Author Topic: HDMI Microscope camera video recording/capture to file  (Read 1688 times)

Offline ignatorTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
HDMI Microscope camera video recording/capture to file
« on: December 30, 2019, 03:08:52 am »
I have tried to search for this topic on EEVblog. Nothing can be found.  (or my search skill suck)
I purchased a HD video capture box off eBay, and it feeds the HDMI through the in and out connector to the monitor screen, but it will not record. The camera is a Lapsun Autofocus 1080P HDMI output camera.At this point it is a $400 mistake. The autofocus feature is great, as the previous camera trinocular was not synchronized in focus with the binocular eye pieces. It changed during the zoom adjust.
I can't imagine that this camera would output a HDCP protected HDMI signal.
Does anyone have a suggestion to make recording video and photos a simple solution? Any idea what the compatibility issue is?
The box I have indicates its brand, Y&H on the eBay description, and they also call it model ezcap280, but other sellers have this, and the microphone connection is different (has line in, out, MIC) where the one I have only has one audio jack. But the black box's look the same.
And I verified the USB flash drive is formatted FAT32. I tried NTFS, but that was a bust. 32Gb size, and no other files.
Thanks all.

Online DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
Re: HDMI Microscope camera video recording/capture to file
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 03:34:24 am »
I use a USB3 HDMI capture card on my microscope, works pretty well with fairly low input lag, and shows up as a normal webcam input in the OS, so you can record with whatever normal video recording software you'd like and can also fullscreen to just look at the feed.  I'm using an AGPTEK model capture card, but there are many others (sometimes 720p or 30fps limited, so check capabilities of the ones you want).

Offline ignatorTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: HDMI Microscope camera video recording/capture to file
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 02:21:30 am »
Problem solved.
I tried 3 different capture cards HDMI to USB. None worked.  So I searched for HDCP stripper, and found one on eBay. It's a splitter module, 1 in, 2 out. Description "HDMI 1 in 2 out 1080p 4K 1x2 HDCP Stripper 3D Splitter Power Signal Amplifier" ($10.49). This has a sturdy pressed aluminum case which I was very surprised to see. It came with a separate 12VDC supply, so does not use a USB port to power the unit, as other models do.
This worked flawlessly. The autofocus camera was sold also on eBay, sellers lapsun_kit. They were useless in helping with this issue. The description of the camera title is "Auto Focal Focus 1080P HDMI WiFi Industrial Microscope Camera XFCAM1080PHB SONY". I kept telling them that the camera has HDCP turned on, and that there was no reason for a microscope camera to have that enabled in their video stream. I know I was messaging sales people that don't understand. They wanted me to buy another camera with a flash card slot.
Now the last capture card, which was the cheapest works. (1080P 4K HDMI to USB 3.0 Video Capture Card Game Audio Video Live Streaming $8.58)I tried several USB camera capture programs, could not get Easycapture and OBSstudio to recognize the USB capture card input. But Bandicam, worked without effort. Initially I used VLC media player to view the USP input. But I could not figure out how to record the stream. It may have done it, but I don't know where it put the file.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf