Author Topic: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?  (Read 454705 times)

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
Re: New Hantek DSO2X1X models?
« Reply #1525 on: August 02, 2023, 07:54:18 pm »
Leg fix. Drilled the 3d print, melted a M3 insert in and used a large washer to spread the tension evenly.
(Yeah the printer needs some retraction tweaking, this is petg not pla).

Seems pretty solid!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 08:00:23 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

The following users thanked this post: unicornio, UncleVovan

Offline TheQuentincc

« Reply #1526 on: August 02, 2023, 09:44:49 pm »
Hi, I have the DSO2D15 and some button aren't working properly, for instance the single button can trigger all of these other buttons :

I updated the firmware but it didn't help, I'm gonna contact the seller I bought it from... In case they don't want to fix or replace my scope, do you guys have any idea how to fix it ? I never opened it before but this type of issue looks like a bad ribbon somewhere ?
Thanks for your help

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1527 on: August 02, 2023, 11:18:06 pm »
The buttons are all sampled using three wires (Scan reset, Scan data, Scan clock), it might be a bad ribbon  onnection or a solder defect, luckly for you the button board is very simple, there're only 3 ics and few resistors.

I don't think it's the ribbon, otherwise you would get nothing or random input, not exactly the same buttons everytime.

Thanks to @Pcprogrammer (He fully reverse enginneered everything) we have schematics:
https://github.com/pecostm32/Hantek_DSO2000/blob/main/Schematics/User_Interface/BUTTONS.png

Looks like only one column is working? (See attached picture).
Thus, I'd start by checking U2 and its connections, specially pins A,B,C (9,10,11).
Then check U1 (Ripple counter) and ensure all its outputs are toggling on/off at several KHz.
I recall seeing a 600kHz signal in key master clock.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 11:29:02 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline unicornio

• Contributor
  • linving in the energy and water edge
    • http://www.tallerecologicolosunicornios.org/
« Reply #1528 on: August 03, 2023, 12:50:52 am »
hi, there!...

i want to add a fan to my hantek oscilloscope dso2d10, so please, if any one know the size of fan that fit, please let me know...
i want to buy one whitout teardown it...;-)

many thanks and electronics greeting from spain
electronic and microwave radio engineer for 30 years, radioamateur, and now work in #solar #energy hi-end equipments, #water #depuration and #ozone generation #technology
http://www.tallerecologicolosunicornios.org/

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1529 on: August 03, 2023, 01:17:06 am »
Not required and possibly another source of electrical noise for an already wonky design, I wouldn't do it, but you only need to remove the 4 screws holding the back to check the dimensions, no need to put it to pieces.

Or use the search button!
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-hantek-dso2x1x-models/msg3896411/?topicseen#msg3896411
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 01:20:33 am by DavidAlfa »

Offline TheQuentincc

« Reply #1530 on: August 03, 2023, 07:55:50 am »
Thanks for your answer, so I dismantled it a bit but it doesn't look that bad, I mean traces of flux shouldn't be an issue for a button... I'll clean that and reflow Ux IC, otherwise I don't have tools to measure the 600kHz signal... could I use the scope itself, half dismantled to check it ?
Thanks again

edit : so I reflowed all the IC, it seems a bit better but I still have the issue sometime...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 08:19:47 am by TheQuentincc »

The following users thanked this post: unicornio

Offline unicornio

• Contributor
« Reply #1531 on: August 03, 2023, 10:11:35 am »
i make a test with my hantek awg of the dso, and a wandel&golterman spm15, and my hantek 6,5 digit multimeter, at 1khz, 0dbm, and the results are perfect...;-)
electronic and microwave radio engineer for 30 years, radioamateur, and now work in #solar #energy hi-end equipments, #water #depuration and #ozone generation #technology

Offline unicornio

• Contributor
« Reply #1532 on: August 03, 2023, 10:17:37 am »
thanks so much,

i find that the fan is 50*50 mm, so i can buy it without teardown my dso!...

so many thanks and electronics greetings from spain

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1533 on: August 09, 2023, 02:32:46 pm »
Following this, the new display arrived, fits exactly like the original and the image quality is just as good.

Leaving the AT070TN94 link for everyone:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32918916584.html
(It's the 5mm model)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 02:35:11 pm by DavidAlfa »

The following users thanked this post: vzayka, UncleVovan

Offline vistorik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1534 on: August 09, 2023, 07:27:07 pm »

Offline geostep

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1535 on: August 09, 2023, 08:10:17 pm »
Link worked for me.

- George

Offline blackbile

• Contributor
« Reply #1536 on: August 10, 2023, 09:19:00 am »
Why did you have to change the LCD?

Offline GraemeG

• Contributor
« Reply #1537 on: August 10, 2023, 09:21:47 am »
You can see in the second picture on this post https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-hantek-dso2x1x-models/msg4985563/#msg4985563 that he had dead pixels on his original display.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1538 on: August 10, 2023, 10:46:05 am »
Yep, the scope freezed, toggled the power off/on and one line appeared!
Few days later I got another  :horse:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 02:34:19 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline nokin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1539 on: August 13, 2023, 02:12:26 am »
Hello, long time no see you guys  ;D

I've "upgraded" my scope to Rigol Ds1102z-e and I found the analog feeling again. Much faster, more realtime feeling, more reality more sensitivity especially for audio analog calibration such as tape decks. No longer laggy.

The output waveform from these machines is not steady like function generator so DPO (Siglent) or Ultra Vision technology of Rigol is much more suitable.

I've got mine $180 for mint unit, look like brand new with all catalogue and calibration certification.
Quite happy purchasing.
 :-+

Offline aleph0

« Reply #1540 on: August 13, 2023, 02:16:05 am »
I recently purchased DSO2D10 oscilloscope and it worked fine for a couple of days.
Today it began to lock up after boot and none of the buttons work.... Note that the button LEDs are all lit and no channel signal is displayed either.
I spent hours searching this forum but all of the "locks/freezes" I found were easily resolved by turning the scope OFF/ON which in my case does not help.
I have already contacted Hantek but given their record, I'm not expecting much.

I'd appreciate any help in debugging this.
Here are some pictures and a video of the problem: https://mega.nz/folder/peQBVASI#DWsjU1AMZSFBskD4B_fbeA

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1541 on: August 13, 2023, 02:22:49 am »
I recently purchased DSO2D10 oscilloscope and it worked fine for a couple of days.
Today it began to lock up after boot and none of the buttons work....
:palm:

I hope you didn't see this thread before you made your purchase .. or see any of the negative reviews on the internet.

I honestly can't understand why anyone would buy one of these when Siglent and Rigol (and other manufacturers) with great reputations build fantastically better instruments for about the price of a Big MAc dinner and a 6-pack more.

Sorry this happened to you and I hope you discourage any you know of thinking to buy one.

All that said, you are in the right place to get help but you will need to do A LOT of work.

Good luck.
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

Offline nokin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1542 on: August 13, 2023, 02:23:45 am »
The trace of Ultra Vision technology is much difference from Hantek or others normal DSO.

If you need real digital scope but affordable so any Rigol (must have UltraVision) is my recommendation.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1543 on: August 13, 2023, 06:27:11 am »
Today it began to lock up after boot and none of the buttons work
Check the FAQ in my signature, "Recovering" section.
First try to make a Factory reset without flashing platform-tools, so you don't lose the calibration data.

Offline aleph0

« Reply #1544 on: August 13, 2023, 02:08:41 pm »
Thank you for the replies.

I found a windows box to try DavidAlfa's suggestion and here's how it went.

First I attempted a preliminary backup just to be safe. Put the scope in FEL mode, installed PhoenixSUite and zadig, confirmed that the USB device showed up properly in the device manager and ran "read.bat" from DSOFlash, but that failed. (1st image)

I then installed the Keysight IO Lib package and restarted the scope in normal mode. The software recognized the scope and I sent it the PRIVate:FACTORY:RESET command. The command "worked" in the sense that the scope immediately rebooted and the signal stats I had configured earlier, before the lock up, disappeared. Unfortunately the buttons are still all lit up and none of them work. And there's still no channel signal being drawn. (images 2 and 3).

I remember that when the scope was working, right after booting there would be some clicking noises (relay? for the AWG?) and then if memory serves me right the WAVE GEN and other lights would go OFF. Now there's no clicking and the lights stay ON. Maybe there's something wrong with the hardware?

edit: I should also add that before the factory reset the stats "count" would continuously increment as can be seen in the video in my post above, indicating that the phoenix process is probably running fine. this would be consistent with a the hardware error hypothesis where a relay that was supposed to switch never did, leaving all the lights ON and the phoenix process "waiting" for a signal that never arrives.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 02:21:57 pm by aleph0 »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1545 on: August 13, 2023, 03:15:10 pm »
It's strange, should be working.
Are you properly setting the scope in FEL mode by pushing the button at the bottom? Nothing should appear in the screen.
This is the device you should install WinUSB driver to, using Zadig.
Then, you must start DSOflash only when the scope is already in FEL mode and connected to the computer.
Give it some more tries.

Maybe the flash is corrupted. The only priority now is to backup the generator calibration, everything else can be easily restored.
Might sound dumb, but had this happening several times, got some fixed by simply pressing Default Setup button, so try that!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 03:16:47 pm by DavidAlfa »

Offline aleph0

« Reply #1546 on: August 14, 2023, 02:18:41 pm »
I tried installing the zadig/winusb driver again and now DSO flash is reading! I think my previous error was that I installed zadig before phoenixsuite..
Anyways. in about 20 minutes I should have a backup of the flash.

Thanks DavidAlfa! Was DSOflash written by you? Is the source code available?
edit: d'oh, I see the source code up on your drive.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 03:10:04 pm by aleph0 »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1547 on: August 14, 2023, 03:39:31 pm »
Yes, it's based in xfel.
So the buttons don't work at all?

Offline aleph0

« Reply #1548 on: August 14, 2023, 03:40:35 pm »
nope, not even "default setup" :(

you can see the behavior in this 30s video: https://mega.nz/folder/peQBVASI#DWsjU1AMZSFBskD4B_fbeA/file/sb5U0TiT
« Last Edit: August 14, 2023, 04:17:33 pm by aleph0 »

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1549 on: August 14, 2023, 06:10:56 pm »
Now you made a backup it's safe to do anything.
Download platform-tools and flash the latest version.
As always,
 it's in the FAQ.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf