Author Topic: New EEVblog BM786 Multimeter  (Read 158190 times)

Online Kleinstein

• Super Contributor
Re: New EEVblog BM786 Multimeter
« Reply #650 on: March 10, 2023, 06:04:38 pm »
In most case NiMH should work with a nominal voltage under low load of 1.25 V. This should be just enough to stay above the low bat level. The actual level may vary and some meters may woork OK while others don't.  It still depends on the use. Rechargible mainly make sense for really heavy use with plenty of backlight (should be some 10-25 hours of battery life with backlight). Otherwise the Lithium cell are the better choice. With heavy use, so that the batteries don't get old (e.g. < 6 months) even the normal alkaines could be OK.

Offline FIRage

« Reply #651 on: April 24, 2024, 05:02:53 pm »
Just received firmware version 78611, MFR# 2411*****. I had no idea there have been so many firmware releases. Wonder what’s new in recent versions.

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #652 on: April 24, 2024, 10:10:05 pm »
Just received firmware version 78611, MFR# 2411*****. I had no idea there have been so many firmware releases. Wonder what’s new in recent versions.

I'll ask them.

The following users thanked this post: Kartika

Offline rehevkor5

« Reply #653 on: June 15, 2024, 02:12:59 am »
I created a 3d printable clip that slides into the back of the multimeter, see my post in the 3d printing subforum for more info/discussion: 3d printed part compatible with BMH-02

The following users thanked this post: Kartika

Offline minsik

• Contributor
« Reply #654 on: July 26, 2024, 10:57:55 am »
New BM786 user.
Very impressed with all measurements and features.

However the "Beeplit" lightshow feature seems overdone and I am trying to locate the switch to disable it. So far it eludes me. Please advise me?
Certainly its a feature that does not attract many comments in the forums, one way or the other that I could see.

First time I have moved across from the yellow holster brand, most of which didn't have any lightshow at all (yes I am old, 8020A was my mainstay for many years of workshop use!) find this "feature" as a bit in ur face effect!

Minsik
Years of working with electronics. Now its just for fun.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #655 on: July 26, 2024, 10:32:00 pm »
However the "Beeplit" lightshow feature seems overdone and I am trying to locate the switch to disable it. So far it eludes me. Please advise me?
Certainly its a feature that does not attract many comments in the forums, one way or the other that I could see.

You can disable the beep, but not the visual beeplit. I'll contact them and see if they can add that.

The following users thanked this post: minsik

Offline BillyO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #656 on: July 28, 2024, 01:57:59 am »
The firmware is updateable on these?
Bill  (Currently a Siglent fanboy)
--------------------------------------------------
Want to see an old guy fumble around re-learning a career left 40 years ago?  Well, look no further .. https://www.youtube.com/@uni-byte

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #657 on: July 28, 2024, 06:02:08 am »
The firmware is updateable on these?

Technically, yes, but only by the factory/dealer. I don't generally offer the service. I think Welectron might.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #658 on: July 30, 2024, 08:42:47 am »
You can disable the beep, but not the visual beeplit. I'll contact them and see if they can add that.

Got a response:
This will need to put engineering efforts to evaluate if the firmware memory size left is enough for modification to add this feature. Please kindly advise what benefit it would generate. To allocate engineering resource for this modification, our related departments may request such kind of info to justify.

The following users thanked this post: RAPo

Offline sonpul

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #659 on: July 30, 2024, 10:51:13 am »
What a beautiful answer. Higher School of Diplomacy.  :)

The following users thanked this post: RAPo

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #660 on: July 31, 2024, 09:43:12 am »
This is a typical response that any organization that is seriously concerned to address the customer careabouts but also operates a tight ship will do.

Any specific requests for a feature will go through such scrutiny. This is at stage one: evaluate the rationale for the change and its "popularity" among customers (or if the customer is large enough). If that is deemed worth of consideration, then proceed to stage two, which is to divert resources to analyze the impact on the existing code base or design, as well as implementation efforts and test. If all is green, then prioritize the tasks and have a realistic timeline for implementation, testing and release. (Other steps will be required depending on the task).

Kudos to Brymen for not overpromising or completely ignoring the request!
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

The following users thanked this post: EEVblog

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf