just fine for my hobbies.

Has anyone used this before and is there any tricks or tips I should know that is specific to the scope?
 How old is this thing? Google has pretty limited results.
Is this scope accurate and reliable? I’m assuming so as the university bought them.
Does anyone have the manual?

Tell me what you think!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 05:18:09 am by Njord »

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
Re: Circuit tester OS-2030 oscilloscope
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 10:41:14 pm »
The answer to your questions about the manual(s) and is it accurate is yes. The actual scope is made by a company called Pintek in Taiwan , and they are / were widely sold by other companies who effectively badge engineered them and had manuals printed with their company names and logos on them. Would I buy one like you did for $80, well yes, I did that a couple of years ago but have since moved on from them onto other scopes with more bandwidth, but in reality, here is nothing wrong with 30Mhz bandwidth, certainly more than enough for a beginner and or audio work.

If you PM me with your email address then I can email you back all the information I have on this family of scopes including a service manual. I emailed the factory in Taiwan and asked if they had a service manual, and they very kindly emailed me back with one.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 11:03:40 pm by Specmaster »
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: Njord

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf