Author Topic: New 2ch pocket DSO+SG - Zeeweii DSO2512G  (Read 139298 times)

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
Re: New 2ch pocket DSO+SG - Zeeweii DSO2512G
« Reply #350 on: July 27, 2023, 11:21:09 pm »
how many firmware versions exists for dso2512g? 1.2.8C, 1.2.9, 1.3.0

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #351 on: July 28, 2023, 12:10:25 pm »
and btw, how your dso2512g units work with the zoom feature? I'm able to use it up to 15MHz sine wave, until 14MHz no problem, on the 15MHz some times doesn't work, need to press auto several times
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 12:14:27 pm by ptluis »

Offline Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #352 on: July 28, 2023, 12:26:49 pm »
This information is of little use to you, as new firmware usually comes with a new hardware version.

and btw, how your dso2512g units work with the zoom feature? I'm able to use it up to 15MHz sine wave, until 14MHz no problem, on the 15MHz some times doesn't work, need to press auto several times
I don't know exactly what you mean.
5ns (time base) is of course the end.

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #353 on: July 28, 2023, 01:03:00 pm »
This information is of little use to you, as new firmware usually comes with a new hardware version.

I don't know exactly what you mean.
5ns (time base) is of course the end.

it is relevant, I'll tell you why, continuous auto mode exists on versions 1.2.9C and 1.3.0C versions, the zoom feature exists on versions 1.2.8.C+ (plus version), 1.2.9C and 1.3.0C. all firmware versions are not compatible between different versions. 1.2.8C+ is compatible with 1.2.8C versions only and add the zoom feature and the manual calibration of AC and DC the pkpk and mean measure indicators. these 2 features are also present in 1.2.9C and 1.3.0C. The zoom feature contains bugs but work in a certain level. see the photos i attached

what's your device firmware?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 01:13:02 pm by ptluis »

Offline Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #354 on: July 28, 2023, 01:15:08 pm »
it is relevant, I'll tell you why, continuous auto mode exists on versions 1.2.9C and 1.3.0C versions, the zoom feature exists on versions 1.2.8.C+ (plus version), 1.2.9C and 1.3.0C. all firmware versions are not compatible between different versions. 1.2.8C+ is compatible with 1.2.8C versions only and add the zoom feature and the manual calibration of AC and DC the pkpk and mean measure indicators. these 2 features are also present in 1.2.9C and 1.3.0C. The zoom feature contains bugs but work in a certain level. se the photos i attached

Ah ok!
That's why I didn't understand your question because I didn't know about the zoom feature.
I have FW 1.2.8C and HW 9.14
Does 1.2.8.C+ require different hardware?
Can I download the firmware somewhere?

Online RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #355 on: July 28, 2023, 02:45:09 pm »
Thanks for this useful post ptluis.
Could you provide directions to me on how I can check my firmware version?
A reply is greatly acknowledged.

it is relevant, I'll tell you why, continuous auto mode exists on versions 1.2.9C and 1.3.0C versions, the zoom feature exists on versions 1.2.8.C+ (plus version), 1.2.9C and 1.3.0C. all firmware versions are not compatible between different versions. 1.2.8C+ is compatible with 1.2.8C versions only and add the zoom feature and the manual calibration of AC and DC the pkpk and mean measure indicators. these 2 features are also present in 1.2.9C and 1.3.0C. The zoom feature contains bugs but work in a certain level. see the photos i attached

Offline Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #356 on: July 28, 2023, 02:56:45 pm »
Menu "Set" + V (long)

See my "Cheat Sheet"

Online RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #357 on: July 28, 2023, 03:13:19 pm »
Many thanks Aldo22. I've got ver. 1.2.9c :D.
I've read your cheatsheet, but don't know how to activate the zoom.

Menu "Set" + V (long)

See my "Cheat Sheet"

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #358 on: July 28, 2023, 04:17:37 pm »
it is relevant, I'll tell you why, continuous auto mode exists on versions 1.2.9C and 1.3.0C versions, the zoom feature exists on versions 1.2.8.C+ (plus version), 1.2.9C and 1.3.0C. all firmware versions are not compatible between different versions. 1.2.8C+ is compatible with 1.2.8C versions only and add the zoom feature and the manual calibration of AC and DC the pkpk and mean measure indicators. these 2 features are also present in 1.2.9C and 1.3.0C. The zoom feature contains bugs but work in a certain level. se the photos i attached

Ah ok!
That's why I didn't understand your question because I didn't know about the zoom feature.
I have FW 1.2.8C and HW 9.14
Does 1.2.8.C+ require different hardware?
Can I download the firmware somewhere?

FW 1.2.8C and HW 9.14 are the requirements, but i advise you that the zoom feature is not well implemented, contains bugs and sometimes crash the scope, although the manual calibration work fine. i have the firmware could share, but I AND ZEEWEII DON'T ASSUME ANY RESPONSABILITY if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk!  :) please wait a few days I'm trying zeeweii to fix it. be patient thank you.

The following users thanked this post: Aldo22

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #359 on: July 28, 2023, 04:22:06 pm »
Many thanks Aldo22. I've got ver. 1.2.9c :D.
I've read your cheatsheet, but don't know how to activate the zoom.

Menu "Set" + V (long)

See my "Cheat Sheet"

for your firmware long press "s" key for zoom feature
to activate continuous Auto, long press Auto key

Online RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #360 on: July 28, 2023, 04:53:58 pm »
Thanks!

Online RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #361 on: July 28, 2023, 06:03:13 pm »
long press auto works, but long press s does not work. Am I doing something wrong?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 06:05:37 pm by RAPo »

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #362 on: July 28, 2023, 08:07:32 pm »
long press auto works, but long press s does not work. Am I doing something wrong?

I've got 2 scopes, one with version 1.2.8c upgraded to 1.2.8c+ and the other with 1.2.9c on both of them I'm able to enter zoom mode by long pressing for 2-3 seconds the "s" key. but beware that Zoom is not supported when roll mode or cursor is on.
It is recommended to exit Zoom mode before shutting down the scope otherwise the measurements labels will be disabled.

Offline Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #363 on: July 28, 2023, 08:13:26 pm »
I've got 2 scopes, one with version 1.2.8c upgraded to 1.2.8c+
How did you find out about this upgrade?
Did Zeeweii email you the Firmware personally?
Is it unofficial?
How did that happen?

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #364 on: July 28, 2023, 08:25:35 pm »
the zoom feature is not well implemented, it doesn't work well bellow 400KHz. in my example a few posts before i use 1KHz sinewave and work fine, but after changing the frequency to 10KHz and pressing auto again the scope start to become unstable not zooming freeze and crash. I tried to replicate but it's random . after entering zoom mode you need to press auto again to proper trigger the signal. the labels on zoom mode are disabled, but you can add them through the menu key>meas

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #365 on: July 28, 2023, 08:33:27 pm »
I've got 2 scopes, one with version 1.2.8c upgraded to 1.2.8c+
How did you find out about this upgrade?
Did Zeeweii email you the Firmware personally?
Is it unofficial?
How did that happen?

the firmware is from zeeweii, I've been talking to them for awile, you can try to contact them if you want, and if they don't send you the firmware i can share with you, as long as you understand that the zoom feature is buggy. from my tests everything else is fine, including the manual calibration stated previously.

Offline Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #366 on: July 28, 2023, 08:48:58 pm »
the firmware is from zeeweii, I've been talking to them for awile, you can try to contact them if you want, and if they don't send you the firmware i can share with you, as long as you understand that the zoom feature is buggy. from my tests everything else is fine, including the manual calibration stated previously.
Do you mean that the manual calibration also works for the updated version 1.2.8c?
I've asked Zeeweii before but they said they only have an upgrade for 1.2.9c.
Yes, I would be interested.
Thank you very much!

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #367 on: July 28, 2023, 09:36:53 pm »
Do you mean that the manual calibration also works for the updated version 1.2.8c?
I've asked Zeeweii before but they said they only have an upgrade for 1.2.9c.
Yes, I would be interested.
Thank you very much!

yes after you update to 1.2.8C+ (plus version) you'll have those features. in the meantime I've discovered a way to replicate the freeze/crash of the scope, I'm making a video to send them.

the reason i didn't post the firmware yet is because i don't have authorization from ZEEWEII, but I'm working on that. the other reason i don't send you by pm yet is because i prefer to share a better and stable version of the zoom function. has i said before wait a few days to see what i get.

the manual calibration allow us to adjust both channels pkpk and mean labels to be really close to each other and accordingly to the injected signal. the adjustment is made one at a time. AC adjustment is called gain calib mode.

Offline Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #368 on: July 28, 2023, 10:07:44 pm »
the reason i didn't post the firmware yet is because i don't have authorization from ZEEWEII, but I'm working on that. the other reason i don't send you by pm yet is because i prefer to share a better and stable version of the zoom function. has i said before wait a few days to see what i get.

Of course there is no hurry, but I would be happy if I could get this update too.
Thanks a lot!

Online RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #369 on: July 29, 2023, 06:01:44 am »
I've tried again but no luck.. Guess I've to wait for an official release.

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #370 on: July 29, 2023, 07:50:26 am »

Of course there is no hurry, but I would be happy if I could get this update too.
Thanks a lot!

you will get it, don't worry  :-+

The following users thanked this post: RAPo, Aldo22

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #371 on: July 29, 2023, 08:40:07 am »
I've tried again but no luck.. Guess I've to wait for an official release.

my scope with v1.2.9C i bought this month and I'm able to enter zoom mode., maybe i got a more developed firmware,  but the zoom feature and continuous auto are not documented I think you will need an update to 1.3.0C it's not available yet because they are still working on it. The zoom feature is a new implementation they are trying to add to the scope, it has some bugs needed to be fixed, at the moment zoom work fine at frequencies of 1MHz and above, bellow 500KHz that not so good. Like I said before in Zoom,  I'm able to freeze crash the scope in more than one way, I'm doing videos and cooperate with them so that the firmware become stable and we all could benefit from a better scope and the best of the moment in this category/price. Zeeweii won't forget their customers and that's nice to know, they really believe in their products and I'm not in anyway affiliated with them, just when i believe a product has potential to be a good device i cooperate and this one has. They try to release the device in the most stable condition, unlike fnirsi for ex. In the case of fnirsi they're loosing because of that, bad implemented features, cursors is one of them, look like they created something in a rush. I could buy one if they solve at least this important feature, until then no way.

for those interested, they are planning to release a new device in a month or so, its a multimeter+scope combination,  model dso3D12, the user manual is ready to download from ZEEWEII website. I attached the user manual, you can downloaded here or from ZEEWEII website, it's up to you.

Offline ptluis

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #372 on: July 29, 2023, 08:46:52 am »
Btw, if you find bugs or have suggestions to improve the dso2512g please posts here, I'm collecting all i can find to send them. Thank you

Offline Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #373 on: July 29, 2023, 08:59:08 am »
Thank you ptluis!

for those interested, they are planning to release a new device in a month or so, its a multimeter+scope combination,  model dso3D12, the user manual is ready to download from ZEEWEII website. I attached the user manual, you can downloaded here or from ZEEWEII website, it's up to you.
This device already has its own thread in this forum.
We don't know much yet.

The following users thanked this post: ptluis

Online RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #374 on: July 29, 2023, 08:59:38 am »
Thanks.
Keep up the good work.
 I'll wait for the update.
Where does Zeewii publish the updates?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo