Author Topic: HP 141T spectrum analyzer display section calibration tutorial  (Read 2571 times)

Offline JLNYTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
HP 141T spectrum analyzer display section calibration tutorial
« on: October 18, 2016, 03:04:28 am »
Hello all,
I have spent a fair amount of time working on several of these units and fixing them up, and I was surprised to see how few repair and calibration tutorials there are online for these units given how common they are. I'm probably going to regret this, but I thought that I would add to the knowledge base by sharing what little I know about calibrating and repairing these units. For anyone interested, I have uploaded a 5-part tutorial where I go through and calibrate a 141T (just the display section for now. I may do videos on the individual types of plugins later). The display sections are usually the parts that tend to fail or need  the most adjustment, so I thought I would mainly focus this and on the parts that I have seen fail most often.

Normally, I would prefer to do text-based posts about this kind of thing, but a video really seemed necessary to explain this. This is unfamiliar territory for me, and  I'm afraid it really shows. Hopefully enough folks can endure my stammering and terrible editing skills long enough to get some useful information from these videos.

At the moment, I just have the videos as unlisted so that folks here can review them and let me know what they think. Informative? cringeworthy? does it need corrections? I only know a little bit about these units, so I would really like to hear from folks and get their thoughts and repair notes on these units. If it turns out that there are significant issues with these videos, I can basically use this video as my "dry run" for a better video.

Full 5-part playlist here:

/watch?v=mFf51gsTmR4&list=PLO73EkAo5KjWdD8rH8nTnV2nBp70HqSQX

« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 03:06:58 am by JLNY »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf