Author Topic: New Zoyi multimeter+oscilloscopes - ZT-70xS, up to 50MHz/250MSps (nov 2022)  (Read 280761 times)

apollo11fan, kwass, nikbry and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline deforme

I havre just got the zt-703s from aliexpress.
but I have this problem. osiloscope seems working but multimeter mode does not start. it seems it is stuck like in video.
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cMMDfdvmfbs

does anyone have this problem?

Offline Astur_TorQue

• Contributor
but I have this problem. osiloscope seems working but multimeter mode does not start. it seems it is stuck like in video.

try updating the firmware

Offline deforme

try updating the firmware

I have done already it was 1.3.2 now 1.3.8 but same....

Offline black6host

• Contributor
I'd pull the battery and let it sit for a bit.  If that doesn't work I'd send it back, I've found nothing on mine that would make it non-responsive.  Good luck!

Offline deforme

I'd pull the battery and let it sit for a bit.  If that doesn't work I'd send it back, I've found nothing on mine that would make it non-responsive.  Good luck!

it didnt work also :(.

Online RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
Please take a look at this post.
If the device starts again, do a reflash with newest firmware.

Offline lchao

• Contributor
After a long time a new firmware on the horizon (V1.39):
ZOYI-703S-FW-V139 firmware.ZTK

https://www.szzotek.com/h-col-159.html
or direct download link:
http://8164272.s21d.faiusrd.com/0/ABUIABAAGAAgnOXYtAYo_OLtzAc?f=ZOYI-703S-FW-V139%E5%9B%BA%E4%BB%B6.ZTK&v=1721119388

I couldn't find any info about the improvements/updates in it.

The following users thanked this post: GnatGoSplat, m72, tonyalbus

Offline bebopdk

• Contributor
The 1.39 changes are listed on the home page:
https://zotektools.com/firmware-update-703/

The following users thanked this post: m72, Hoggy

Offline artv

• Contributor
Has anyone tried the latest firmware - 1.3.9? For me auto range doesn't work when I'm measuring a mains 240V signal - works fine on 1.3.8? I've had to revert but interested of anyone else had any issues?

Offline sergkz

Offline artv

• Contributor
I'm looking at the trace via the scope - not in multimeter mode.

Offline eljjc

It is working for me with 1.3.9 :

Offline sergkz

*SAMPLE* appeared in the menu
*AUTO* mode works very poorly, the internal generator does not always detect

The following users thanked this post: m72

Offline koks1960

The *SAMPLE* function does not work well. The effect depends on the frequency of the signal and the scanning speed.

Offline xfint34

• Contributor
Well I just got this device but auto range seems very bad on 1.38 and 1.39. Almost worthless(?) Seemed to be much better on stock 1.32 it came with.

Is there older firmware files anywhere? Maybe I shouldn't have updated so quick.

Offline kamil004

;)
Attached are versions from 1.27 to 1.39

« Last Edit: July 26, 2024, 10:27:55 pm by kamil004 »

The following users thanked this post: m72, Hoggy, dmitrkov, black6host, Razvan_N, xfint34, csuhi17

Offline firulais

Same problem on mine, I updated the firmware without a solution, then I downgraded it to a version older than the one it came with and the problem was not solved, removing the battery for a long time also had no effect

Offline xfint34

• Contributor
Oh I think I see the problem now.

Set the function generator back to square wave. There's a limitation that the other waveforms prevent the scope from going below 100us/div. So it won't be able to detect most signals except lower frequencies.

The following users thanked this post: RAPo

Offline csuhi17

• Frequent Contributor
If I remember correctly, this was not written in the early user manual, but now I found this line.

"Note: In the current mode, when the signal output waveform is pulse wave, sine wave, and sawtooth wave, the oscilloscope's maximum measurement time base is limited to 100us. If you switch to the restore time base, the signal output will be set to square wave."

Was this bug just swept under the carpet, or is there a proper explanation for why the signal generator behaves this way when you turn it on via the scope?
Fnirsi oscilloscope = waste&regret

Online RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
well, it is indicated in the dialog Menu|outoput|setting in Red that T/Div max to 100us/DIV.
So, not really under the carpet ;-)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2024, 03:19:07 pm by RAPo »

Offline sergkz

1.3.9  generator cannot be turned off

Online RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
I you set it to square wave you can set the horizontal scale to lower than 100us/Div

Offline deforme

Same problem on mine, I updated the firmware without a solution, then I downgraded it to a version older than the one it came with and the problem was not solved, removing the battery for a long time also had no effect

If you mean multimeter does not open, it means something is wrong between osiloscope and multimeter chip communication. it may be a failed ic or bad soldering.
I have just returned my own scope because of it.

Offline xfint34

• Contributor
Mine isn't accurate in scope mode? Or am I doing something noob again? It always measures at least 0.2v lower than the DC voltage I'm measuring.

I tried calibration and resetting to defaults. I tried a different probe that didn't come with the meter. Same results.

Offline xKertx

• Contributor
My unit measures the voltage correctly, but the V1.3.9 firmware is really slow and sluggish.
Sometimes the menu freezes and buttons have about 2-3sec lag.
The auto range on the scope takes forever and usually it does not detect even its own 1Khz test signal.
I can see the signal in manual mode, but when i press auto, the voltage/time ranges goes up to 100v/25ns and  obviously it can't show the test signal. So the auto function is totally unreliable and useless. It's almost impossible to capture a unknown signal in auto mode.
I really don't understand why they are wasting time to add new functions and "apps", when they should concentrate to get the basic stuff working reliably.

There is also a typo in the image viewer.
It says "Delate success" when i delete a screencapture.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2024, 05:21:32 pm by xKertx »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf