Author Topic: NEW Keysight HD3  (Read 50585 times)

ballsystemlord and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online ballsystemlord

• Regular Contributor
  • Student
Re: NEW Keysight HD3
« Reply #850 on: October 03, 2024, 09:28:21 pm »
I'll just say that someone likes to argue, without naming anyone in particular :)

Dave. It's gotta be Dave he's talking about. Why Dave, why?  >:D

Online Someone

• Super Contributor
    • send complaints here
« Reply #851 on: October 03, 2024, 09:46:55 pm »
More derailments?
Anyway, I don't think so. I think it was a sincere question
A sincere question that was strung along for multiple posts without adding the asked for context/explanation (still haven't at this point). How is that sincere? It's straight out troublemaking and the replies with their "lol" continued the trend. Why add more noise defending it? I've politely asked you to show the in the explanation where the context was provided, but you did not  (can not?).
There's also no example of the HD3 filtering or isolating frequencies, which was the question, and why it's not off topic.

The other models, mine included, are not awesome at doing that. Maybe they can, but not great. If the HD3 is better at it, that would make it a desirable product for that reason. I'm not sure what's hard to comprehend about that or why you think comparing this scope to another (where this scope has an opportunity to shine) is off topic. The point of these topics is literally to do that. It's not paid advertising, it's to learn more about specific tools and whether or not it's something that fits a user's needs.
Again, where is Martin72 trying to do any of that? Where is the information of what other scope cannot do that could be compared against? egonotto and I are trying to steer it back to the thread topic but instead you're trying to argue that everything is fine and there is no problem... noise on noise.

So, you claim that Martin72 has been on topic and posted legitamate questions/comparisons that we should consider. If that is so then why is it so hard to quote that and show it?

All I see is "nah cant do thing" with still no explanation of what this thing is and why it cant be done.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #852 on: October 03, 2024, 09:58:23 pm »
All I see is "nah cant do thing" with still no explanation of what this thing is and why it cant be done.

Well, whether I agree with your perspective on that or not (I don't), your comments weren't on topic or adding to the conversation in anyway. Just more noise. Myself, and others, understood what he was asking and investigated it with the scopes we have. Now somebody who both has the luxury of understanding, and an HD3 scope can also check.

Until then, this conversation is pointless. 🤷

ETA: In reply 822 you quoted his description of the problem, and said you could do it (without an example). In reply 824 he replied to you and said if the Keysight can do it, he would like to have one. I don't see what the issue is at all.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2024, 10:37:17 pm by KungFuJosh »
"Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

Online Someone

• Super Contributor
    • send complaints here
« Reply #853 on: October 03, 2024, 11:38:17 pm »
Well, whether I agree with your perspective on that or not (I don't), your comments weren't on topic or adding to the conversation in anyway. Just more noise. Myself, and others, understood what he was asking and investigated it with the scopes we have. Now somebody who both has the luxury of understanding, and an HD3 scope can also check.

Until then, this conversation is pointless. 🤷

ETA: In reply 822 you quoted his description of the problem, and said you could do it (without an example). In reply 824 he replied to you and said if the Keysight can do it, he would like to have one. I don't see what the issue is at all.
I still dont have the conditions under which a unamed/non-specific scope cant produce a 1kHz filtering. Why is this some secret information? If people say thing cant do thing and then do not explain what thing they are talking about and in what situation, then it is completely correct to ask for the information.

Instead we've had a pile of "nah cant do thing" and still no explanation of what that thing actually is.

You're saying it's all obvious and explained. So why cant you show it or quote it? Should be simple. You say my comments are off topic? which comment? All the option open for you to explain, but instead you use non-specific points same style as what started this confusion.

I've been consistently asking for the explanation of what challenges there are for low pass filtering in scopes. I have not come across them, yet a member claims they are so significant there is no scope they know of that can do it (plainly false).

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #854 on: Yesterday at 12:05:46 am »
I've been consistently asking for the explanation of what challenges there are for low pass filtering in scopes. I have not come across them, yet a member claims they are so significant there is no scope they know of that can do it (plainly false).

I told you the reply numbers that has that information. He has a signal that contains both a 10kHz sinewave, and a 400Hz sinewave. He wants to filter out the 10kHz sinewave so he can view the 400Hz wave. Preferably by trigger filter, but a math filter is the only way I can do it.

What other information do you need? You stated previously that you could do this also.
"Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before." - Steven Wright

Online Someone

• Super Contributor
    • send complaints here
« Reply #855 on: Yesterday at 04:57:57 am »

I told you the reply numbers that has that information. He has a signal that contains both a 10kHz sinewave, and a 400Hz sinewave. He wants to filter out the 10kHz sinewave so he can view the 400Hz wave. Preferably by trigger filter, but a math filter is the only way I can do it.

What other information do you need? You stated previously that you could do this also.
As I've been saying, that information as you have enumerated is a condition for various scopes in which there is no problem at all to filter. Yet, some people are claiming "cant be done", then won't add what is the actual problem or getting in their way. Just repeat "cant be done" with no more information.

If it cant be done then why can I do it with no problem? Even a lowly SDS1200X-E, still has an eres acquisition mode that makes it possible.

Online KungFuJosh

• Super Contributor
  • TEAS is real.
« Reply #856 on: Yesterday at 05:08:18 am »

As I've been saying, that information as you have enumerated is a condition for various scopes in which there is no problem at all to filter. Yet, some people are claiming "cant be done", then won't add what is the actual problem or getting in their way. Just repeat "cant be done" with no more information.

If it cant be done then why can I do it with no problem? Even a lowly SDS1200X-E, still has an eres acquisition mode that makes it possible.

How about sharing some examples and screenshots for the methods you use?

I shared what I did with math, but it wasn't ideal. Trigger filtering would be better, and I don't know what scopes can do that.

Online Someone

• Super Contributor
    • send complaints here
« Reply #857 on: Yesterday at 05:13:50 am »
How about sharing some examples and screenshots for the methods you use?
99% chance the person with the problem will reply with "no but that uses XXX or condition YYY which I cannot use for new reason never before shared"
If someone says it is impossible to do something and then multiple other people say why do you think it is so hard we can do that fine, can you not see where the problem is?

It is entirely right to call out the person making the unbelievable claim and ask them for the justification of their claim. Rather than ask everyone else to produce an exhaustive example of every single way it can be resolved (already plenty of examples in this thread, so there should be no question at this point).

Offline eplpwr

• Regular Contributor
  • Junior VoltNut
« Reply #858 on: Yesterday at 05:34:49 am »
Is this thread about the Keysight HD3?

The following users thanked this post: Someone

Online Anthocyanina

• Frequent Contributor
  • The Sara
« Reply #859 on: Yesterday at 08:36:56 am »
bringing this back to hd3 related stuff, did anyone ever get the /find/egg bits and bobs they said would give away to a few people posting on linkedin about finding the hd3 easter egg?

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #860 on: Yesterday at 08:58:45 am »
Is this thread about the Keysight HD3?
No, not anymore. Someone hyjacked it to instigate endless circular discussions while providing no meaningfull input by him/herself per usual MO.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

The following users thanked this post: KungFuJosh

Online EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #861 on: Yesterday at 11:17:17 pm »
Please keep this thread HD3 relevant. Thanks.

The following users thanked this post: tycoon_9

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf