Author Topic: New Zoyi multimeter+oscilloscopes - ZT-70xS, up to 50MHz/250MSps (nov 2022)  (Read 299131 times)

Offline GnatGoSplat

• Regular Contributor
Any manual how to use osciloscopes? I bought this but I don't know anything about oscilos hehehe

BTW with 1.3.9 the signal generator doesnt work well

There are countless tutorials on the web and videos on Youtube.  The forum owner himself has made many oscilloscope tutorials.  This one is an Introduction.

If you'd rather read something, this is the first one coming up in a search.  It looks pretty good.
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-use-an-oscilloscope/all
Shawn

The following users thanked this post: Astur_TorQue

Offline Alibani

• Bardia Trading
That's the solution 👍👍👍.
It worked . Thanks 🙏🙏

Offline Alibani

• Bardia Trading
Another issue that drives me crazy while working with 703S . I want the display always be on . I am not worry about the charge !!! What should I do?

Online csuhi17

• Frequent Contributor
Another issue that drives me crazy while working with 703S . I want the display always be on . I am not worry about the charge !!! What should I do?

press the "MENU" button, navigate with the arrows to where "BL time" is, switch it to off.
There is an "Auto Off" which turns off the device after the set time.
Fnirsi oscilloscope = waste&regret

The following users thanked this post: Astur_TorQue

Offline Vit G

• Contributor
Hi!  what external software can be used with ZT-703S via usb connection?
Studying metrology and LNA

Offline m72

• Contributor
Hi!  what external software can be used with ZT-703S via usb connection?
Any file manager. That's all.
You can only retrieve saved screenshots or update the firmware via USB.
Even the multimeter readings must be read via the signal generator contacts. This will require a simple UART module with TTL levels.

Offline Astur_TorQue

• Contributor
Any developement for "MORE APPS"? hehehehe

Offline xKertx

• Contributor
Any developement for "MORE APPS"?
I hope not.
They should focus to the basic functions first, to get them working properly.
For example the "autoset" on the oscilloscope is useless, because it is so slow and unreliable.

Offline apollo11fan

• Contributor
Hello. Recently purchased a ZT-703S. I've upgraded to firmware V1.3.9. Is anyone else experiencing problems with the signal generator. Everything seems to be a square wave. |O
Also, is there an updated manual that has kept up with the revisions of the Firmware? Thanks.  :)

Offline Randy222

• Frequent Contributor
Hello. Recently purchased a ZT-703S. I've upgraded to firmware V1.3.9. Is anyone else experiencing problems with the signal generator. Everything seems to be a square wave. |O
Also, is there an updated manual that has kept up with the revisions of the Firmware? Thanks.  :)
I just upgraded my 703S to 1.3.9 last week, all the wave settings work for me. Scope --> Mode --> scroll to L or R to "Output", change wave there. Make sure you see the icon changing shape.
My 703S is BOOT:v1.0.14 and APP:v1.3.9

Verify your device did the actual upgrade.

As for the usefulness on this device, it's part of my bucket of meters, I use it for some things, don't use it for other things. It's not the only hand scope I have.

The following users thanked this post: apollo11fan

Offline apollo11fan

• Contributor
@Randy222 I was going in through More Apps, and the signal generator there and that is what was always generating a Square Wave, but then again, the keypress stream may be my fault. I tried your method and I was able to pull up different waveforms. The U.I. is a bit clunky. Still trying to get the hang of this scope-meter.  :popcorn:

Offline nikbry

• Contributor
Just got my ZT-703S yesterday. It came with 1.32 and I immediately updated to 1.39. Auto range just doesn't seem to work at all on 1.39. It takes forever and just ends up on minimum time and 100V scales, so completely useless. When in AC mode it sometimes seems to work, but inconsistently.
I reverted to 1.32 and at least in the range I've been testing up to 1MHz, the auto-range captures the waveform and comes in ballpark range.
So, I'll be sticking with 1.32 for now. I think all the tweaking  they have been doing in the latest firmware to get rid of the jitter in the high frequency range, may be affecting the auto-range? But that's just my ignorant guess.

Anyway, anyone interested in Auto-Range should try 1.32.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2024, 06:44:42 am by nikbry »

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
Try v1.38. I decided on this version because Auto-Range does not work the same way as on v1.39  ;)

Offline nikbry

• Contributor
Try v1.38. I decided on this version because Auto-Range does not work the same way as on v1.39  ;)

Thanks for the suggestion, I just tried 1.38 and see no difference to 1.39 concerning Auto Range on my unit. Reverted to 1.32 and it just works. Maybe there are hardware differences? I'll check my board version and post back if the board on my unit turns out to be  an older version than the 2.2 that seems to be the current one.

FWIW my other scope is An OWON VDS1022i USB and auto-range seems to behave similarly to the 1.32, so that's good enough for me, since that's what I'm used to.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2024, 11:45:55 am by nikbry »

Offline RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
I'm on the same version 1.32 and foot.
I must say that because of this, I'm using the 703 less and less for oscilloscope purposes.

Thanks for the suggestion, I just tried 1.38 and see no difference to 1.39 concerning Auto Range on my unit. Reverted to 1.32 and it just works. Maybe there are hardware differences? I'll check my board version and post back if the board on my unit turns to be out an older version than the 2.2 that seems to be the current one.

FWIW my other scope is An OWON VDS1022i USB and auto-range seems to behave similarly to the 1.32, so that's good enough for me, since that's what I'm used to.

Offline nikbry

• Contributor
I must say that because of this, I'm using the 703 less and less for oscilloscope purposes.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but what is so problematic about V1.32 that you aren't using the 703 as a scope any more?

Offline RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
1.32 is oke the auto feature in higher version is slow and sometimes not even converging to the real values.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but what is so problematic about V1.32 that you aren't using the 703 as a scope any more?

Offline nikbry

• Contributor
Thanks for confirming my observations.
When I received my unit with V1.32 I thought that maybe it was old stock, or they were too lazy to update it before shipping, but now I am starting to think it may have been intentional.

Offline xKertx

• Contributor
When using v1.32 and having ch2 disabled, it enables the ch2 every time when performing auto range. I think it's really annoying.

Offline nikbry

• Contributor
When using v1.32 and having ch2 disabled, it enables the ch2 every time when performing auto range. I think it's really annoying.

I just did several auto range tests with V1.32 and CH2 disabled before autorange and it is still disbaled after completing the autorange.
How do you know CH2 is being enabled?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2024, 10:51:00 am by nikbry »

Offline xKertx

• Contributor

You will have the second (blue) line visible on the screen, and in the menu it says CH2 ON  ::)

Offline nikbry

• Contributor

You will have the second (blue) line visible on the screen, and in the menu it says CH2 ON  ::)

OK, I was able to reproduce the problem. Once you disable it, it seems to stay that way even when you do multiple autoranges or power the scope OFF/ON. I couldn't find what exactly enables it.
Annoying little bug indeed! Thanks for pointing it out.

Offline xKertx

• Contributor
So, where is the ZT-701s?
Did they ever released that? :D

Offline nikbry

• Contributor
Re: New Zoyi multimeter+oscilloscopes - ZT-70xS, up to 50MHz/250MSps (nov 2022)
« Reply #548 on: September 01, 2024, 04:46:02 am »
So, where is the ZT-701s?
Did they ever released that? :D

There are a few other competitors in the sub 5MHz, most of them presumably cheaper, smaller, etc... The production costs of the ZT-702s are probably similar to the ZT-701S, so my guess is they focused on the 702, which offers better build and features than the less populated competition in the sub 10MHz, and also on the development of the ZT-703s, again a very competitive product targeting the sub 50Mhz class.

It seems they are able to crank out model after model at dazzling speeds with better specs at a very competitive price cannibalizing their own products. The 701, just never even made it to market I guess in favor of the 702, the 702 isn't significantly cheaper than the 703 anymore, and when the next model, my guess is in the sub 100MHz hits the market for a similar price, the 703 will be history too.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2024, 05:05:26 am by nikbry »

Offline apollo11fan

• Contributor
Re: New Zoyi multimeter+oscilloscopes - ZT-70xS, up to 50MHz/250MSps (nov 2022)
« Reply #549 on: September 01, 2024, 02:04:50 pm »
The 701, just never even made it to market I guess in favor of the 702, the 702 isn't significantly cheaper than the 703 anymore, and when the next model, my guess is in the sub 100MHz hits the market for a similar price, the 703 will be history too.

Might the 702 or 703 have it's firmware modded by some coding guru? Wish it was open-sourced. Seems the hardware is worthy, but it's the programming that could be improved in a few key areas.  :-BROKE

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf