Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 445690 times)

Offline arturmariojr

• Contributor
  • Passionate on electronics and calculators!
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1125 on: August 30, 2022, 12:58:10 pm »
I did the replacement of switching power supply as I said before. :-+
I also followed the recomendations of taking the TR  signal from secondary of "digital" transformer (I used two transformers of 6+6 VAC). :-+

(But all of this resulted in no better performance: the spikes signal is still present at high frequencies measurement and low memory depth. :palm:) - not real - the spikes almost have gone.

I understimated the necessary current for +5V digital source, and it is more than 1A, so, the LM7805 is getting too hot and there is a terrible ripple on this line (I filtered using 4700uF capacitor). I replaced the LM7805 by LD1085 - V36 - a 3A adjustable linnear regulator.

Also, I put a filter taken from a plasma TV before power supply.

I noted in your schematic that you use 7808 and 7908. I believe they are not neccessary, as this voltage lines will just be regulated to +5 and -5Vdc for analog inputs. :o
For last, C30, C31 and C27 are too big. I have read that large capacitors can cause a reverse current blowing the regulators in the case the voltage on their output gets higger than on inputs. So, I belive 22uF is enough. This problema also repats on original capacitors in main board after +5 and -5Vdc regulators - I replaced then for smaller ones.

Also, I did not understand why the second 7808 regulator in your second circuito, as we have only one +8Vdc (I repeat, it's not neccessary to regulate this output, I believe).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 10:30:11 am by arturmariojr »

Offline ShedSynth

• home-knitted Eurorack modular synthesizer
    • ShedSynth
« Reply #1126 on: August 30, 2022, 04:51:04 pm »
Is there any protection on the DSO2D10's TRIGGER input?

In the Technical Specifications section of the manual, the Maximum Input Voltage for CH1 and CH2 inputs is specified as 300V.

Elsewhere in the manual it says “The external trigger signal must be a 0-3.3V [CMOS] waveform.” But that does not specify whether that is the operating range or the maximum input voltage, and whether harm would be caused by a higher voltage.
In my case I'd like to trigger the other channels on a simple +5V gate signal.

Offline morgan_flint

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1127 on: August 30, 2022, 06:34:57 pm »
The complete schematics are in this post (thanks to pcprogrammer). The trigger input is here.

According to the schematic, not a great protection, just diodes to +-5V, and to +-3.3V after the relay. Higher voltages than +-3.3V from a source capable of supplying more than a few mA would probably blow these diodes and more things after them...

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt, pcprogrammer, ShedSynth

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1128 on: August 30, 2022, 06:35:54 pm »
See the schematic here https://github.com/pecostm32/Hantek_DSO2000/blob/main/Schematics/Mainboard/Waveform%20Generator.png

There are diodes to analog +5V and -5V, and when relay is set to external trigger there are diodes to +3V3 and ground.

After that is goes to the FPGA https://github.com/pecostm32/Hantek_DSO2000/blob/main/Schematics/Mainboard/Data_Acquisition.png

Edit1: morgan_flint beat me to the punch :-DD
Edit2: Well there is the extra ~50 ohms resistor in series, so a little bit extra protection.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 06:39:26 pm by pcprogrammer »

The following users thanked this post: ShedSynth

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1129 on: September 03, 2022, 08:49:47 am »
Not sure if it's related to the last update, I developed a small tachometer and used the gen to simulate the pulses.
The scope always freezed after 10-15 minutes, never did before, yet to test if its being caused by the generator or happens anytime.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline uski

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1130 on: September 03, 2022, 02:48:25 pm »
Not sure if it's related to the last update, I developed a small tachometer and used the gen to simulate the pulses.
The scope always freezed after 10-15 minutes, never did before, yet to test if its being caused by the generator or happens anytime.

I ordered a DS2C10 because I am not at home for a few weeks and needed a super basic scope to tinker a bit. Wanted to spend as little as possible.
This type of comment tells me that I just signed for a wild ride :-DD I wonder if the engineers at Hantek are testing the scope

Offline michal_nt1

• Contributor
« Reply #1131 on: September 05, 2022, 10:20:28 am »
Hello,

I'm having an issue with 2 mV range. This is a 10 mV sine wave signal from external generator. When only the first channel is enabled the scope shows amplitude of 5 mV (pk-pk) but when I also  enable second channel the amplitude goes to roughly 10 mV (which would be ok...) .
Any range above 2mV works ok.  Does one channel affect the other in your scopes in 2 mV range too ?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 07:12:28 am by michal_nt1 »

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1132 on: September 05, 2022, 12:23:44 pm »
Does one channel affect the other in your scopes in 2 mV range too ?
No, I don't see this on my device.

The following users thanked this post: michal_nt1

Offline michal_nt1

• Contributor
« Reply #1133 on: September 06, 2022, 07:37:31 am »
Thanks much !

Offline Pierre74

« Reply #1134 on: September 09, 2022, 11:19:06 am »
Hi guys,
i recently bought a DSO2D10 which worked flawlessly for a week or so. I calibrated it without problem when i first tried it. I updated the software to the newest on found on Hantek site (20220517). Is far as i remember the original one was 220218? Unfortunately i didn't make a photo of that.
After one week of use, in between a measurement suddenly strange DC offsets appeared on both channels: 20V on CH1@10V/div and -16V on CH2@10V/div.
If i change the V/div these offsets change, but mostly remain seen as 2 divs and -1.5 divs on the channels. If i move the vertical position the signals will move closer/further to the offset indicator (on the left side with 1 and 2 in it).
I tried to calibrate (waited to warm up) but it gave me error 511d1.
I since tried all possible combination of firmware / software, even tried the platform tools, but the problem didn't go away.
I'd be glad if you could give me some advice what to do with it. 

Offline uski

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1135 on: September 10, 2022, 11:06:09 pm »
Removal of any identifying marks seems to be common practice in China, to slow down products from being copied and reproduced at a lower cost by their grey markets. Even with genuine and resonably well made products. Aliexpress in rife with low quality variations and clones.

Sharing a story... many years ago, I had a side gig which consisted of making electronics for a certain niche market.
I didn't make a fortune, but it really helped me at the time.

It was before cheap PCB assembly at low volumes was available for cheap in the western world so I was building the electronics myself.
It was also before microcontrollers, secure boot and all that stuff, so designs were particularly vulnerable to copying.
And once that happens, unless you were a company with big pockets, it was very hard if not impossible to make it stop.

The build process did include a step of scratching the markings of a certain critical component...

Fast forward a few years, I end up on a forum where people describe my design, start to reverse engineer it and were stuck on the mystery IC.

Could they have redesigned the product ? Certainly. But higher effort.
Could they have found out what the chip was ? Certainly. But higher effort.
Would they have sold a copycat product if they found what it was ? Maybe not. But maybe yes...

In China, copying is rampant, it's not a secret. And many international buyers are totally ok buying copied products... so there is a market for it... in fact, many buyers don't even know who invented the product first.

So, I totally understand why some companies do it. Actively obfuscating company IP/secrets.

I am sure many of you working in the industry also know that component selection is a critical design input parameter especially for high volume, and/or cost-critical designs.

Another variation of the situation is when companies have an invention... but choose not to patent it. Because in some situations, publishing the secrets would make it trivial to copy them, and litigation would not necessarily be trivial or cheap. In some cases, if the inner working or details of the invention are not published, it is hard to copy. So it's also a form of passive obfuscation.

I don't blame Hantek for that. I think we should focus the blame on the buggy firmware and possibly flawed design leading to a variety of weird issues (see this thread, random DC offsets, huge noise on the waveform at certain sampling parameters but not others, ...)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 11:20:03 pm by uski »

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1136 on: September 11, 2022, 04:32:19 am »
If you look at what these scopes are intended to be, it's impressive for the price they are asking.  I hope they eventually get it right as this is a path in to analytic equipment on a budget we've not seen before.

I have a couple of Hantek branded products that, for their price, I am very happy with.  A 70MHz 4ch USB scope and a AC/DC current probe.  Together they did not cost $300.  Are they as nice as the equivalent from Agilent of Rhode and Schwartz?  No way, but for my purposes for these items they were affordable.  Do R&S or Agilent (sorry .. Keysight) make even an AC/DC probe for under $1000, let alone a 4ch. scope with serial decoding, fft, and data logging thrown in.   :scared:  Yeah, maybe for 20 times what I paid this for equipment that I use at a hobbyist level just once in a while.

There is room for this, and I applaud Hantek for trying to bring it to market.  I just think they may have bitten off too much on this effort.

I recently paid out about $3K on new Siglent equipment.  What I got would have cost me easily $15K-$20K from Keysight/R&S/Tek.  Sorry, as a retired slouch playing around in my basement I simply can't afford the "premium" big name gear.

If the big guy's wanted to get into the basement hobbyist business they could.  They have no desire to address that market and willingly leave it open to the likes of Hantek.

Good all around.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 04:35:51 am by BillyO »
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Offline uski

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1137 on: September 11, 2022, 10:54:14 pm »
Agreed. There is absolutely a market for this type of equipment. In fact, the reason I bought one is because I intend to leave it at some relative's home abroad that I am sometimes visiting, so I can tinker a bit and fix things while I am there, without having to pay for a full lab. Thinking about it... I never thought it was economically feasible to have a second lab. It is ! So thank you Hantek. But please, please, fix the bugs. If you don't want to fix them, open source your stuff for others to do it.

Offline JohnC

• Contributor
« Reply #1138 on: September 14, 2022, 10:44:06 am »
I know I can get one of these for <$400 or so, but I'm wondering if I should pony up for the Jaycar model. I feel much more secure with the idea of buying an expensive instrument like this from a B&M store, even if the pricing is a tad outrageous. $549 is at the upper end of my budget,

$400 WTF ??

FYI, you can buy the DSO2C10 on Ebay Australia for AUD $275 including delivery. (Equivalent to USD $185)

Currently there's 2 listings, actually the same seller:
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw=Hantek+DSO2000&_sacat=0&LH_PrefLoc=1

They are local AU stock, delivered ex-Sydney within 2-3 days. They have European plug (just use your own IEC 3-pin kettle cord). I bought one using a recent 20% off eBay coupon from "Infinity Store", so it was even cheaper!

My 2C10 included the AWG Hardware inside, and updated cleanly to a 2D15 using David Alfa's "2D15 Conversion" UPK from his Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vYFqXzPl2nOZJnx58TLhZa37cmvpqkPY

I certainly can't see the point of paying AUD $400-500 for one of these.

Offline uski

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1139 on: September 14, 2022, 09:56:37 pm »
Finally got my DS2C10, I mean DS2D15 :-DD

It had the DAC populated it from the factory. Did a full backup as per the FAQ, and changed it to a 2D15 with no issues.

I tried the AWG and it seemed that it was calibrated because if I asked it 2 volts, it gave me 2 volts... although I didn't check down to the millivolt.
I suspect it's calibrated, but didn't find a way to check easily without connecting a terminal to the scope to get a shell (if someone tells me how to unpack the eeprom dump upk, and where to look inside it, I can check)

It came with firmware 3204 from the factory.

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1140 on: September 15, 2022, 01:12:40 pm »
I suspect it's calibrated, but didn't find a way to check easily without connecting a terminal to the scope to get a shell (if someone tells me how to unpack the eeprom dump upk, and where to look inside it, I can check)
To get the eeprom dump file you don't need to unpack the eeprom dump upk. To get this damp you can use the dso3kb_PT24C02_damp.upk. You could also use dso3kb_cache_copy.upk to get /cache/dds_calbration.dat. You can than compare the contents of the dso3kb_PT24C02_damp.bin and  the dds_calbration.dat files (see the Generator calibrating check.doc) to check generator calibration.

The following users thanked this post: vzayka

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1141 on: September 15, 2022, 01:36:50 pm »
To unpack the eeprom dump upk you can use the extract.bat (created by andry2pda from 4pda forum) from the Windows_UPK_extract_tool.zip (unpack this archive in the folder for instance c:/Test. Before unpacking this archive download Windows_UPK_extract_tool.z01.zip and Windows_UPK_extract_tool.z02.zip which are posted next and delete .zip in names of these files). You find the eeprom dump in the /CNXXXXXXXXXXXXX_eeprom/package/ee.bin file. You could also unpack one of two upk backup files dso3kb_CNxxxxxxxxxxxxx.upk or dso3kb_CNxxxxxxxxxxxxx_FULL.upk to get dds_calbration.dat file from the /CNXXXXXXXXXXXXX/package/backup.tar.gz. You can than compare the contents of the ee.bin and  the dds_calbration.dat files (see the Generator calibrating check.doc in the Windows_UPK_extract_tool.zip) to check generator calibration.

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1142 on: September 15, 2022, 01:38:52 pm »
The second part of the Windows_UPK_extract_tool.zip archive.

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1143 on: September 15, 2022, 01:39:38 pm »
The third part of the Windows_UPK_extract_tool.zip archive.

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1144 on: September 15, 2022, 04:24:57 pm »
Just install the USB console package and check the files, couldn't be easier!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 04:27:24 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1145 on: September 16, 2022, 12:36:40 pm »
Just install the USB console package and check the files, couldn't be easier!
DavidAlfa, how could I check the dds_calbration.dat file and the PT24C02 content using the USB console and Putty terminal (I've all installed) under Windows OS?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1146 on: September 16, 2022, 02:28:00 pm »
If it did 2V when requesting 2V, that's fine.. usually an uncalibrated gen gets noticeably off.
Don't expect mV accuracy, anyways.

Run:
Code: [Select]
hexdump /cache/dds_calbration.dat
Calibrated example:
0000000 0010 0010 0000 0000 df01 de6d a938 3fea
0000010 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000020 7d7c 4bad f88d 402a

If no calibrated, that file migh not exist at all, or maybe show:
0000000 1000 1000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 f03f
0000010 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000
0000020 0000 0000 0000 0000

Or it might have random/default calibration values.

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1147 on: September 16, 2022, 03:25:09 pm »
Run:
hexdump /cache/dds_calbration.dat
OK. Thanks. So, what I've got for the dds_calbration.dat with the PuTTY and with a HEX-Editor under Windows (it looks a bit different):
But what about the content of PT24C02? Could I see this with PuTTY?

Offline vzayka

« Reply #1148 on: September 16, 2022, 03:35:26 pm »
So, what I've got for the dds_calbration.dat with the PuTTY and with a HEX-Editor under Windows (it looks a bit different):
Try to use
hexdump -C /cache/dds_calibration.dat
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 03:47:18 pm by vzayka »

Online DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1149 on: September 16, 2022, 03:58:01 pm »
That's fine, calibration is different for each device.
The endianess is different in ARM and x86
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 04:00:05 pm by DavidAlfa »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf