Author Topic: New bench scope - Fnirsi 1014D, 7", 1GSa/s  (Read 115308 times)

Offline motomanual

Re: New bench scope - Fnirsi 1014D, 7", 1GSa/s
« Reply #325 on: August 07, 2024, 06:07:08 pm »
I recently purchased a Fnirsi 1040d and I need to ask the users of this instrument if it is normal that the trigger does not activate when setting times greater than 10msec in Normal and Single mode?
Is it a limitation of the instrument or am I not using it correctly?
Thanks everyone!

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #326 on: August 07, 2024, 06:52:54 pm »
@motomanual see here for an answer to your question.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #327 on: September 26, 2024, 07:58:51 am »
Here is a video of someone comparing the FNIRSI-1014D to the Rigol DS1202Z-E.

He finds a lot of limitations of the 1014D, among one of them being the power supply ripple seeping through, I also found during the writing of the open source firmware.

The limitations found are nothing new to ones familiar with the threads on this forum about the scope, but still fun to hear him make conclusions about them.

Offline Atlan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #328 on: September 26, 2024, 09:56:32 am »
Comparing Trabant with Mercedes....
FNIRSI 1013D Always provide a picture or video with the problem where the parameters of the oscilloscope are visible, and a picture of the diagnostic screen with the values.

Offline konst-72

« Reply #329 on: October 05, 2024, 03:17:09 pm »
Hello everyone. I bought a burnt 1014D at an auction. Someone supplied 12V. I replaced the broken stabilizer and op-amp chips, updated the firmware. The oscilloscope started up, there is a response to input signals and adequately responds to all buttons and knobs. But there are still two problems:
1. The FPGA clock generator chip burned out. I would like to ask you to take oscillograms and measure the frequency of the signals at pins 9, 10 of the MC5351M chip. Need a two-channel oscilloscope to see the phase relationship of the signals.
2. The FPGA is partially broken. Two power pins are shorted to ground. I unsoldered them. Question: if I replace the chip with a new one, do I need to flash it according to JTAG after soldering?

Sorry for the noob questions.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #330 on: October 05, 2024, 04:27:45 pm »
Hi konst-72,

Welcome to the forum.

The clock generator chip is I2C programmable and the two clock outputs are used for different tasks in the FPGA. There is a channel that is used for the main clock and that is fixed at, if not mistaken, 50MHz, and the other channel is used for the sampling clock of the arbitrary waveform generator. It is set by the software up to a maximum of 200MHz.

Just replace the chip with a new one and the configuration is taken care of by the firmware.

The FPGA can be replaced and will get its configuration from the second FLASH chip that can be found in the 1014D. No need to use the JTAG interface. Best to make sure the FLASH chips are also good and the data within them is still valid. As there possibly are versions that use a different FPGA then the one I have, it is best to post the type tag of it here and ask if any one has the proper FLASH content for it.

Mine has the Anlogic AL3-10 in it, and the FLASH contents is attached below. (Remove the .txt extension)

Offline konst-72

« Reply #331 on: October 05, 2024, 05:43:57 pm »
Thank you for your prompt reply. Now I understand how the FPGA is clocked. The MS5351M chip has already been ordered and is on its way to me. I looked carefully at your 1014D schematic diagram and saw that the FPGA clock generator is programmed from the microcontroller. I hope one problem has been solved.
Now I will order the FPGA chip. I hope this one will work. I think the FPGA FLASH is intact, because the signals on the screen are generally displayed correctly, but there is a problem with the clocking.
Once again, thank you very much for the valuable information on the oscilloscope here and on GitHub.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #332 on: October 06, 2024, 06:39:27 am »
The board with the FPGA will do the trick. I have used that same board for testing while I was experimenting with the 1013D FPGA reversal. The 1013D uses the same FPGA as the 1014D I have, and yours looks the same.

Good luck with soldering and check out the thread on the reverse engineering of the 1014D. It provides new open source firmware, but it is not finished and I don't know if and when it will be. Lots of other projects to do that take up a lot of time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf