Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 465020 times)

Offline upsss

• Regular Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #575 on: July 16, 2021, 09:24:04 pm »
@DavidAlfa, Where do you get the 20210714 update?  The latest update on the Hantek download is only 20210416.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #576 on: July 16, 2021, 10:23:31 pm »
I'd like to have a file like dso3kb_FWxxxx.upk to change only FW version. My FW version is b000. So I attach the file backup_psram_board_test.fs.bin to this message. Thank's a lot.
Done! :-+

On the contrary, I have a problem with this firmware - the front USB is blocked until you press "update", and the rear USB icon is constantly on.

Let me guess, is yours FW3200?
Because that's exatcly what happens to me with the latest versions, having FW3000.

@DavidAlfa, Where do you get the 20210714 update?  The latest update on the Hantek download is only 20210416.

These updates come from hantek support email. People complain, hantek sends a test/updated FW, and it arrives to me somehow :D.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 10:39:02 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline nodi75

« Reply #577 on: July 17, 2021, 02:27:35 pm »
Hi all,
would it be safe to assume that with the latest updates, the lock-ups should at least be much reduced? I received my DSO2D10 yesterday, and the best way to describe it is unusable. It freezed so frequently as to be essentially useless (basically all I had to do was change the vertical position of CH1 a bit to trigger a freeze fairly reliably). So I updated, first with the latest version from the Hantek site, then with 20210714. I also installed the lockup monitor hack.

All this seems to have made no difference at all. It will still lock up in the same way, and just as often. The lockup monitor does not seem to do anything; I still need to power cycle every time.

Is it possible that I've got myself a particularly bad lemon here?

The FPGA bitstream revision is 3200.

Cheers,
nodi

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #578 on: July 17, 2021, 05:41:15 pm »
Did you make a backup with backup builder before anything else, right?
What's yoru FW version in utility /system info? I guess is FW3000, seem to be the problematic ones.
Try flashing platform-tools-20210129.
After that run the backup package (Not the FULL one) to restore fw, sn, model...
Then:
- For FW3200, run 20210510, then 20210705. Your fw will change to 3202, it's ok.
- For other FW version, run 20210416. You might also try 20210714.

Lockup monitor only works when the process crashes and closes, which is the most common.
But sometimes it hangs instead crashing, so it won't detect the issue.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 05:48:12 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline popy5

• Contributor
« Reply #579 on: July 17, 2021, 05:51:12 pm »
Hi all,
would it be safe to assume that with the latest updates, the lock-ups should at least be much reduced? I received my DSO2D10 yesterday, and the best way to describe it is unusable. It freezed so frequently as to be essentially useless (basically all I had to do was change the vertical position of CH1 a bit to trigger a freeze fairly reliably). So I updated, first with the latest version from the Hantek site, then with 20210714. I also installed the lockup monitor hack.

All this seems to have made no difference at all. It will still lock up in the same way, and just as often. The lockup monitor does not seem to do anything; I still need to power cycle every time.

Is it possible that I've got myself a particularly bad lemon here?

The FPGA bitstream revision is 3200.

Cheers,
nodi

Hi nodi75,

my DSO2D15 that also came with v3200 firmware had the same problems (see here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-hantek-dso2x1x-models/msg3591243/#msg3591243). So I contacted Hantek with the first three bugs I found and they sent me some updates which solved those crashes by moving the channel 1 position knob.

Both the firmware update and the software update that they sent me (first I applied the firm one, then the soft), are the following (all of them and some more are compiled in DavidAlfa's GDrive):

fpga fw update (solve my issues 2 and 3): dso3kb_20210630_auto_update_fpga.upk (updated from 3200 to 3202)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HWxfuqWcFdJljvUTQCt1FOSJr9wd6un9

I think there should be no incompatibility for you to install it... as I say, in my case it solved the crashing issues by moving the channel 1 position knob.

Offline nodi75

« Reply #580 on: July 17, 2021, 07:17:48 pm »
Hi popy5 - thank you very much, as opposed to various software revisions, updating to FPGA 3202 seems to have done the trick - the constant lock-ups appear to have gone - brilliant! I'm now on software 20210705 and FGPA 3202. Fingers crossed!

Cheers,
nodi

Offline nodi75

« Reply #581 on: July 19, 2021, 12:02:02 am »
An lemon alright. After the FPGA update it worked like a charm - for a while. Now it's just dead. I must have power cycled it about 20 times since my last update - without a single problem. Now it suddenly won't power up any more. And by that I mean not so much as a peep or one lit up pixel.

I'll open it up and check the basics tomorrow, but this is beyond all reasonable pessimism. I mean I know this a low end product targeted at hobbyists. I can live with a few quirks. But this?

And WTF were they thinking shipping this to the UK with a Schuko plug and and an ungrounded adapter? Is this even legal? I’m using my own grounded UK to C13 cable obviously, so that’s not the problem here, but that doesn’t seem right.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #582 on: July 19, 2021, 04:29:34 am »
That's werid. The hw design is pretty acceptable. I mean no crazy hacks like most chinese cheap market.
Before opening anything... check that you have voltage at the connector! Sometimes the most simple things are done last...  :-DD

Offline popy5

• Contributor
« Reply #583 on: July 19, 2021, 06:28:25 pm »
An lemon alright. After the FPGA update it worked like a charm - for a while. Now it's just dead. I must have power cycled it about 20 times since my last update - without a single problem. Now it suddenly won't power up any more. And by that I mean not so much as a peep or one lit up pixel.

I'll open it up and check the basics tomorrow, but this is beyond all reasonable pessimism. I mean I know this a low end product targeted at hobbyists. I can live with a few quirks. But this?

And WTF were they thinking shipping this to the UK with a Schuko plug and and an ungrounded adapter? Is this even legal? I’m using my own grounded UK to C13 cable obviously, so that’s not the problem here, but that doesn’t seem right.

Try to send a message (with your oscilloscope serial number, firm and sof versions) to support@hantek.com.

In the forum at EEDiscuss (https://www.eediscuss.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=15609&extra=page%3D1) there is a message with problems like yours and someone "from hantek" has asked for that information.

Offline nodi75

« Reply #584 on: July 19, 2021, 06:52:45 pm »
@DavidAlfa @popy5

Cheers guys. The thing's definitely gone AWOL; not a peep from it. I already tried mailing Hantek support but no response so far. I'll try to invoke warranty first, so I won't open it for the time being.

Offline nodi75

« Reply #585 on: July 21, 2021, 07:53:53 am »
Got a response from Hantek support! They are trying to help and they're very liberal with inofficial/unreleased software versions, I have to give them that.

And they have a sense of humor too! I explained that the device does not power on any more, neither in regular mode, nor does it show up on the USB in FEL boot mode. It's just dead.

Whereupon they sent me an .upk to install.  :palm:

Offline Piton

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #586 on: July 21, 2021, 08:45:28 am »
Let them also say thanks to DavidAlfa for doing the work for them to curb this wild creature.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #587 on: July 21, 2021, 06:14:07 pm »
if they released the source code we would make a truly beast  :-+

Offline nodi75

« Reply #588 on: July 21, 2021, 09:50:06 pm »
if they released the source code we would make a truly beast  :-+

I bet the annoying quirks such as the freezes would be flushed out in no time.

You've ported all sorts of things to this SoC as I understand. Forgive my ignorance, but I have to ask - there is a linux kernel, a toolchain and access to the graphics stack available for the Allwinner then? And it doesn't all seem to be terribly well hidden away either, the .upks appear to be just archives with binaries and shell scripts in them. From your doom demo it is obvious that you can even query the buttons/encoders. Is it just the FPGA bitstream and interface to the AFE then that is the missing magic spice here?

And yes, thanks for all your work in getting these things up and running  :-+

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #589 on: July 22, 2021, 12:33:22 am »
I really have very little knowledge about Linux.
Neither I ported anything, just cross-compiled code using arm-linux-gnueabi toolchain, but modifying  little to nothing.
I've drop a lot of hours over it, definitely not my place.

Graphics stack? Toolchain? As far as I know there's nothing official, allwinner drivers are usually non-existent, as well as their support.
I doubt hantek is using the graphics hardware, it seems it's a plain frame buffer, and all the work is done by the CPU.
It doesn't even support double buffering, so I'm 99.9% sure.
I've played with few graphics libraries in this thing...
LVGL seems to be the fastest. I just ran some demos.
And that already required a lot of time because the documentation was obsolete, so the variables, functions, were named differently. Argg the Linux thing... |O
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 11:02:40 am by DavidAlfa »

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #590 on: July 22, 2021, 02:47:12 pm »
I really have very little knowledge about Linux.

LVGL seems to be the fastest. I just ran some demos.
And that already required a lot of time because the documentation was obsolete, so the variables, functions, were named differently. Argg the Linux thing... |O

I hear you ;D That is why I wrote my own simple display lib for the FNIRSI-1013D reversal. Have looked into SDL and LVGL but that would also have taken its time to get up and running. As for linux on such a light weight cpu, it works but not my thing.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #591 on: July 23, 2021, 09:26:35 pm »
Oh, Lvgl is really nice! I might use it to make a gui for updates and patches.
Have you tried the demos? Compiling is easy once you properly found the correct defines and set up the project.
I'm using eclipse. I can send you the compiled files and rready to import eclipse project if you want to try.
You'll only need to install the compiler (sudo apt install gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi), eclipse and maybe java.

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #592 on: July 24, 2021, 04:39:10 am »
Hi David, I'm sure it is a nice lib. Have looked at the demo's but did not try them. I have the necessary software running on one of my machines, so can play with your files. I will send you my email via a personal message.

Thanks,
Peter

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #593 on: July 24, 2021, 05:16:20 am »
I'll send you the project later, can't do it right now.
But you can download the compiled lvgl demo in my GDrive, it's in mods... / static compiled binaries folder.
It's made for 800x480 screen.
Edit: Uploaded the project. It's inside Mods... / misc. Use the option in eclipse Import... existing project... select file.
It's made for linux framebuffer!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 04:04:00 pm by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: pcprogrammer

Offline techcornertv

« Reply #594 on: July 30, 2021, 09:51:20 pm »
Hello,

I was filming the review for the 2D10 in DSO2000 series and I got a crashed oscilloscope for 2 times, look around minute 26:

Anyway, I manage to trace it to the "Persist" function being on and I later after puting the video online tried again
and manage to replicate the problem again, so it seems if the "Persist" mode is on, you will have a crash in a few minutes of usage.

I first detected this while demonstrating the XY mode with the persist mode one (Display->Page 2->Persist = Infinite)
but was able to replicate just with sine waves on the screen... nothing fancy. Anybody with the same issue?

Cheers,
Hugo

The following users thanked this post: eevbstedt

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #595 on: July 31, 2021, 02:01:27 am »
Sure, update the firmware. Post your FW version!

Offline techcornertv

« Reply #596 on: August 01, 2021, 11:37:53 am »
Hi,

The software version is 1.0.1.1.0 (20210416.00) and the firmware version 3200.
I didn't update yet because there is also a line DSO2000 of handheld devices and the website only says DSO2000 not being very specific about the covered models. :palm:
But I'll update the firmware.

Thanks m8.

Cheers,
Hugo

Offline Andrew_Debbie

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #597 on: August 01, 2021, 11:47:21 am »
Hi,

The software version is 1.0.1.1.0 (20210416.00) and the firmware version 3200.

2021 0416  is the most recent version on the Hantek website.   There are newer versions you can get from Hantek support.     Send them a bug report. 

I don't know why it isn't on their website.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 11:50:15 am by Andrew_Debbie »

Offline Andrew_Debbie

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #598 on: August 01, 2021, 11:57:01 am »

But I'll update the firmware.

From DavidA's FAQ:    (link is in his signature)

Read carefully: There's a big difference between "Firmware version" and "Software version".

Firmware version refers to the firmware running in the internal FPGA.
Some updates will change it, so don't flash anything you find over internet unless you have a backup!
Software version refers to the actual software running inside the CPU(Phoenix).
DO NOT change your FW version unless specifically told you to do so!

« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 12:00:54 pm by Andrew_Debbie »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #599 on: August 01, 2021, 05:16:17 pm »
Update to fw3202. Check the FAQ.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf