Author Topic: New 2ch pocket DSO+SG - Zeeweii DSO2512G  (Read 139340 times)

REWEREWE and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online wasedadoc

• Super Contributor
Re: New 2ch pocket DSO+SG - Zeeweii DSO2512G
« Reply #325 on: June 10, 2023, 04:01:31 pm »
I'm new here, I don't know much. Who can, please arrange a photo on the site. And I read the comments with interest   https://disk.yandex.ru/d/chO3XrsQTHvisw             
When you start the attachment process this text appears at the bottom:

"Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, jpeg, pdf, png, txt, zip, tar, c, h, hex, bas, xls, odt, asm, wav, aiff, wma, mp3, flac, asc, ods, xlsx, py, 7z
Restrictions: 10 per post, maximum total size 5000KB, maximum individual size 4000KB"

Online radiolistener

• Super Contributor
« Reply #326 on: June 10, 2023, 10:03:11 pm »
Hello. I purchased a 9.15 revision osclograph. I wanted to post six photos of a printed circuit board weighing 36.9 MB, the site writes that the photos are too large. And I'm interested to know your opinion, especially jebem

The good rule is to keep each picture size about 640 kB or less. Do not use very large resolution. 1024x768 or 1280x1024 is good enough. There is no need for a larger picture if your goal is not intentional Hi-Res detailed picture for a special purposes.

You can use JPG format for a photo which requires gradients and many colors, and you can control picture size with compression quality. For a simple picture with small amount of colors it's better to use PNG format. Just try it, if PNG is large than 640 kB, then use JPG. Usually JPG with 85-97% quality is good enough.

If you keep each photo within 640 kB, 6 pieces will require about 3.8 MB which should pass the restrictions.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 10:09:31 pm by radiolistener »

The following users thanked this post: markich

Offline jebem

• Contributor
« Reply #327 on: June 11, 2023, 01:37:08 pm »
I'm new here, I don't know much. Who can, please arrange a photo on the site. And I read the comments with interest   https://disk.yandex.ru/d/chO3XrsQTHvisw             

Hi,

I use the IrfanView tool to resize and enhance images.
See here:
https://www.irfanview.com/

By just opening a JPG image with IrfanView  and immediately saving it as is, it can reduce the file size to less than half without losing quality.
Additionally it allows to resize the image (up or down).

Cheers.

The following users thanked this post: elantric, markich

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #328 on: June 11, 2023, 02:39:03 pm »
I use the IrfanView tool to resize and enhance images.
I am on Linux and I use GIMP, which is available for Linux | macOS | Microsoft Windows.
Attached is the resampled Image.
At first glance I see no difference to V9.14

Offline smg

« Reply #329 on: June 12, 2023, 01:40:20 pm »
I saw with a quick comparison of the photo of the pcb 9.14 and 9.15 - circled in red
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 01:50:39 pm by smg »

The following users thanked this post: jebem, Aldo22, markich

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #330 on: June 12, 2023, 03:12:30 pm »
After all the ranting in this thread, I thought the "amplitude jitter" at high frequencies was a sign of a cheap toyscope.
Now I've seen that an older Rigol looks exactly the same at 60MHz.
So this is not a specialty of Zeeweii.  ;)

Offline markich

« Reply #331 on: June 13, 2023, 08:09:57 am »
Thanks to all. I think to leave the photo in the archive at the link. There is the possibility of scaling for a detailed study, it may come in handy. Anyone who wants can download and repost

The following users thanked this post: jebem

Offline markich

« Reply #332 on: June 13, 2023, 08:27:36 am »
Secondary function: MenuDisp + F1(Long) = REF ?

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #333 on: June 13, 2023, 08:52:57 am »
@markich
For the reference waveform, F1(long) should be enough.
I once uploaded a cheat sheet.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 09:14:23 am by Aldo22 »

Offline markich

« Reply #334 on: June 13, 2023, 09:35:24 am »
Thank you. I somehow missed it. There are no detailed descriptions on the network for this device. Focused on the promoted Fnirsi 1c15 (many reviews), there is this function REF.
I was going through
that REF and phosphorus will not. I am glad that all this is there + good noise immunity due to shielding, which 1s15 does not have

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #335 on: June 13, 2023, 10:01:36 am »
In case anyone is interested, there is a summer sale at the Zeeweii Official Store.
The device is now available for $74 shipped (varies by country).
Almost ridiculously cheap.

Offline jebem

• Contributor
« Reply #336 on: June 14, 2023, 05:04:44 pm »
I saw with a quick comparison of the photo of the pcb 9.14 and 9.15 - circled in red

That seems to be a MICRONE SOT23-5 package IC. Probably an additional power supply regulator.
It is hard to tell as the pictures, despite being large files, do not show the IC labels in clear detail, although the MICRONE logo is visible on this specific IC.

Offline smg

« Reply #337 on: June 14, 2023, 05:55:52 pm »
Made fragments of photos of input circuits of different versions
for comparison - I see more capacitors
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 06:00:14 pm by smg »

Offline markich

« Reply #338 on: June 15, 2023, 03:15:53 pm »
I'm sorry. I am a bad photographer. The camera is a Samsung soap dish. Filmed in haste

Offline markich

« Reply #339 on: June 16, 2023, 07:28:55 am »

That seems to be a MICRONE SOT23-5 package IC. Probably an additional power supply regulator.
It is hard to tell as the pictures, despite being large files, do not show the IC labels in clear detail, although the MICRONE logo is visible on this specific IC.

jebem, went through the microcircuit with a white marker, then erased the marker. did on occasion on a cheap microscope. EVERYTHING FOR SCIENCE! :-DD
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 07:34:30 am by markich »

The following users thanked this post: jebem, RAPo

Offline jebem

• Contributor
« Reply #340 on: June 16, 2023, 01:41:58 pm »

jebem, went through the microcircuit with a white marker, then erased the marker. did on occasion on a cheap microscope. EVERYTHING FOR SCIENCE! :-DD

Yap, that is the MICRONE logo printed on the chip for sure.
Thanks for sharing the new v9.15 PCB.

The reference "S7UF" can't be found on the usual SMC Codes websites, although several LDO regulators from other manufacturers do use the SMD code "S7", so this one is likely a LDO regulator as well.

By looking to the PCB traces, this seems to be a textbook implementation following the MICRONIC LDO datasheet (see the  ME6211 series for instance).

Pin 1 (Vin)  and 3 (CE) are shorted together, and they are connected to the common Pwr_On supply voltage where all the other Positive Supply LDO regulators are also connected.
Pin 5 (Vout) also shows a filter capacitor in parallel, as expected.

I counted six Positive and three Negative Supply voltages in the version v9.14.
So this seems to be an additional +V supply to further decouple one more circuit in this new v9.15 oscilloscope.
By looking to the PCB traces in the photos, I can't figure out where this output voltage is going to.

To find out what is the output voltage of this LDO regulator it would required a measurement at pin 5.
Then a continuity test between pin 5 and the IC's pins around it, would reveal what IC circuit is being fed by this new LDO regulator.

So, in this v9.15 they decided to further decouple the +V supply voltage of one of the IC's that in v9.14 was using a shared +V supply voltage.
Most likely someone noted some kind of interference on specific setting/operation and the manufacturer considered this serious enough to redesign the circuit to further split one of the +V supply lines to eliminate supply line issues.

The following users thanked this post: Aldo22, markich

Offline markich

« Reply #341 on: June 16, 2023, 03:20:04 pm »
I can't take measurements. Education is not enough. Zeewei - well done! Three years of monitoring the device and making corrective updates, unlike other manufacturers. Fnirsi loses a lot here.
Even with the new DPOX180H. In which there is no shielding at all (trademark Fnirsi), and there are practically no hardware revisions. They bring beauty with software, which I almost sat down on (but somewhere in the comments I found out about 2512)

Jebem, I admire you! Please continue with your reversing. It is very interesting to me

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #342 on: June 16, 2023, 11:57:48 pm »
In case anyone is interested, there is a summer sale at the Zeeweii Official Store.

This guy is selling them for $2000 (and has sold four of them!)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004956797982.html

The following users thanked this post: Aldo22

Online tatel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #343 on: June 17, 2023, 03:39:11 am »

Hala mañoooooo! Ridios! Those four guys must wear the beret screwed up to the eyebrows

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #344 on: June 21, 2023, 02:35:38 pm »

Now he's only sold three!
Well, still profitable...  :-DD

Online radiolistener

• Super Contributor
« Reply #345 on: June 22, 2023, 07:04:43 am »
Hala mañoooooo! Ridios! Those four guys must wear the beret screwed up to the eyebrows

Most of all they agreed to get 90% cashback from seller on buyer private account, and paid the bill with taxpayers money taken from government and reported that they spent taxpayers money on equipment...

Online tatel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #346 on: June 22, 2023, 07:51:30 pm »
Most of all they agreed to get 90% cashback from seller on buyer private account, and paid the bill with taxpayers money taken from government and reported that they spent taxpayers money on equipment...

Yep, the only rational explanation is some kind of corruption

Online tatel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #347 on: July 09, 2023, 10:30:08 pm »
Bad news: other OEMs got there before Zeeweii. Here you can see a GW-Instek GDS1054B triggering at about 390 MHz! >:D And, the waveform has more stability than Zeeweii's!  >:D

Never mind it should be reading about 6 Vpp  :-DD :-DD :-DD These are (very) minor details. What matter is: it's somehow usable! :-DD :-DD :-DD You just have to select the correct V/div setting and... voîla! No need to get a fancy and expensive Siglent SDS2000X+. What would be the point?  :-DD :-DD :-DD

Offline Old man 45

« Reply #348 on: July 25, 2023, 01:36:59 pm »
Hi all, this is my first post on this topic. Since I don't need over 25 MHz very often but value a small format, the DSO 2512 feels just right.
The fact that many of today's manufacturers exaggerate performance is a shame, but something that we learned to live with.
DSO2512 is a 30 MHz scope and a great one at that price!
For my part, I made a page with keyboard shortcuts on it, and it grew out a bit too much after a couple of evenings so maybe it can be something for others. It is not any news, just known facts gathered on one sheet.
Bottom line, I like this instrument as it is and will use it many times. If I need 100+ MHz, I grab the BIG one (with both hands).

The following users thanked this post: battlecoder, ptluis, RAPo, REWEREWE, Aldo22, Swift Tester

Online RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #349 on: July 25, 2023, 02:55:51 pm »
Thanks, very handy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf