Author Topic: Looking for service manual for Blackstar LDO 100 Oscillator  (Read 3307 times)

Offline deephavenTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Civilization is just one big bootstrap
    • Deephaven Ltd
Looking for service manual for Blackstar LDO 100 Oscillator
« on: March 02, 2014, 02:50:30 pm »
I have a Blackstar LDO 100 with a dead mains transformer. I could guess what the voltage ratings are, but it would be nice to see what they are supposed to be. So, does anyone know where I can get a service manual or know the transformer output windings?

Offline sync

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Looking for service manual for Blackstar LDO 100 Oscillator
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 03:05:58 pm »
http://elektrotanya.com/black_star_ldo100_low_distortion_oscillator_1996_sm.pdf/download.html
On this site it takes a few seconds till the download link "Get manual" appears.

• Frequent Contributor
    • Deephaven Ltd
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 03:39:33 pm »
http://elektrotanya.com/black_star_ldo100_low_distortion_oscillator_1996_sm.pdf/download.html
On this site it takes a few seconds till the download link "Get manual" appears.

Thanks for the quick reply. I did see that site before, but didn't wait long enough for the link to appear!

So, it seems like I need a transformer (I estimate 6VA) with a centre-tapped winding for +/- 15V DC supply and another for a +5V supply (after regulation). Anyone know a source?

Offline sync

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 04:13:25 pm »
Finding an off-the-shelf with these secondaries is difficult. But you can use two transformers. One for the +/-15V supply and one for the +5V. What's the problem with the original one?

Btw: the manual say the generator has 12VA.

• Frequent Contributor
    • Deephaven Ltd
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 04:43:45 pm »
Finding an off-the-shelf with these secondaries is difficult. But you can use two transformers. One for the +/-15V supply and one for the +5V. What's the problem with the original one?

Btw: the manual say the generator has 12VA.

Thanks, sync, sounds like an idea. The original transformer must have a shorted turn as it gets hot with nothing connected to the secondaries.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf