Author Topic: Mustool MT8206 osc DMM new model  (Read 10056 times)

Offline flashromTopic starter

Mustool MT8206 osc DMM new model
« on: August 24, 2018, 07:18:21 am »
I just got an email from an online store ("BG") that has the above model at a "preorder" "special price", about $50 USD (says "email", don't know if this is an invite only price or not).

I bought a budget DMM that was well rated a year ago, and it seems like an excellent value and is highly rated for the price.

I just wonder if this is going to be something like that, but as an hybrid? I read on a thread going back, not mentioning any models, but saying that hybrid ones aren't good at either function. Is it still the case w/ this model? I guess it is too new so there is no review I can find online on this.

(I joined so I can ask about this, but I have read this forum as a guest in the past).

Offline HKJ

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
Re: Mustool MT8206 osc DMM new model
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 07:58:17 am »
I will make a review of that meter when I get it.
Do not expect the oscilloscope part to be anywhere near a real oscilloscope in performance and functions.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 09:05:09 am »
Do not expect the oscilloscope part to be anywhere near a real oscilloscope in performance and functions.
Sure but any visual representation of a signal is better than none.
Banggood will sell a good few of these.
https://www.banggood.com/Upgraded-MUSTOOL-MT8206-2-in-1-Intelligent-Digital-Oscilloscope-Multimeter-with-Analog-Bar-Graph-p-1331666.html?rmmds=buy

Looking forward to your review and findings.  :popcorn:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline HKJ

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 09:26:21 am »

Yes, but you have to know the limits, these meters may show misleading curves at higher frequencies and with a max bandwidth of 20kHz you can easily get into trouble.

It will be some time, from I receive the meter it will probably be 2 to 3 weeks before I publish the review, in the meantime I will be publishing other meter reviews.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 01:12:46 pm »
Banggood will sell a good few of these.
https://www.banggood.com/Upgraded-MUSTOOL-MT8206-2-in-1-Intelligent-Digital-Oscilloscope-Multimeter-with-Analog-Bar-Graph-p-1331666.html?rmmds=buy

"Auto/Manual Raging with Analog Bar Graph"  Now that's take measurements in anger to a new level. ;D
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline warcow

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2018, 03:28:47 pm »
I pre-ordered one of these, it will replace a 5$ cheap multimeter that has been starting to act up on me lately. I will use it for my RC hobbies and hopefully the 'oscilloscope' function is good enough to measure servo signals and such.

Offline LektroiD

• Frequent Contributor
  • If it didn't explode, I'm happy.
    • Music here
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 08:19:17 am »
I just got the Banggood mailshot today (this is how I'm here). I'm thinking it might be good for repairs and troubleshooting; a visual signal representation is always more useful than straight voltage tests, regardless of accuracy. I'd imagine there's pretty much zero protection circuitry, which is fine if you're only using it for low powered tests, such as repairs & troubleshooting electronic music / studio gear (which is where I'd be using it). I'm pretty much sold, but let's see how the reviews go when they start to surface (not just the biased Banggood marketing clips). I'd love to send one in to Dave for a teardown/review, but my budget is pretty tight right now.

Offline flashromTopic starter

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 06:45:47 am »
It's $42.23 USD today (Sept 5 - 7), so I bought one and took the chance even though there is no review. Hope it is not too bad.

Offline wingerr

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 12:51:15 pm »
It would be nice if it could trigger on an event to capture a turn on transient, but it seems the sweep is only started and stopped with a button press, with no trigger capability.

Online malagas_on_fire

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 09:04:13 pm »
I've got on ebay a notification regarding this Must(NOT)tool :

Check out 2 in 1 Upgraded MUSTOOL MT8206 Intelligent Digital Oscilloscope Multimeter AC/DC 

https://ebay.us/Djzptv via @eBay

Yeah very clever indeed.. Put to the transient generator of joeqsmith and make you're bets :P It stays on the piezzo grill starter or some ESD gun

The uni-t 81b /c looks better than that but even for a CATIII classification.. here is what you might get.. glass fuses :S .. here are some pictures:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/purchased-an-oscilloscope-but-did-i-make-a-mistake-(re-newbie-arduino-etc)/?action=dlattach;attach=460729

If one can make knowledge flow than it will go from negative to positve , for real

Offline HKJ

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 03:55:45 pm »

The following users thanked this post: BillyD, tsman

Online malagas_on_fire

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 09:39:20 pm »
Thumbs up for the review. The format is very nice , simple almost has good as repurposed for a wiki site :P....

And yes there are  meters with CAT  overated :P , specially the ones included with glass fuses..
If one can make knowledge flow than it will go from negative to positve , for real

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf