Author Topic: Stupid SDS1104X-E Ques - Default Trigger Delay to Left Screen Edge ?  (Read 569 times)

Offline TomKattTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
I'm an older dog learning new tricks and have more analog CRO time under my belt than modern digital gear...

While I appreciate the capabilities of modern scopes like my Siglent SDS1104X-E, I sometimes find it a bit frustrating that the trigger position defaults to center screen.  I'm more used to triggering defaulting to the beginning of the sweep on the left edge of the screen, so the waveform has the entire width of the display.  I know I can add some trigger delay time to 'reposition' the trigger horizontally, but if I change the timebase etc that goes out the window.

Is there a way to default the trigger position so it remains at the beginning of the sweep on the left edge?

TIA
Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a PICt

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Stupid SDS1104X-E Ques - Default Trigger Delay to Left Screen Edge ?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2023, 02:49:48 pm »
I'm an older dog learning new tricks and have more analog CRO time under my belt than modern digital gear...

While I appreciate the capabilities of modern scopes like my Siglent SDS1104X-E, I sometimes find it a bit frustrating that the trigger position defaults to center screen.  I'm more used to triggering defaulting to the beginning of the sweep on the left edge of the screen, so the waveform has the entire width of the display.  I know I can add some trigger delay time to 'reposition' the trigger horizontally, but if I change the timebase etc that goes out the window.

Is there a way to default the trigger position so it remains at the beginning of the sweep on the left edge?
Yep.
Utility>P4> Reference Pos> Horizontal Fixed Position.
Enjoy.  :)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 02:51:58 pm by tautech »
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Out of office and unavailable for a few days.

The following users thanked this post: TomKatt

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 02:54:57 pm »
Thanks!

That's -exactly- what I needed.  I even took time to RTFM and still missed that option.
Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a PICt

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 03:10:37 pm »
Thanks!

That's -exactly- what I needed.  I even took time to RTFM and still missed that option.
:)
But....if you Default the scope you will need to reset it.
I like it set 2 div from left to see pretrigger info.

Still there is a further option to make Fixed H Pos a Default setting.

Start with Default to factory.
Adjust to preferred settings for everything.....takes a minute or 2.
Save/Recall> Save> Type> To Default Key> Current Setup or Factory Setup (Default)

You can do similar in Save> Setup, 10 types can be saved and Recalled from internal memory and an unlimited # to external memory.
They just take a little more effort to recall than pressing a previously set up user Default.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

The following users thanked this post: TomKatt

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2023, 03:21:46 pm »
Thanks for the tips.

I have used the Save to Default option - really very handy to be able to have the scope power up the way you like it.  I'm glad that this Fixed Horizontal Position option is included in that (and I agree having 1 or 2 divs for pretrigger is handy).

I had forgotten about the 10 setup save slots - I do have around 3 common setups and that will sure save some time and also error because I do like to use 1X probes and having setups for 1X & 10X is convenient.

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2023, 03:45:06 pm »
Thanks for the tips.

I have used the Save to Default option - really very handy to be able to have the scope power up the way you like it.  I'm glad that this Fixed Horizontal Position option is included in that ...........
Every user setting can be assigned to user Default.

IP and some special settings are unaffected but all can be removed in Recall> Secure Erase <= everything is gone !
Returned to factory settings.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf