Author Topic: new killer scope in town - a true game changer from R&S - RTB2002 & RTB2004  (Read 892862 times)

alonsojar and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Gribo

• Frequent Contributor
Thanks, I used the HCOP:DATA? command.
I am available for freelance work.

Offline Ecogeek

• Contributor
I suspect the Fan model has been changed from early RTB to more recent. My unit arrived after 6 months on order in Jan 2023 and it is very quiet. Peaking inside the fan is also rubber mounted, but sorry no idea of the brand.

Online alonsojar

• Contributor
Re: new killer scope in town - a true game changer from R&S - RTB2002 & RTB2004
« Reply #3302 on: September 10, 2024, 03:34:44 pm »
Hi,
After more than 6 years in service I'd like to check if the button battery on the rtb2004 front board would need a replacement. No messages nor any problem arised by now.

The cell is easy to access once retired the back cover, but I'm not sure if removing it may delete any important record (like calibration or so) or it's just a RTC battery that in the worst case will reset the system date and time.
Of course the user manual doesn't even mention it.

Has anyone gone into this? Thanks!!

Alonso

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline Fenstergucker

• Contributor
    • Private Website
Re: new killer scope in town - a true game changer from R&S - RTB2002 & RTB2004
« Reply #3303 on: September 10, 2024, 05:08:25 pm »
Has anyone gone into this? Thanks!!

Changing the battery is not a problem. When the oscilloscope is switched on, a message appears if the date is invalid, indicating that some options have been deactivated. But everything still worked for me, and after setting the current date and restarting, everything works as usual.

Peter

The following users thanked this post: Fgrir, alonsojar

Online alonsojar

• Contributor
Changing the battery is not a problem. When the oscilloscope is switched on, a message appears if the date is invalid, indicating that some options have been deactivated.

Thank you Peter, I swapped the battery and all went smooth exactly as you said. Just for reference the battery was a Renata lithium 3V CR2032. It was still holding 2.95V, but replaced anyway to avoid leakage risks.

Alonso

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf