Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 445613 times)

Offline Pierre74

Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1175 on: October 23, 2022, 08:08:16 pm »
Install fw3102 and try calibration again.
Read the FAQ on Page 8

Unfortunately this didn't help. I tried every possible combination of FW/SW also low level tools but the problem persist. Interesting is, if i change the vertical position of a channel, the change is not proportional. Like if i set vertical position to 0V on channel A, nothing connected to the probe, the yellow line stays at 2V. If is set offset to 1V, the yellow line moves to 2.1V. At about 2.2 V they meet, and then at 3V the yellow line is now 2.3V or something like that. The other channel behaves the same but with different proportions.
It seem as if a channel had a fix offset voltage and the vertical position now changed another offset on top of that but with much less power.
Since both channels does the same, and this happened during use, not after an upgrade, i suspect it's a hardware issue... Maybe somewhere in the offset signal generation part, around the opamp U20.2 - that's the only common thing in both channels offset circuit...

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1176 on: October 23, 2022, 08:51:19 pm »
Then it seems a hardware failure...
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline morgan_flint

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1177 on: October 24, 2022, 10:16:01 am »
OK, my scope is back up and running...
I changed it with a through-hole 817C I had in my parts bin and the PS came back to life.
It now has stable output voltages.
Congrats! Good to know the optocoupler is prone to failure.

If I supply +5V to the mainboard, the scope boots up and freezes at the HW initialize phase. I guess it needs the 8V rails.
I'm now checking the components on the PS board. The diodes look fine ...
Somebody also reported freezes when the power supply's TR signal (for line trigger) was absent, this could also be the cause of your freezing but, on the other hand, I've tested grounding this signal and the scope booted without problems

Offline dirtmover

• Contributor
« Reply #1178 on: October 25, 2022, 01:17:18 pm »
Surely Hantek provides at least a 1 year warranty? (but maybe not, I couldn't find any warranty info from a quick googling)

According to the warranty card that came with mine it's 3 years on the scope and 1 year on accessories. Of course, given the abysmal level of ongoing customer support they currently provide, I expect that warranty probably isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1179 on: October 25, 2022, 01:33:26 pm »
Huh? Probably stolen paper, printed by kidnapped kids.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline badbod

• Contributor
    • BaDboD
« Reply #1180 on: October 28, 2022, 01:17:31 pm »
DSO2D15 arriving tomorrow...   eeekk..  can't wait....  seriously,   who could?  I mean, let's be real,  DOOM !!!!!!!

il do the boring stuff first, check some wave forms and whatever,  dump the firmware with DavidAlphas hard work and upload it etc,  but then the serious work, the whole reason we are here,  DOOM!!!!

hmm given the scope does seem a bit noisy (by all accounts) then I guess it is gonna be hard to work out idle time,  think DOOM Screensaver!!!!

BaDboD

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1181 on: October 28, 2022, 03:48:01 pm »
That's a pretty expensive DOOM running device though :-DD

Offline badbod

• Contributor
    • BaDboD
« Reply #1182 on: October 28, 2022, 04:19:34 pm »
getting a good framerate , 1993, PC eerr, yah no comparison, this is way cheap. Wonder if we can get Jetpac (ZX-Spectrum) qemu Z80?  nope, DOOM!!! enough. Ideas on making it a screensaver, pretty sure some answer to the fact the CPU is never idle.

can we hook the trigger event?  Squinting at code apprehensively, but if there is an event for trigger, and we dont see any for a while,  BOOM!!  DOOM!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 04:33:27 pm by badbod »

Offline badbod

• Contributor
    • BaDboD
« Reply #1183 on: October 28, 2022, 04:49:52 pm »
What governor is the kernel using?

(prelim investigation while awaiting arrival of the specimen to give it a good probing)

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1184 on: October 28, 2022, 05:57:11 pm »
All the keys are functional, there's a picture in the Doom folder showing them.
Governor? 100% speed all the time.

Offline badbod

• Contributor
    • BaDboD
« Reply #1185 on: October 29, 2022, 05:27:08 am »
ok, it has arrived.

DSO2D15
Software: 1.0.2.0.0(220831.00)
Hardware: 003.002.001.000.000.000.000.001
Firmware: 3205

now to bone up on the FAQ and back it up before I start pounding it looking for bugs  :-)
I think IIRC the soft and firm are the latest you already have? FAQ time.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 05:46:28 am by badbod »

Offline badbod

• Contributor
    • BaDboD
« Reply #1186 on: October 29, 2022, 10:40:25 am »
Anyone know how to get the Hantek software working?
Keysight Connection manager does not see it, the device is shown in device manager after installing Keysight IO Suite ( Hantek supplied and the latest from Keysight ):
  USB Test and Measurement Device(IVI)

Windows 11 22H2

Searches are fruitless :-(
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 11:32:28 am by badbod »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1187 on: October 29, 2022, 02:22:10 pm »
Try latest IO library suite from Keysight.
Working for me, also with Win11 Pro 21H2
Tested in several USB ports, 2.0 and 3.0, the device was instantly recogniced in all of them.

I remember having a lot of trouble with the Hantek-supplied version, having to re-install the suite everytime I plugged the scope.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 03:31:55 pm by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: Aldo22

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1188 on: October 29, 2022, 06:24:57 pm »
So I did my best to figure out a safe and simple way of triggering a factory reset from inside.
Relying on a computer to fix it is very inconvenient, what if you don't have any nearby?
So I used a early system poweroff/reset detection.
If the system hangs after the second Hantek logo, or the user interface stops responding, power it off several times following the instructions.
I added visual feedback by toggling the backlight when the detection is triggered.

Hopefully, with Factory Reset Daemon, we will rarely need to use Platform-tools again!
As always, available on the FAQ section.

Procedure in action:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 02:54:49 pm by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt, morgan_flint

Offline badbod

• Contributor
    • BaDboD
« Reply #1189 on: October 30, 2022, 05:44:00 am »
 yes, thanks for confirming. That was the the first one I tried, then the Hantek supplied one (just an older version)  Very weird, I got it working anyway with the latest 2022 update 2 from Keysight after removing/re-installing every driver for every device in the system, not used to having problems installing drivers for anything, was a real 'remove driver, update driver, re-install drivers many times' fest.

First problem (hardware), being detected as a device by windows.

USB2 Mainboard, will not detect in one port, fine in the port next to it, fine with unpowered hub of any USB version in both ports.
USB3 Mainboard,  ^^^^^   exactly the same no difference some ports fine other nada, all good with a hub
Extension cables or  A->B cables: only supplied cable worked, all cables work if hub (powered or not,USB2 or 3)

-- Works fine in either USB2 or USB3 and generally if you have any problems you NEED a hub? err , hmm, yeh

Second problem (windows) once correctly detected as shown by device manager;  getting it detected by Keysight IO connection expert.

Something in the driver stack refused to allow keysight IO to talk to the device even though correctly detected by windows. Event Viewer was it's usual 'as helpful as a stab in the eye' I still don't know what the fix was. Not my initial suspicion of Core Isolation or WSL2 (desktop runs in 'virtual' if you install WSL2)  nor safe boot, which it wouldn't be anyway, the IO libraries are recent and signed.

good news though, the Hantek 6022BE worked fine no matter what I did, could not get it to fail. both hardware and software are way more robust. :-)

Did you want a copy of this backup? You seem to have these or newer version already. But if there is anything to be gleamed from a current factory state backup, it is all yours if you want it. The scope has been on for 24 hours, I have been twiddling asll the knobs, no crashing or bugs as I can find.
 I would need to step back through the various threads and test each scenario, but everything seems fine, offset all good,  low noise (earth needs checking , low noise with USB cable plugged in or attaching an earth anywhere actually so I think it is not connected in the unit? obs quite noisy without an earth)

Regards
BaDboD
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 05:59:28 am by badbod »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1190 on: October 30, 2022, 07:23:12 am »
If your software or firmware versions are already available, I don't need anything, but thanks anyways!

Offline Russ3000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1191 on: October 30, 2022, 07:44:06 am »
I'm currently at work on my V2 version. :) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)
I modified the native power supply, the result is positive, it heats up less and the signals become cleaner.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1192 on: October 30, 2022, 07:56:53 am »
I did the same long time ago, added more ferrite beads, placed lots of tantalum capacitors all over the board, no difference.
Some people have tried toroidal transformers with linear regulators, also with minimal impact.

Likely the noise is induced by the board itself by nearby digital signals from the SPI, i2c, LCD...

Perhabs adding a ferrite bead to the LCD rubbing cable would help, but I definitely don't expect easy miracles.

Also this is a 2-layer board, where a 4-layer pcb would provide much better shielding.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 08:02:30 am by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt

Offline Russ3000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1193 on: October 30, 2022, 08:32:08 am »
I replaced the diodes on the secondary side of the power supply with more powerful and faster ones, this helped with its overheating, and at the same time improved the quality of the power supply and the picture on the screen. It's a pity, but I did not take pictures of the screen before the rework for comparison.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1194 on: October 30, 2022, 09:11:22 am »
People is obsessed with these diodes.
Not denying the temperature, but I'm still waiting for the first case of failure ::)

Offline badbod

• Contributor
    • BaDboD
« Reply #1195 on: October 31, 2022, 12:27:54 pm »
R.E the unreliable USB, the supplied USB cable is junk. Lucky my grandad had one of these antiques lying around I could test with. Ill have to see if these relics of yore can still be obtained in a high quality version but I imagine even gold plate, audiophile grade USB connectors, would have rusted from the inside by now.  Ill do that after I finish demagnetizing my CD collection for less hiss, broader sound-stage and lower THD.   :-)

BaDboD
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 12:30:45 pm by badbod »

Offline Russ3000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1196 on: November 01, 2022, 09:17:42 am »
That's a pretty expensive DOOM running device though :-DD
Convenient phone charger.  :-+

Online BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1197 on: November 01, 2022, 02:27:28 pm »
Convenient phone charger.  :-+
But not reliable.  :-DD
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Offline Russ3000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1198 on: November 02, 2022, 08:33:06 am »
DSO2D15
SN 221002902xxxx
S  1.0.2.0.0.(220921.00)
H  003.002.001.000.000.000.000.001
F  3205

What is missing?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1199 on: November 02, 2022, 02:24:31 pm »
Seems fine  :-+

Edit: New software update available: 2022.10.28
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 02:33:30 pm by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf