Author Topic: New Zoyi multimeter+oscilloscopes - ZT-70xS, up to 50MHz/250MSps (nov 2022)  (Read 272439 times)

Offline lchao

• Contributor
Re: New Zoyi multimeter+oscilloscopes - ZT-70xS, up to 50MHz/250MSps (nov 2022)
« Reply #300 on: February 28, 2024, 07:17:34 am »
V1.2.9 update content
1. Fixed the problem that when switching to multimeter mode, pressing F1 to F4 will cause the measurement items and the interface UI to be out of sync.
2. Optimize frequency measurement. When the frequency cannot be measured, the frequency value will become "--.--".
3. Optimize the AUTO strategy, which is faster and more accurate in identification.
4. Fix the problem that the frequency and time base are sometimes inaccurate in high-speed mode.
5. Fix the problem that the signal generator outputs an incorrect frequency in high-speed mode.
6. Fix the possibility that the U disk cannot be opened when FLASH prompts that there is insufficient memory.
Where did you get it from?

https://www.mydigit.cn/thread-438809-1-1.html

The following users thanked this post: ha_embedded

Offline Razvan_N

• Contributor
« Reply #301 on: February 28, 2024, 04:56:28 pm »
My 703S has a problem with the charging LED (underneath the translucid red power button). After a while it starts blinking randomly. Thinking the LED might have a problem, I put a green LED in parallel, and it blinks just like the red LED.
So it seems like the driving voltage itself is the culprit. I did not check the other side of the PCB, but from online sources I've seen no traces related to this LED.
This means its connections go through an intermediate layer that makes it very difficult to follow.
Anyone else having this problem? Any thoughts?

« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 05:46:11 pm by Razvan_N »

Offline kloetpatra

• Contributor
« Reply #302 on: February 28, 2024, 05:16:29 pm »
My 703S has a problem with the charging LED (underneath the translucid red power button). After a while it starts blinking randomly. Thinking the LED might have a problem, I put a green LED in parallel, and it blinks just like the red LED.
So it seems like the driving voltage itself is the culprit. I did not check the other side of the PCB, but from online sources I've seen no traces related to this LED.
This means its connections go through an intermediate layer that makes it very difficult to follow.
Any thoughts?

Well it must be going to the microcontroller. Can't you just find it with a continuity tester?

Offline Randy222

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #303 on: February 28, 2024, 06:18:55 pm »
Interesting the FW keeps getting smaller, V129 much smaller.

V127.ZTK bytes: 641256
V128.ZTK bytes: 640192
V129.ZTK bytes: 561512

The following users thanked this post: Razvan_N

Offline tunkTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #304 on: February 28, 2024, 06:26:45 pm »
My 703S has a problem with the charging LED (underneath the translucid red power button). After a while it starts blinking randomly.
If the charging IC is a TP4056, from some datasheets it suggests
that it's "BAT PIN Connect 10u Capacitance; No battery".

Offline Razvan_N

• Contributor
« Reply #305 on: February 28, 2024, 07:49:59 pm »
There's no TP4056 in sight, just a chip marked 4086B which I assume is the charger. Pin 2 is connected to a 474 resistor (470 kohms) that unfortunately does not lead to the LED (I checked the continuity). It probably leads to the microcontroller, then to the on-screen battery indicator and the button LED. I suppose the microcontroller is underneath the metal shield and I would not mess around unless I really have to and I do something that is documented.

Offline ha_embedded

• Contributor
« Reply #306 on: February 28, 2024, 08:06:31 pm »
My 703S has a problem with the charging LED (underneath the translucid red power button). After a while it starts blinking randomly.

Same behaviour here. I think it happens when the cell is at 4.2V and the current falls below the „fully charged“ threshold. The flashing stops after a few minutes (and probably comes back when the threshold is reached again due to discharge and settling).
So nothing to worry about, just a messy implementation without proper hysteresis for 100% charged. I have seen this on other products as well.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 08:09:57 pm by ha_embedded »

Offline lchao

• Contributor
« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2024, 08:09:02 pm »
Can this device handle x100 probe?
In the tech spec only x1 and x10 is mentioned, but on this official picture https://8164272.s21i.faiusr.com/2/ABUIABACGAAgrPLRrQYogsCewQMw0A840A8.jpg (source: http://www.szzotek.com/h-pd-127.html) x100 can be seen in the lower right corner of the screen. Here https://8164272.s21i.faiusr.com/2/ABUIABACGAAgrPLRrQYos5WJ2AMw0A840A8.jpg too.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 08:13:54 pm by lchao »

Offline ha_embedded

• Contributor
« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2024, 08:14:10 pm »
Just checked on my device, x100 not available (FW 1.2.9)

The following users thanked this post: lchao

Offline ha_embedded

• Contributor
« Reply #309 on: February 28, 2024, 08:16:10 pm »
Interesting the FW keeps getting smaller, V129 much smaller.

V127.ZTK bytes: 641256
V128.ZTK bytes: 640192
V129.ZTK bytes: 561512

Maybe someone in the development team discovered the compiler optimisation level.

Offline lchao

• Contributor
« Reply #310 on: February 28, 2024, 08:22:20 pm »

But why is it not on the regualt Zoyi site?

Even the domain registration info for szzotek is odd.

Who knows?! Even the official site just leads you to a google drive. And the v1.29 isn't available on either one, it just appeared on some Chinese forums...

Offline G-son

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #311 on: February 29, 2024, 11:06:07 am »
Can this device handle x100 probe?
Handle or handle? It should work fine with a 100X probe, it just won't adapt the voltage scale to show the actual voltage it it doesn't have a 100X mode. You need to do the X100 calculation yourself in that case, just like we did with most analog scopes of yesterday.

The following users thanked this post: elantric

Offline Randy222

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #312 on: February 29, 2024, 03:42:22 pm »

But why is it not on the regualt Zoyi site?

Even the domain registration info for szzotek is odd.

Who knows?! Even the official site just leads you to a google drive. And the v1.29 isn't available on either one, it just appeared on some Chinese forums...
I get how and where v1.2.9 showed up. If it's not from the vendor then you don't know what you're getting, at least from that user-vendor perspective.

The following users thanked this post: elantric

Offline kloetpatra

• Contributor
I get how and where v1.2.9 showed up. If it's not from the vendor then you don't know what you're getting, at least from that user-vendor perspective.
Well the changelog is there. If you mean in aspects of trust... you shouldn't trust a chinese vendor anyway. It's a multimeter with no network connectivity and got no camera and no microphone. It won't sniff data and it won't farm bitcoins. So you should be pretty safe.
I tried disassembling the firmware, but entropy says it's encrypted.

Offline Edmiri

• Contributor
Is the warranty voided if you flash firmware that you get on websites other that official website?

Offline Randy222

• Frequent Contributor
Is the warranty voided if you flash firmware that you get on websites other that official website?
If the unknown FW bricks it, and you claim warranty, and they find odd fw installed, no warranty.

Offline ha_embedded

• Contributor
There are only very few persons on this planet writing software for this device and most likely they are all employed at Zotektools.com. Software seems to be encrypted and packed into some special format. Zero chance someone outside the team would spread experimental risky software without permission. On the other hand you can probably not brick the device with any other  binary file that does not meet the package format.
If really the device bricks during or after the update I would simply return (if possible at all) as faulty without any comments on the software version. Would really someone take the effort and deeply dig into the (bricked) (single-chip) controller just to find out if an „official“ updates was installed?

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
C'mon guys, we're talking about cheap Chinese test equipment, typically purchased from Chinese marketplaces. Unless you're buying from Amazon or some established Western dealer, do you really expect warranty service at all, for any reason whatsoever? MAYBE you can get a damaged/DOA device replaced through the marketplace, if you're lucky. But getting service/support and a malfunctioning unit replaced later? Good luck.

And I say that as a Zoyi fan. I think they make pretty damn good gear in their price range. If it turns out they do provide timely support for such things, then I'll be an even bigger fan. But I have no real illusions about that.

Offline Randy222

• Frequent Contributor
C'mon guys, we're talking about cheap Chinese test equipment, typically purchased from Chinese marketplaces. Unless you're buying from Amazon or some established Western dealer, do you really expect warranty service at all, for any reason whatsoever? MAYBE you can get a damaged/DOA device replaced through the marketplace, if you're lucky. But getting service/support and a malfunctioning unit replaced later? Good luck.

And I say that as a Zoyi fan. I think they make pretty damn good gear in their price range. If it turns out they do provide timely support for such things, then I'll be an even bigger fan. But I have no real illusions about that.
True, but I do want it to work right, because I use it as a tool, and the "work right" code should come from the actual vendor, even if 26 other websites have the ZTK file that the vendor should be hosting on their site. ;)

Offline twern

It appears lots of people have bought from the SNAKOL site.

How about the ZOYI "Official Store?" Are they really "officially" the Zotek Tools store, whatever that means?

Anybody have experience with them?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 10:22:47 pm by twern »

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
It appears lots of people have bought from the SAKOL site.

How about the ZOYI "Official Store?" Are they really "officially" the Zotek Tools store, whatever that means?

Anybody have experience with them?

If you're talking about this store, then yes I have experience buying a couple of other DMMs from them. SNAKOL was the first Ali store to list the ZT-703S for sale (preorders, basically) which is why they got a lot of early orders. It took awhile for Zoyi's store to list it.

Offline mwb1100

• Frequent Contributor
Would really someone take the effort and deeply dig into the (bricked) (single-chip) controller just to find out if an „official“ updates was installed?

I'm reminded of: https://youtu.be/N0rOe59wKAc?t=41

"They got us workin' in shifts!"

Offline lchao

• Contributor
Have you seen that the Aneng version is also out? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006532737130.html
They don't sell it in a 2-probe version kit, price is in the same range as the Zoyi, but in the Aneng store you pay the shipping on top.

In the other official Zotek store https://thedmm.com/shop/zt-703s/ you can get the unit for $99 + $19 shipping if destination is in EU. In this price they offer an extra "waveform testing lead" + a 16 pcs testing leads set,  2 year warranty and automatic replacement of the unit instead of repair. This is quite a good package in my opinion.

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
Most Aneng products are Zoyi rebrands. They don't actually make their own stuff.

In the other official Zotek store https://thedmm.com/shop/zt-703s/ you can get the unit for $99 + $19 shipping if destination is in EU. In this price they offer an extra "waveform testing lead" + a 16 pcs testing leads set,  2 year warranty and automatic replacement of the unit instead of repair. This is quite a good package in my opinion.

Pretty sure that's not an "official" Zotek/Zoyi store. Just passing themselves off as such by trying to look official. TheDMM.com is a brand of zoyitools.com which states at the top of the page that they're an "agent" of Zoyi. The official Zoyi web site (outside of China/Asia) is zotektools.com. Zoyi is the company but they're not allowed to market outside of China as Zoyi, which is why they use the Zotek brand.

I see this with a number of Chinese dealers, pushing themselves as an official manufacturer site. It's pretty deceptive if you ask me, because at first glance it looks entirely official and people will be lured in by an assumption they are official. I see it in the test equipment space a lot, and also the 3D printer space with the likes of Creality -- for years that was a competing Creality "store" that was not affiliated with Creality in any way, but let people believe they were. They had a lot of customer service issues that Creality was constantly blamed for. Another example is siglent.eu, which some believe is Siglent's official Euro site, but is really a 3rd party distributor (a legitimate one, and they do have an "Authorized Distributor" badge on the web page, but it's just not obvious to everyone).

Offline Razvan_N

• Contributor
In the Measurements section, what is the difference between FCNT and FREQ? I'm translating the manual and I don't have the meter handy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf