Author Topic: MSO5000  (Read 984 times)

Offline AlexanTopic starter

MSO5000
« on: October 24, 2023, 12:13:16 am »
Hello! Became the proud owner of MSO5074. Can you tell me if the signal on the screen should be distorted when trying to view the uppermost part when the vertical range is outside the screen? Link to video.   https://youtu.be/3o0KSxU2eVE?feature=shared

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
Re: MSO5000
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 12:18:50 am »
Hello! Became the proud owner of MSO5074. Can you tell me if the signal on the screen should be distorted when trying to view the uppermost part when the vertical range is outside the screen? Link to video.   https://youtu.be/3o0KSxU2eVE?feature=shared

It's normal for that to happen.

Search for "oscilloscope opamp recovery" for more info.

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023, 12:26:17 am »
Tell me, why is the +-100 volt bias made if it can’t be used? On the lecroy I can view a 20 milvolt signal with no problem!

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2023, 12:27:31 am »
On the lecroy I can view a 20 milvolt signal with no problem!

Lecroy is much more expensive.

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2023, 12:48:25 am »
Here is a link to a video from Rigol, and I tried to repeat it on my device, and it didn’t work!  So here’s a question on the forum: how is it that everything is fine with the manufacturer?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dn_dXvpEV18g&ved=2ahUKEwjI-OapuY2CAxUjuqQKHR7uDpEQo7QBegQIDhAG&usg=AOvVaw1J_nRzsDO50DMyNgUUmknp

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2023, 05:52:30 am »
dont double post,  you wont be loved ..

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2023, 07:49:31 am »
Here is a link to a video from Rigol, and I tried to repeat it on my device, and it didn’t work!  So here’s a question on the forum: how is it that everything is fine with the manufacturer?

Looks to me like you were testing with a signal that has 100 times higher frequency than in Rigol's demo. So you are giving the op-amp only a fraction of the time to recover.

There are limits to what the front end can handle, and you are exceeding them with your test. I can't see any false advertising by Rigol here.

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2023, 09:34:24 am »
No !  I did the voltage and frequency exactly as in the video!  Thanks to the forum, I found the answer to my question!  It's all about the different input amplifier circuit MSO5000 and MSO7000.  The 7000 contains an ADC input voltage limiter with feedback.  This can be seen when studying photographs of the input amplifier of these two devices from this forum!  In the video from Rigol, the model is 7000 and not 5000 as indicated in the title!  So Rigol is deceiving its customers by not providing them with complete information about the capabilities of its models!  Are there any guys with MSO7000 to check my output?

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2023, 09:59:03 am »
No !  I did the voltage and frequency exactly as in the video! 

Then why did you show something else in the video you shared? It shows 10µs/div timebase, while Rigol demonstrates things at 1 ms/div.

By the way, if you want to share more data: Can you please use still photos (or even better, PNG screenshots) instead of the video? Watching the shaky video made me dizzy, I wasted a lot of time watching you in search for the signal, and had a hard time reading the settings on the screen. Thanks.

In the video from Rigol, the model is 7000 and not 5000 as indicated in the title!

What makes you think that? The MSO7000 looks very different -- not only does it use a white enclosure, but also the screen size and connector layout are different from the MSO5000.

Please take a deep breath and review both, the Rigol video and your test.

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2023, 01:49:27 pm »
Thanks for pointing out my mistake! Yes, when the frequency of the signal being studied decreases, the signal shape is displayed as in the video!

The following users thanked this post: ebastler

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf